Hardware Rcm mode after charging issue

livo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me out and tell me why my switch will only boot to rcm every time i turn it on after a charging port, m92t36 & p13usb replacement. The console charges normally now and fast charges both ways round. but i get no screen output or back light. if i connect it to my computer and run TegraRcmgui it tells me it is in rcm mode with out me needing to do anything to get it into rcm, i can inject a payload and it say its successful but i still have no screen or back light, the switch has never been modded in anyway. Original issue was my kid broke the charge port where he managed to pull the plastic out leaving just the pins in the port to cross and it took out the m92t36 and p13usb for good measure before this it worked flawless. Thanks

Pintglass

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me out and tell me why my switch will only boot to rcm every time i turn it on after a charging port, m92t36 & p13usb replacement. The console charges normally now and fast charges both ways round. but i get no screen output or back light. if i connect it to my computer and run TegraRcmgui it tells me it is in rcm mode with out me needing to do anything to get it into rcm, i can inject a payload and it say its successful but i still have no screen or back light, the switch has never been modded in anyway. Original issue was my kid broke the charge port where he managed to pull the plastic out leaving just the pins in the port to cross and it took out the m92t36 and p13usb for good measure before this it worked flawless. Thanks

Did you replace the cap you removed from next to the main pmic?
Your switch is obviously booting into rcm mode which could be numerous things check your nand is seated correctly no bent pins, did you check inside the LCD connector for damage using a microscope if you have one.

Reactions: Agilato

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you replace the cap you removed from next to the main pmic?
Your switch is obviously booting into rcm mode which could be numerous things check your nand is seated correctly no bent pins, did you check inside the LCD connector for damage using a microscope if you have one.

It can be poor NAND chip connection.

Last edited by Agilato,

livo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It can be poor NAND chip connection.
Hi, sorry been busy, after a bit more testing i have found that when the usb port shorted out as well as m92t36 & p13usb it also broke my righthand joycon, the joy con has no signs of life on any switch i connect it to(we have 3 more switches in the house), could it be the joycon contrioller chip at fault?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)