• Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah I guessed as much, but was surprised it was that small ^^
(I have literally nothing installed, just 2 accounts. I guess I could get closer to your size if I removed the partition/exfat/keys folder from my archive :) )

Reactions: wicksand420

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting the same thing... payload 3.0 and Rocket Man 5.0 files, Full NAND backup completes successfully but eventually it fails in verification.

Tried it a few times with a few different cards too. Anyone else getting this?

I just did one last night, it went fine. I'll try on my other switch (i need a 5.1 backup anyways, just did the exfat update).

Mine zipped is 745MB, it all depends on what is installed to nand.

I rar'd mine and was so surprised at the drop in size I just played it safe and kept my original dump.

Last edited by IS_Nitro,

xy-maps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm getting the same thing... payload 3.0 and Rocket Man 5.0 files, Full NAND backup completes successfully but eventually it fails in verification.

Tried it a few times with a few different cards too. Anyone else getting this?

Yes, got the same Error at the same percentage...
I even used the same card as last time when it was working. :/
Samsung MicroSD 32GB
OFW: 5.1.0
Hekate 3.0
Rocketman V5

Reactions: Albytrozz

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I just realized I used the Hekate 2.3 payload, so my backups will not help confirm anything... lol whoops :P

I'll let 'em run anyways, I don't feel like doing a dskchk.

Last edited by IS_Nitro,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so if I launch something with hbl then go back the home menu I can't use sleep normally ?

Edit: just tried, nope, same as before I guess.

Last edited by Azel,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@CTCaer, that's a long shot, and probably not a feature needed right now, but would you consider adding a feature to do some kind of a "truncated" version for a full verified nand dump ? so we can keep it on the sdcard, ready to be reflashed at any time?
it could got, full dump, full verify, truncate, with a plain text file on the side with adresses offsets for 0s saved?
then whe reflashing it would flash what's needed and flash zeroes between targeted adresses offsets.

just a thought, and that would enable fat32 sd card nand restore if nand dump was under 4Gb too ^^

Last edited by Azel,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Okay, wake-up / standby is finally working UNTIL you start a title and keep it open for firmware 3.X (only backlight when wake-up).

Thank you @CTCaer for your work on it :)
The sleep mode does not work for 3.x. That's why it shows black screen with backlight.

@CTCaer, that's a long shot, and probably not a feature needed right now, but would you consider adding a feature to do some kind of a "truncated" version for a full verified nand dump ? so we can keep it on the sdcard, ready to be reflashed at any time?
it could got, full dump, full verify, truncate, with a plain text file on the side with adresses offsets for 0s saved?
then whe reflashing it would flash what's needed and flash zeroes between targeted adresses offsets.

just a thought, and that would enable fat32 sd card nand restore if nand dump was under 4Gb too ^^
Not possible with the crappy BPMP processor and the non-initialized ram. It will take more time to compress it.
Also a truncated version of a disk is not possible.

-----------------------------------

For anyone else that have problems with backup please reply again with the following:
Type of backup: Single file or Partial backup (.00, .01, etc)
Error: Read from eMMC or read from SD or mismatch. Include the LBA AND percent also.

I'm seeing some strange LBAs that don't match the percent.
There's a big chance that there's are cases where the it reads the incorrect data from eMMC and compares it with the correct data from SD.
(Especially the case of a user that tested 3 sd cards and had the same problem in the same position, is wierd. That's not possible, if there are no bugs.)

I'll recheck the replies to gather as much info as possible. But if you have more info to add please say so.

Please be patient. And do not do anything that writes your emmc without having a legit backup.

Last edited by CTCaer,

youaho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
verification failed full backup

Attachments

• 20180701_222840.jpg
    20180701_222840.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 276

normal19

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
My most recent backup attempt with info

Single file, failed 52%, failed read from SD @LBA 01EA6000

Trying again now

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not possible with the crappy BPMP processor and the non-initialized ram. It will take more time to compress it.
Also a truncated version of a disk is not possible.

Yeah, I see, no ram, of course it wont work, too bad tough.

unrelated, but if you need testing for 3.x sleep at some point, I can help with that :)

psychospacefish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes because it's hardware sha256. It has the same speed with memcpy.
Check the test results here:
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/co...af3fc1ce18a673819708ac#commitcomment-29474530

Ahh okay, that makes sense! I think another way of optimizing it would be to calculate the hashes of the NAND during dumping the NAND, store them in an array then save them alongside the NAND as something like rawnand.sha (with 4MB blocks this is only 232KB of memory), then when verifying you only need to read from the write target storage to verify a successful transfer (SD card for dump, eMMc for restore). Saves reading from the NAND twice during a dump :)

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone else that have problems with backup please reply again with the following:
Error: Read from eMMC or read from SD or mismatch. Include the LBA AND percent also.

Falure on my Hekate 3.0 full single file backup, error below (exFat SD):

Filename: Backup/rawnand.bin
[ 99%]---------------------------
SD card and eMMC data (@LBA 00002000),
do not match!

Post Note: My CTCaer mod Hekate 2.3 backups a few hours ago on the same SD cards finished and verified with no errors. Are these OK to use in the future if needed?

*EDIT*

My other switch just errored out too (fat32 sd, partial backup, Hekate 3.0:

Filename: Backup/rawnand.bin.06
[ 41%]-----------
[FatFS] Error: Read - Low level disk I/O!

Failed to read 8192 bloacks (@LBA 01830000),
from SD card

Last edited by IS_Nitro,

derekzoolander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-----------------------------------

I'm seeing some strange LBAs that don't match the percent.
There's a big chance that there's are cases where the it reads the incorrect data from eMMC and compares it with the correct data from SD.
(Especially the case of a user that tested 3 sd cards and had the same problem in the same position, is wierd. That's not possible, if there are no bugs.)

I'll recheck the replies to gather as much info as possible. But if you have more info to add please say so.

Please be patient. And do not do anything that writes your emmc without having a legit backup.

in addition to what I posted earlier, tried to do just a USER partition backup. Failed on .05, @LBA00002000, I think it was like overall 38 or 42% done, cannot remember and error does not show total percent, just verification percent. it ALWAYS appears to be on the first new block of data being written after resuming the partial backup. ie. if my sd card filled after .06, error is thrown when resuming on .07. If it ends at .04, error thrown when resuming at .05.

Anyways, will have a 64 gig SD card tomorrow evening to test with and will report back on how that goes. LMK if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Cheers

normal19

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
My most recent backup attempt with info

Single file, failed 52%, failed read from SD @LBA 01EA6000

Trying again now
failed again

Single file

52%
[FatFS] Error: Read - Low level disk I/O!

Failed to read 8192 blocks (@LBA 01E9E000), from sd card!

71m 18s

xiaohei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
hekate emmc restore, failed to intialize emmc. But this one was bricked amd unable to restore because it can not access the emmc. really not sure how i bricked it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head