Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
My RCM Loader battery seems to be dead. As soon as I unplug it, it becomes unresponsive, and it doesn't seem able to boot my CFW like this. Is it possible to replace the battery? Is it possible to order the battery? Is t worth it or should I just order a new one? Thanks in advance.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Take it apart an have a look.
It has a small 3.7V 50mAh battery, similar to this one;:

New-RCM-Loader-ONE-Tear-Down-Battery-800x600.jpg

ParnVlc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Looks like exactly the same happened to my RCM Loader battery. Thanks for the tips, but as I have the jig I will be using RCM Loader android app from now on

Last edited by ParnVlc,
Reactions: pustal

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My RCM Loader battery seems to be dead. As soon as I unplug it, it becomes unresponsive, and it doesn't seem able to boot my CFW like this. Is it possible to replace the battery? Is it possible to order the battery? Is t worth it or should I just order a new one? Thanks in advance.

Take it apart yourself would void your warrant. Unless your warrant is already expired.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine used to last nothing, It died the same day i charged it. I rebooted the loader with a pin in the litle hole and a hard reset was made.
I's been working properly since i rebooted it.

ParnVlc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No.. I mean your Nintendo Switch from Nintendo. Open your hardware would void your warrant if your NSW broken and Nintendo wouldn't repair it for you.
No one is talking about opening Nintendo Switch. The battery that died and to be replaced is the one inside RCM Loader dongle.

Mine used to last nothing, It died the same day i charged it. I rebooted the loader with a pin in the litle hole and a hard reset was made.
I's been working properly since i rebooted it.
I also tried to do a hard reset to the dongle but didn't work. Definitely the battery must be replaced. I've seen new ones on AE around 2.80€. Anyway, as I said, with the RCM Loader jig, a USB C to USB C cable (in my case) and the RCM loader app for mobile the dongle is not needed and it is still fully portable (not needed to connect the Switch to a PC)

Last edited by ParnVlc,

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How long do you get from a charge? I'm getting about a week. After that it seems to inject about half the payload and Hekate won't load.

Holding power and a little charge sorts things out.

Thought you got about 1000 boots from one charge?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How long do you get from a charge? I'm getting about a week. After that it seems to inject about half the payload and Hekate won't load.

Holding power and a little charge sorts things out.

Thought you got about 1000 boots from one charge?
Probably something like 1000 boots, or 1 week, whichever comes first. :rofl2: Mine doesn't last too long, either. Cheap design, overall. Probably best to go with the android phone app as a replacement.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got mine today. Didn't even lasted for a day. Wasted $13 on it.
Make sure to fully charge it. It takes about an hour. You'll see the LED flashing. Brand new, it should work and hold its charge for at least a couple of weeks.

It's too bad Nintendo outlawed the Dragon Injector. I'm sure that one really lasted 1000 charges, with it's replaceable coin cell battery.

Last edited by Dust2dust,

Alsusee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is battery replacement for the RCM Loader as easy as plug and play or do I need to solder?

You'll need to solder it in. I'm absolutely crap at soldering and managed it as its only 2 wires.

Note that the replacement battery may be slightly larger than the old one and you'll need to tape the outside case together as it won't fit in the case properly.

Reactions: mr_switch

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured I would update this for some people since I am dealing with this now

and you need the 45mah not the 50mah will be thicker

Ebay Battery goes for almost $8 you are better off just ordering a new one from Ali since those go for now $9/10

These are the 2 solder points

image.png

Use a pry tool

image.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi