• Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

Mirkobien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I got a question. I did a partial NAND backup with the latest version, and everything seemed fine. My SD card is barely under 32 GB thanks to some files, so it dumped almost all 2GB parts alright. Once it tells me to make some space, I take the SD card out, put it on my PC, take the dumps out, then put it back in, and it continues dumping.

Now here's where the problems happens. The last file seems to be dumping alright, but upon finishing, it gives me that "SD Card and eMMC data do not match!" I was told to check the SD card with h2testw, which I did and it showed no problem. What could be happening?

MiguelMBP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 32gb exfat sd, when i try to backup my nand it get stuck in 3% and the screen freezes, the battery won't go down or the charge change.
Is it still working or should I just stop it?

Skonikol

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Guys, there's someone converted hekate_ctcaer_4.0.bin to hekate_ctcaer_4.0.h to download to the dongle, and then I can not run the script binConverter.py? Thnx

cittris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey I just want to confirm this is correct. I just updated from 3.2 to 4.0.
In the ini file I've added.

[Stock]
kip1=modules/newfirm/FS510-exfat_nocmac.kip1
{ }​

As i've been using stock firmware trying not to burn any fuses.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, there's someone converted hekate_ctcaer_4.0.bin to hekate_ctcaer_4.0.h to download to the dongle, and then I can not run the script binConverter.py? Thnx
You can open hekate bin with HxD and select "file" at the top bar, and go to "export" and export it as "c" then just rename it to the .h instead of .c

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't see anywhere it says you MUST backup your TSEC/BISKEY's?
I know you should but it could be clearer for new people.

PS thanks for the v4 update :)

r6tro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Only if you burned fuses when you updated from 3.0.2 to 5.0.1. Otherwise, it is highly recommended.
i updated using ChoidujourNX so i didnt burn fuses. so ur saying if i updated normally i can use my 3.0.2 backup? (burned fuses)
edit:
just to clarify what i'm trying to understand: if i used choidujournx to update to 5.1.0 and sumthing happened to my switch, can i use my 3.0.2 backup or do i have to backup on 5.1.0 as well?

Last edited by r6tro,

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just learning about this and trying to understand: So this requires a JIG, and and runs off SD card. And using this i can back up my original boot 0/1 emmc or whatever before i hack with SX os for instance or do other homebrew? and if i ever want to go back to legit original switch to play legit online and connect to nintendo servers, i would just restore the original backup using HEKATE?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated using ChoidujourNX so i didnt burn fuses. so ur saying if i updated normally i can use my 3.0.2 backup? (burned fuses)
edit:
just to clarify what i'm trying to understand: if i used choidujournx to update to 5.1.0 and sumthing happened to my switch, can i use my 3.0.2 backup or do i have to backup on 5.1.0 as well?
Yup, right on the money. You can use your 3.0.2 backup to return to 3.0.2 firmware without using ChoiDujourNX.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to be sure.... I know the switch writes to boot0 and/or boot1 each boot, hencw why you should always backup everything in one boot. But does it also write something to the nand or not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...