Hacking RCM Loader OneB Update Firmware

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The tool itself yes but also the firmware on the device in upgrade mode?
The firmware updater tool is working as it should, just to test it i updated one i had laying around, and no problem, its either your USB port or your RCMLoader is defect

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
LOL Right xD, I own a mac personally but the windows is a dell thinkpad 2 USB-C and 1 USB-A
😉 , did all my “hacks” recently (PS4 and Switch) with an HP Elitebook G2 and didn’t have issues so far ( really like this machine for hacking, because it can easily follow my consoles).

Reactions: Kazuhiro89

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My update stuck at 30%. :sad:
My RCMloader ONE Plus is no longer recognized as a disk drive.
Are using windows computer ? (10 ?)
Which cable did you use, the one from your RCM loader ?
What does it says when plugging into your computer ?
Can you try another cable and another USB port ?

Jjoapadami

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Try manual Download on app.

Enviado de meu ASUS_X00TDB usando o Tapatalk

Tried manual and auto. Didn't work. I also did try to format the loader which I think that is what caused the issue.

Trying to find a tool like the updater to format the loader.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are there clones of the xkit ones?

I think I have one. I used to have an official one. But this one won't cycle folders when I press +.

It just users either the first folder alphabetically or the folder in the default text file.

It'd be nice if anyone knows how to fix this. I've tried fw update 2.02 it wouldn't see the device. I tried resetting with a SIM eject tool (presumably you just put it in for a few seconds).

I tried deleting all the folders and just using Hekate and atmosphere.

It defaults to atmosphere (a before h). When I hold + it flashes green to signify it has changed folders... But if you short press to check (or launch payload). Its blue again.

I got it from onbuy for about £9.

To be honest it's not the end of the world as long as I can get into atmosphere I can launch any payload from homebrew. But if someone knows a fix let me know.

Reactions: stayingarmed

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there clones of the xkit ones?

I think I have one. I used to have an official one. But this one won't cycle folders when I press +.

It just users either the first folder alphabetically or the folder in the default text file.

It'd be nice if anyone knows how to fix this. I've tried fw update 2.02 it wouldn't see the device. I tried resetting with a SIM eject tool (presumably you just put it in for a few seconds).

I tried deleting all the folders and just using Hekate and atmosphere.

It defaults to atmosphere (a before h). When I hold + it flashes green to signify it has changed folders... But if you short press to check (or launch payload). Its blue again.

I got it from onbuy for about £9.

To be honest it's not the end of the world as long as I can get into atmosphere I can launch any payload from homebrew. But if someone knows a fix let me know
Happy to know I’m not the only one with this issue. I’ve tried putting different payloads in the different folders and it only ever blinks to blue on short push and green on long press. I bought mine on Newegg

**UPDATE: I reformatted the RCMloader in fat format and loaded all the files back onto it and now it works and actually changes between loads like it's suppose to :)

Last edited by stayingarmed,

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy to know I’m not the only one with this issue. I’ve tried putting different payloads in the different folders and it only ever blinks to blue on short push and green on long press. I bought mine on Newegg

**UPDATE: I reformatted the RCMloader in fat format and loaded all the files back onto it and now it works and actually changes between loads like it's suppose to :)

Didn't work for me... But to be honest I don't have the original folders, and I think the original had fusee-primary not fusee.bin.

The folders I have are fusee, Hekate, tegra and lockpick (was thinking of removing lockpick as I'll probably never need it.... Let alone need to do it from the RCM loader).

Can you do me a favour. Zip your folders and post them on here? Or pm me?

I'll re format and try yours. If it doesn't work it's no great loss (but I'm curious as to why).

Did you fomat using Windows?? Quick format? Etc?

I'll try it.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This device was a hassle and still is but what I did was just threw the hekate payload into the atmosphere folder on the rcmloader and i run any other payloads thru hekate. I couldnt get mine to cycle folders either and my pc takes like 5minutes just to read the drive to transfer another payload so I just leave it as is. Hekate is all I found I need anyways.

