NULL

Question RCM does not work on my switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Vyvoro, Aug 17, 2018.

1. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    I know someone who blew up three psone consoles by plugging a broken controller in. Everything you plug into anything can kill it.

http://www.fiftythree.org/etherkiller/

Although a jig is going to be difficult to booby trap, as it's pretty small.

2. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    It is the limit of our technology. Maybe once nanotech matures but right now we cannot make things completely idiot proof.
    As for killing electronics, here is the best way! https://usbkill.com/

3. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Yeah that's the thing i was referring to earlier. I've seen it kill PCs, Xboxes, ps3s and i think also PS4. It was either the ps4 or the XBONE that resisted it the longest

4. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    Someone at work turned up with something that behaved like that about 8 years ago. I don't remember exactly where he said it came from, but it sounded sketchy like someone posted it through his letter box.

5. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    It was mailed to me in a hand written normal envelope taped to a piece of paper.

Is it illegal to purchase centimeter long pieces of plastic in Portugal?

6. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Again, you're forgetting that different countries have different rules and legislation when it comes to imports. The fact is my country suffers from over taxation when it comes to imports. not only is there a ridiculous amount of bureaucracy involved BUT the fares and taxes turn a simple 5 Euro purchase into a 20+Euro purchase

7. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Joycon mod all the way to enter RCM. :) Absolutely zero risk of damaging the pins or shorting anything. There is a mod in this thread that doesn't perpetually short two pins, meaning your joycon behaves like it's unmodified. And also you don't need to install a special internal switch activated by magnet. Just one wire to solder to pin 10, that's all. It works perfectly for me. I just need to have a 6 inches long piece of wire handy when I want to enter RCM.

8. DZane

DZane Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    France
    A paperclip is absolutly enough (im Also using a paperclip) just be sure u connect pin 1 and 10.

9. machinoman

machinoman GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2011
    United States
    [​IMG]

in all fairness, michael j. fox could pull this off.

Last edited by machinoman, Aug 19, 2018
    Ashura66 and Dave_Chad like this.
  10. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    I bet you the spanish flea song plays in your head all day long.

11. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland

Oh for goodness sake. PM me your address and I’ll send you one of mine for free. There will be no import tax, I’m in the EU and sending a standard letter has no import duty.

It’s literally no different than sending a handwritten letter like we did in the good old days. The Jig’s aren’t big enough to cause any suspicion resulting in an import tax.

Canna and kumikochan like this.
  12. Vyvoro
    OP

Vyvoro Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    United States
    Whats that?

13. pin

pin GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2009
    A piece of tin foil. Check on YouTube

Vyvoro likes this.
  14. Vyvoro
    OP

Vyvoro Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    United States
    Yea im just gonna spend the three bucks and get a jigs (Thanks everyone)

daxtsu and Canna like this.
  15. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    I don't NEED a jig, not anymore since i have AutoRCM activated. And i'm not talking about sending stuff within the EU,i'm talking about imports from outside the EU, as in the only place i could even find jigs for sale(granted i haven't looked within the EU for a while because, like i said, i don't NEED one anymore)

16. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Please stop posting the tinfoil method its such a poor way to boot into rcm, it may work but i really dont want people messing there joycons or switches up or shorting out there stuff

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sort him out ffs stew, tinfoil method haha

17. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Stop hating on a method that works just because it's not the same method that you use. And it's not up to YOU to decide what method people use. You can't "want" people to use a certain method over another, it's their call not yours. I'm INFORMING people that alternative methods exist, i'm giving them information to you don't, it's up to them to decide if they want to use it or not. Not up to you, not up to me, it's up to THEM

18. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Firstly
    i never said is was upto me, or told anyone to use/not use a method. i just mentioned it was a poor method and thats exactly what it is.
    Secondly i never mentioned another method for anyone to use, and your just hating not me, cause its what you use cause you cant afford or are too lazy to buy a jig,or have complained about receiving parcels
    Thirdly and i appreciate your giving information, but surely you can give them something rather then the tinfoil method every time a thread like this comes up.

Dont you read what @Pluupy or @DaveLister was saying..

The information you need is here , pin4 is 5volts
    and for all others thinking of or using a rcm method

https://reswitched.tech/hardware/joycon

Last edited by Canna, Aug 19, 2018
  19. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    get the pro,comes with the jig. and stop crying like my team for candies and ice cream.

Canna likes this.
  20. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    Jeez who shat in your handbag :D

So I replied to the wrong person, well excuse me for being doped up on morphine. FWIW, if someone offered me something for free, even if I didn’t need it. I’d say thanks, but no thanks. No fecking politeness these days.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you’ve not bought one yet, send me your address (in a PM) and I’ll send you one. I printed a few off for my own use but I don’t need them now because I decided to mod an old broken JoyCon. Besides they cost me feck all anyway. Well unless you count the 0.00001p it cost in plastic for my printer ;)

Canna likes this.