• Views 1,072,403
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the problem is the same with another user's, it's possible.

The other user that had this problem, on initialization, the card was replying garbage stuff, which were out of sd association's spec.
It is possible that this could be because of the controller's init incompatibility instead of the card incompatibility.

EDIT:
Btw, don't think that TX's driver is very different than hekate's and fusee's. ;)
just had something weird happen. my first switch said that the sd card had been removed but when i checked it, it was still there. so maybe it's a faulty sd reader after all, probably never noticed since i barel
Anyway, I don't care about SX OS.

But for hekate, I still want to add support for sdmmc controllers or sd cards like these. But now I only know of one user having that.
I edited my thread to not blame your mod on my issues. I think what you said is possible that some switches have sdmcc controllers that are not compatible. There's another guy that had same issue as me. I'll try to find his post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@bajul did you ever fix your hekate/boot.dat? issue?

is there a way to test the sdmcc controller? I mean to isolate the problem since other than not reading the payload it seems to work just fine ie. installing games/saving screenshots/save games ect.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just had something weird happen. my first switch said that the sd card had been removed but when i checked it, it was still there. so maybe it's a faulty sd reader after all, probably never noticed since i barel

I edited my thread to not blame your mod on my issues. I think what you said is possible that some switches have sdmcc controllers that are not compatible. There's another guy that had same issue as me. I'll try to find his post.

@bajul did you ever fix your hekate/boot.dat? issue?

is there a way to test the sdmcc controller? I mean to isolate the problem since other than not reading the payload it seems to work just fine ie. installing games/saving screenshots/save games ect.

Best way is to send it to Nintendo and get a repair. They'll likely update it though

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way is to send it to Nintendo and get a repair. They'll likely update it though
i updated it trying to get it working which of course it didn't. At least the new switch i bought is on 4.1. I guess i'll keep the 5.1 switch that doesn't work with sx-os for online gameplay.

Pittek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry if this is being asked before, but I didnt found anything.

I made a full nand backup with V2.3 on a brand new 5.1 switch before doing anything else.
Was someone brave enough to restore a dump with 3.0 from an older version (preferably 2.3) and did it work?

I have just made another backup today (which isnt clean anymore of hackish things) with 3.0.
Just in case the old backup will fail, will I still be able to restore todays dump? Or is the Switch totally bricked then?

Sorry for my english, I hope you got what i mean ;)

Cheers

Reactions: Dmafra

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if this is being asked before, but I didnt found anything.

I made a full nand backup with V2.3 on a brand new 5.1 switch before doing anything else.
Was someone brave enough to restore a dump with 3.0 from an older version (preferably 2.3) and did it work?

I have just made another backup today (which isnt clean anymore of hackish things) with 3.0.
Just in case the old backup will fail, will I still be able to restore todays dump? Or is the Switch totally bricked then?

Sorry for my english, I hope you got what i mean ;)

Cheers
You can restore the first backup and if it did not work you can restore the second backup withou problem!
Keep in mind that you need the rawnand.bin and boot 0/1

Last edited by Dmafra,
Reactions: Pittek and Azel

Pittek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Amazing, thx!

I thought it would be smart to do a backup on a "virgin" console to be safe, it seems this could pay out one day ;)
Not that it does matter, I still have my original untouched Switch with my bought games and original account. I bought this second one just for fooling around, its offline since the initial setup and update to 5.1 and ExFat-patch. So I couldnt care less if it gets banned :P

Btw, you have an awesome community here, kudos!

Spunky247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I invested some time today and was unable to dump the nand on fat 32 via hekate v3.
I get the error "fatfs 13". I am on 4.1 and have a 128 micro SD.
Now i have read the last 3 pages and If i understand it correct, there actually is a bug with firmware 4.1 and i have to wait for a new Release?

Today i used a 64 GB exfat micro SD and the dump worked perfectly. Didnt recognise that i just could use an exfat SD. Thought i would need the exfat driver to be installed before :-D *shame on me*

Took about 80 mins to dump and verify.

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There may be bugs in there. Even if there aren't, CTCaer may some code cleanup and documentation to do. It's open source so you can compile and distribute as you like but advertising it as 3.1 is very misleading.

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
  • Custom boot logo
    Enable the use of a custom boot logo when auto booting.
    If a log is specified in the selected boot entry, it will be used
    If not or the logo was not found, bootlogo.bmp will be used.
    If nothing is found or custom boot logo is disabled, hekate's built in logo will be used.
Just some precision on bootlogo :

1- Have to be 720 x 1080 pixels and rotated
(the head of your image must be on the left and the bottom at right)
2- the file must be named as "bootlogo.bmp"
3- the file must be edited as a RVBA bmp
4 - the launch option must be on autoboot

Here I share the bootlogo i edited
Hope you enjoy :)

Attachments

• bootlogo.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 292
Last edited by soaresden,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If we could flash hekate to that damn tx dongle, it'll be actual useful to pay for that thing, tbh I'd love to have a multifunctional bootloader like hekate being even more portable than just w/ a phone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro