Hardware RCM Loader One not working anymore?

LeyendaV

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Last time it worked, the Hekate version loaded into it was 5.8.0. Ater updating to 5.9.0, didn't use it in a few weeks. Now, when it's plugged into the console, nothing happens.

Currently:
  • Everything is working perfectly on the PC side.
  • Battery if fully charged.
  • Led lights up correctly.
  • Button works.
  • Switch's USB port works flawlessly.
  • Firmware updated to the last version (Nov 2021) since I bought it back in March this year.

Looking around internet, I've seen lots of folks with the same issue, but so far couldn't find why this is happening.
Only think I can think of is that Hekate 5.9.0 is not compatible (same problem the device had with Hekate 5.6.0 last year), but I can't say for sure. I sent an email to the address that appears on the contact site since it appears to be the only way to contact the fabricant, but I honestly have 0 hopes they do something or even reply at all.

Last edited by LeyendaV,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, don't know the version. But it's white box, that's for sure.
Try running the payload without the SD card inserted.
Post automatically merged:

If it boots to the Hekake menu w/o SD card inserted, then there might be something wrong with how you configured Hekake on the SD card. But if everything works from the PC side of things with SD card inserted, then the dongle is the problem.

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Last time when I updated newest version of payload (hekate - sorry, I can't remember the version at that time) into my RCM Loader One (white box - from aliexpress), I also faced this issue. Nothing happen when I plugged RCM into Switch. Then I plug RCM into PC and downgrade the payload to older version, it works like a charm. Apparently, hekate has maintained a way to detect which payload is newest (payload from Dongle or payload from SD card) with update.bin.
1668741473871.png

From that, I only need to update hekate in SD to newest and leave RCM Loader alone. At this time, it's still working good (I'm sure payload version of my RCM is lower than 5.9.0 but when I boot into hekate, it always shows 5.9.0)

LeyendaV

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Last time when I updated newest version of payload (hekate - sorry, I can't remember the version at that time) into my RCM Loader One (white box - from aliexpress), I also faced this issue. Nothing happen when I plugged RCM into Switch. Then I plug RCM into PC and downgrade the payload to older version, it works like a charm. Apparently, hekate has maintained a way to detect which payload is newest (payload from Dongle or payload from SD card) with update.bin.
View attachment 338439
From that, I only need to update hekate in SD to newest and leave RCM Loader alone. At this time, it's still working good (I'm sure payload version of my RCM is lower than 5.9.0 but when I boot into hekate, it always shows 5.9.0)
I completely forget about this. Thanks for the heads up, I got the device to work again this way.

However, it is more of a momentary fix than an actual solution. And it only strengths my idea about the issue being the newest version of Hekate somehow not being compatible.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I completely forget about this. Thanks for the heads up, I got the device to work again this way.

However, it is more of a momentary fix than an actual solution. And it only strengths my idea about the issue being the newest version of Hekate somehow not being compatible.
Glad everything works now.

Reactions: LeyendaV

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Migrate to ArgonNX-SE. Is a definitive solution and Roy will never need to update the payoff on RCM

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yep ArgonNX-SE is a payload whay chainload any ither payload on your sd card. So yo never will update your rcm, you just update a file on your sd card.

And also you can load a menu at startup to select any of several payloads if you want

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don get it.

When you use ArgonNX-SE (https://github.com/Storm21CH/ArgonNX-SE), you injector (RCM Loader, Atmosphère NX, Trinket, TegraRCM, TegraRCMGUI, Rekado, etc.) for ever will inject the payload of ArgonNX; that payload run a program on your SD card (SD:/argon/sys/argon-nx-gui.bin), that program could then autoboot the file SD:/argon/autolaunch.bin or show a graphic menu for you to select a set of payloads on the SD:/argon/payloads.

So when Hekate get updated, you don't need to update your injector, simply copy the new Hekate payload.bin to SD:/argon/autolaunch.bin and voilà you get updated and don't need to mess with the injector, sometimes is a pain on the butt to update the injector, and you avoid to waste the NAND life of the device.

P.D. since 5.6 Hekate also have a failsafe for update the payload, if you boot an old Hekate.bin payload, when hekate boots on the console it autodetect the old version and automatically reload the file on SD:/bootloader/update.bin so boot an old hekate payload is not so bad issue :D

Reactions: SylverReZ

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@impeeza thanks for the info.

I only just got my usb injector and haven't run into any issues but Ill keep argonnx in mind in case it does I guess.
Though if an old hekate payload can work then right now I don't see why or when i would need to update the injector.

Reactions: impeeza

LeyendaV

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Arg
ArgonNX-SE is your definitive solution
I won't download it. Everything that can be done from Argon can also be done from Hekate, plus a lot more.
Using a payload for a previous version triggers the update payload, yes, but in the end the result is exactly the same. Not 100% as it should be, but nonetheless is still a solution to keep using everything the exact same way.
Including Argon in the formula would only add an extra, completely unnecessary step to the process.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yep. Is a manner of teaste, argon just allow you to never need to update your injector. Hekate rocks!
Post automatically merged:

For my wife's console we have two RCM injectors, a original RCM Loader clear plastic box, works like a charm with Hekate 5.9.0 payload.
A recently buyed RCM Loader "V5" clone from Aliexpress. the first time we put Hekate 5.9.0 payload, doesn't work, the rcm inject the payload and stays blue for long time.

Had to put Argon on ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE folder and hekate payload on REINX folder, then press the reset button and press the "+" button to change the default payload to REINX (Green), then change again the default payload to "Atmosphere" (blue) and test to load Argon, it works fine.

Then change again the payload on ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE to Hekate 5.9.0 and now works fine.

I don't know if was the pressing of the "Reset" button or replace the payloads and copy again but something make it to works fine with Hekate 5.9.0, but for now I am going to leave ArgonNX-SE on the ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE folder of my two RCM Loaders.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: LeyendaV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?