NULL

Question RCM does not work on my switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Vyvoro, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Vyvoro
    OP

Vyvoro Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    United States
    (Oh boy 2 days of my life wasted)
    so ive been tring for ever and my switch refuses to go into RCM. Is it that my switch is "to old" (does this only work on new switchs?) or is it the rig (im using a paperclip)

2. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    It's your paperclip 100%

Vyvoro likes this.
  3. pin

pin GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2009
    use tin foil it's very easy

4. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Jesus get a jig. Jamming metallic objects into the rail without any degree of precision is not going to end well .

5. Nitrogamer

Nitrogamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2018
    Sweden
    The new Switches are immune to the exploit, so you might have one of the new ones.

6. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Even if it was a new one the console would enter RCM. The only difference is that the payloads we have right now won't work.

@Vyvoro your paperclip probably isn't hitting the pins, when I do use my "jig" (a cable in this case) sometimes I would miss the pins hitting only the sides of the rail.

7. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    You're too cheap
    Spend the 3 dollars to buy a damn jig or modify the joycon yourself

If you're using paper clip, no one should even bother try to help you

8. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    HE already said its an older one not a new one .

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

infact hit me up when it wont boot anymore ill buy it off ya real cheap.

9. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    How stupid of an attitude is that? So if a person is a noob then we shouldn't bother trying to help them? That's idiotic

First and foremost no Switch system is immune to entering RCM, they all can. The newer ones are just patched against having a payload injected but they can still enter RCM. The issue is 100% your jig. My adive? Buy an actual jig OR use aluminium foil instead. If you're unsure as to how follow this video, it helps immensely

10. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Aug 17, 2018
  11. Ashura66
    This message by Ashura66 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Aug 17, 2018
  12. DaveLister
    This message by DaveLister has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Aug 17, 2018
  13. Ashura66
    This message by Ashura66 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Aug 17, 2018
  14. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Aug 17, 2018
  15. DaveLister
    This message by DaveLister has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Aug 17, 2018
  16. Ashura66
    Aug 17, 2018
  17. jakkal
    Aug 17, 2018
  18. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    opening the joycon and modding the pins is easier and faster also no risk to the other pins being crossed in the joycon . You cant afford 2-3 dollars i feel for you .

19. Ashura66
    Aug 17, 2018
  20. goulien82

goulien82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Germany
    If you are comfortable with soldering you could just install a reed-switch into your right JoyCon (there are at least two guides here on gbatemp how to do it)... it's simple and takes just about 10 minutes

Last edited by goulien82, Aug 17, 2018
  21. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    do one ya plonker, seriously look back over this entire site for 4 months i have been helping those who want to be helped for those who behave like you , i take a deep breath. Having the craic every now and then is something you learn to live with on public forum boards . Stop taking this into you r real life , stop letting it upset you , its all bullshit.

22. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    ive modified over 10 joy cons so far. it took 5 minutes or less.
    and im terrible at soldering

everytime i see tinfoil rcm it triggers me

BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  23. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    For the fucking love of god, don't use aluminium foil. Just buy a quality, thin-copper-wired, bent-edged jig. People need to stop fucking around with aluminium foil. Only pins 1, 7, and 10 should be used for RCM and 4 will brick the shit out of your console. Ya'll are tickling the dragon.

For one night, skip the Baconator burger at Wendys and get a good jig.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...S-Shorter-JIG-kits-RCM-CHIP/32889589220.html?

Vyvoro, BL4Z3D247, daxtsu and 2 others like this.
  24. DaveLister
    Aug 17, 2018
  25. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    The foil method does NOT USE PIN 4! It uses pins 9 and 10 it doesn't even come CLOSE to pin 4!

machinoman likes this.
  26. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
  27. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Because they don't sell jigs in my country, i said this before many, many times. I'd have to order from the US and do you know how expensive it gets to order even a 3 dollar item from abroad? Especially from the US into Europe where i live?

28. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Aggh i see that's magic special tinfoil you have there that cannot leave shards behind after its use , agh your kung fu is strong.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ps i will bu it off ya after your done with the tinfoil. hit me up.

Canna likes this.
  29. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Oh i know all about that. Here's the thing though: Once you enter rcm? Remove the foil and that become a NON ISSUE. And even if it does, pressing that little button on the joycon that turns it off? Yeah that fixes the issue INSTANTLY

30. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    You cannot guarantee it won't hit pin 4. You will not be there with people using aliminium foil. By telling people it's safe in general, you are lying to them and endagering their device.

Have you touched aluminium foil? It's thin. It bends easily. When you bend it hard enough, it turns thick and can actually produce sharp edges. I wouldn't put that shit in my $300 device.

A jig is plastic, rigid. They have clear paths and cascade against the pins in a safe manner that won't fuck em up. Bent copper wire is very bendy like aluminium foil and thin. It won't fuck up pins like regular steel paperclips. Most importantly, all are the same.

I'm tellin all you people readin this thread now. Either you get soldering skills or use a jig off Ebay, Aliexpress, or make one yourself. There's a reason why the homebrew for installing nsps is called "Tinfoil". That shit is a JOKE.

Canna, DaveLister and jakkal like this.