I read somewhere to get it to cycle you gotta have it plugged in then hit the button but i havent tested that myself.

Even when updating (pressing buttons while plugged in I had an issue getting it to go into update mode but eventually got it)

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't work for me... But to be honest I don't have the original folders, and I think the original had fusee-primary not fusee.bin.

The folders I have are fusee, Hekate, tegra and lockpick (was thinking of removing lockpick as I'll probably never need it.... Let alone need to do it from the RCM loader).

Can you do me a favour. Zip your folders and post them on here? Or pm me?

I'll re format and try yours. If it doesn't work it's no great loss (but I'm curious as to why).

Did you fomat using Windows?? Quick format? Etc?

I'll try it.
I’m on a Mac and I just formatted it to fat (not fat32 or anything, just fat) and then loaded the files that came on it to begin with https://www.xkit.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/USB-FLASH-DRIVE-files_20211117.zip

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK I've solved it.... and there are obviously different RCM loaders that work differently so this might not work for you.

This advice works.

I formatted FAT (restored default allocation table size). Restored the files you added and it worked.

However as soon as I tried to remove the folders I didn't need my RCM loader wouldn't see them. Also if I added or renamed a folder RCM loader won't see it.

So at the moment I have the Atmosphere/Hekate folder with Fusee.bin (Renamed to payload.bin).

And I put the Hekate.bin file in the REINX folder. On this model of RCM loader it won't let you rename these folders if you try only the first folder (alphabetically) will work.

On my old RCM loader it wasn't a problem.... you could call the folders whatever you wanted too, and the "+" just cycled the folders alphabetically.

For me these are really the only 2 payloads I really need. I occasionally use Tegra explorer and the only other payload is lockpick (but I doubt I'll ever need it again, I'd be on a PC if I did).

However if someone is reading this and may require other payloads in the future (say android or windows etc.) .... you can copy the redundant folders into one of the payload folders your going to use just to keep the file structure safe and recoverable. The device won't see the other folders and simply launch the payload.bin

One more thing.... you need to use the folders in order. So you have to Put your primary payload in the Atmosphere_Hekate folder then your secondary payload in in the REINX folder etc. If you deleted say the REINX folder and tried to use the SXOS or USER folders it won't change to the next folder as it's not found the folder its looking for (alphabetically) . So it just goes to the default folder (launch.txt).

You can change the default folder in launch.txt.... which can point to any folder. However if you don't use the fist ones (alphabetically) that becomes the only Folder your RCM loader will be able to see.

I hope that helps someone.

Last edited by Kallim,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Tried manual and auto. Didn't work. I also did try to format the loader which I think that is what caused the issue.

Trying to find a tool like the updater to format the loader.
For me the history is:

brought a RCMLoader One Plus V2 (White cardboard box), at first it worked fine, I was able to inject hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5.bin as payload. Then I did try to add others payloads and get a strange error, because pressing the "+" button only could change the payload to Green one, pressing again only show green light, try to format the drive as FAT and extract the file downloaded from: https://www.xkit.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/USB-FLASH-DRIVE-files_20211117.zip on to the fresh formatted drive, then ejected the drive but pressing the + button give me nothing, no light no flashing, nothing!.

I did press the reset button but no luck, connecting the unit to the computer but no USB Mass Storage drive is detected, only a HID device.

Download the firmware updater http://www.xkit.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/RCMloader_One_Plus_Update_Tool_V2.02.zip and follow the instructions.

after almost 1 hour the updater is stuck on:
1643210828342.png

The "Downloading !£" keeps scrolling but no progress is made.

After disconnecting the unit from Computer, blue and green light keeps flashing.

Anybody knows how can I unbrick the unit? thanks a lot for your help

try to contact the support at the email on they support page, but get no delivery. and I can not use QQ so no contact has been possible.

Does anybody have a full updater wich reformat the USM drive, I think that cause the brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: