• Replies 3,216
  • Likes 128

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Hekate can turn Power off during autoRCM and battery will not drain at all just like an original Nintendo Switch.. Correct me if I am wrong.

Does Daybreak for atmosphere do the same thing ? I dont want to keep it in sleep mode for months because I haven't played it for a few months now.

Daybreak is a firmware flasher not a tool to shut down the switch, if you don't use the console for few months it will drain the battery anyway.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daybreak is a firmware flasher not a tool to shut down the switch, if you don't use the console for few months it will drain the battery anyway.

I know that but it will drain the battery slowly like an original Nintendo Switch. With autoRCM which will drain it much faster.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
I know that Hekate can turn Power off during autoRCM and battery will not drain at all just like an original Nintendo Switch.. Correct me if I am wrong.

Does Daybreak for atmosphere do the same thing ? I dont want to keep it in sleep mode for months because I haven't played it for a few months now.
Is not Daybreak more of a better version of ChoiDuJourNX rather than an equivalent of Hekate?

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Aside from its datedness, there also appears to be other issues with ChoiDuJourNX that someone like SciresM could explain. He basically developed Daybreak because of those concerns he found. But I think he speaks on theoretical terms about the matter.

I personally had used ChoiDuJourNX on multiple occasions before without any problem whatsoever. Although, I must admit that I've switched to Daybreak now. I can say that Daybreak is way more efficient than ChoiDuJourNX, based on my experience between the two.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,
Reactions: Tyvar1 and tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That is a fallacy. AutoRCM does not drain the battery anymore than a console without AutoRCM. I can 100% verify that as an AutoRCM user myself.

The confusion comes from the fact that people who have AutoRCM will often have their switches booted into RCM mode, and not know about it as it drains the battery. That's the only time "AutoRCM drains battery".

I personally am seeing less incentive to have AutoRCM be a thing, with smartphones being able to push payloads anytime and emuMMC being able to preserve a clean SYS..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The confusion comes from the fact that people who have AutoRCM will often have their switches booted into RCM mode, and not know about it as it drains the battery. That's the only time "AutoRCM drains battery".

I personally am seeing less incentive to have AutoRCM be a thing, with smartphones being able to push payloads anytime and emuMMC being able to preserve a clean SYS..
I know the whole situation because I was the one that investigated why draining was happening in the first place then made a thread dedicated to AutoRCM. I just hate how misinformation spreads and leads to cool features being looked down upon because people aren't getting the full story.

Also, without AutoRCM, you still need a jig which I would think you are less likely to have on hand unlike a smartphone. And based on the banning thread that I have been running for 3 years now, AutoRCM alone has not caused any bans.

anthonws

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not sure if this is the right place to ask. If not, my apologies.
Using latest version of Hekate + Nyx. Trying to dump Joycon BT pairing info but it's not working no matter what...
I'm using 3rd party controllers that I acquired from Amazon.
Already removed pairing info and paired the controllers multiple times in HOS.
Controllers work fine and are auto detected in HOS when inserted in the rails.

Any hints?

Thanks,
anthonws.

Arserene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
6jgU5C9W

I'm receiving this error when I try to boot into Hekate.

I'm on 10.2 with the latest Atmosphere. I've had problems with Hekate in the past such as it not going past the boot splash but this is the first time something like this happens.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
6jgU5C9W

I'm receiving this error when I try to boot into Hekate.

I'm on 10.2 with the latest Atmosphere. I've had problems with Hekate in the past such as it not going past the boot splash but this is the first time something like this happens.
maybe its time for making a fresh sd card setup, do you use fat32 filesystem on sd card?

Arserene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
maybe its time for making a fresh sd card setup, do you use fat32 filesystem on sd card?

Thanks for the reply. No, I'm not using FAT32. I've tried doing a fresh setup but that didn't help. I might try to format my micro SD card to FAT32. I'll give you a feedback once I do that.

Tyvar1

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water