[RCM Payload] Hekate - CTCaer mod

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CTCaer, May 1, 2018.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Stock emuMMC is when you want to keep your emuMMC clean so you can play online with it without getting banned. It boots your emuMMC with almost no additional hacks.

2. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    OK, I followed the Instructions on Switch.Homebrew.Guide. Not sure if I have EmuNAND or not. I just use the AutoRCM, and it Boots right into Atmosphere. How do I know which to use for the 5.0.0/5.0.1 ?
    Does it still break Games? Last time I was on 5.0.0, it kept saying a Game had Corrupt Data when it works perfectly under 4.10.1

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Make sure you're using the latest Atmosphere (0.9.2), and make sure you added the signature patches.

4. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 I like Pokémon

Aug 26, 2009
    Costa Rica
    Uh no... That's not what it is. I'm talking about the changelog for version 5.0.1 which mentions that stock emuMMC has been disabled due to bugs.

5. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Yeah stock emuMMC is just booting a non-CFW emuMMC. It's broken, so CTCaer disabled it for now.

6. alba93

alba93 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    France
    thanks a lot for this update
    it fixed my boot issue with firmware 6.2

7. Akorax

Akorax Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2012
    Sweden
    Can't seem to backup emuMMC using Hekate 5.0.1. I see some posts have the same problem.
    - Migrate emuMMC only produces a new config file.
    - Backup eMMC wtih emuMMC toggled on disables the options to produce backups.

Edit: some info... AMS 0.9.2, emuMMC partition based (RAW1). emuMMC OS ver. 8.1.
    Edit2: Read the TODO notes. This is not an issue, just not implemented yet it seems.

Last edited by Akorax, Jul 7, 2019
  8. milkybar1983

milkybar1983 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2012
    5.0.1 cannot create emummc SD partitions, it says there is not valid partiion (there is)

if you go back to 5.0.0 with the same SD card it says the partition is valid

9. zebigboo

zebigboo Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2018
    France
    Ok so I launched hekate on my switch following the instructions, when I click on "Launch" it says :

"No main boot entries found... You can use the following entry to boot stock, or use More configs button for more boot entries."

And when I click on "More configs" it says "No .ini or boot entriess found..." so what file should I use in bootloader /ini/ ? since I'm doing that only in order to use checkpoint in order to inject copy save files...

I'm a little lost here :blink:

10. zebigboo

zebigboo Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2018
    France
    Sorry to bother but I used checkpoint last year and I don't know how things have changed in the process, but I obtain this :

Any idea on how to access the checkpoint menu ? Usually I just had to click on the "photos" icon...

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Hold R when opening the Album to enter the Homebrew menu.

zebigboo likes this.
  12. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Yeah button combo system was updated. You hold R button to go to hbmenu while booting album. Before this you hold it to disable it. But that was changed. You can go back to the old method if you want. Just update the ini file for it. I forget which, but one of the ini file in the atmosphere folder controls this.

The change is the addition of a "!" used as a switch. Use it to change behavior from off by default or on by default until button is pressed. ;)

13. zebigboo

zebigboo Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2018
    France
    Thanks ! The problem was : it wasn't written anywhere so I didn't know what was wrong xD

14. yellowcar

yellowcar Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    is there a way to reboot into hekate from OFW? or do you need to restart, enter RCM and inject payload?

15. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    In low enough firmware versions (up to 4.x at the moment iirc) you can use something like caffeine, otherwise yes the latter.

yellowcar likes this.
  16. momo125

momo125 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    Mexico
    Hello,
    since I have set autorcm, I cannot turn switch off with the power button. Is there something I can do?

17. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    It is on, it's just in RCM mode. Push a payload and you'll boot.

18. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    use this basic ini

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/blob/master/res/hekate_ipl_template.ini

19. bird333

bird333 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Do I need to create a exfat sdcard to restore my rawnand.bin? I.e. the restore function can't use the rawnand.00, rawnand.01, etc files?

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Hekate added support for split NAND backups for FAT32 SD cards so no, you do not need to use exFAT to restore your NAND.