Hacking RB2 Patched to PAL?

CIJC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys!

im running cioscorp, which mean's i can only play my own region backups from the system menu...

sooooo... if i patch an NTSC copy of Rock Band 2 to PAL with 'RegionFrii'....

will it work?

Thanks!

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
Ummm I don't know why or how. But I have a PAL Wii with 3.2E + Starfall + CIOSCORP and my NTSC Rock Band 2 plays fine through the Disk channel.

Can someone else with a RB2 and a PAL Wii give this a shot?

I'm going to download some more NTSC games and see if I have a miracle Wii!

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
Yup just double checked and it works perfectly.

Seems crazy that people are working towards this functionality and some of us already have it?!

Anything to do with the fact that I upgraded to 3.4 then downgraded to 3.2e, then installed starfall, then installed CIOSCORP?

Is it just as simple as the order of installation?!

CIJC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thats sooooo wierd.... mine just isn't recognised
frown.gif
maybe it was a bad rip/burn

Mitnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downgraded from 3.3v1 to 3.2, Installed Starfall with all Patches and the CIOSCORP in the order the WADs came and I've tried 6 NTSC games on my PAL Wii (We Cheer, Summer Sports 2, Rock Band 2, NeoPets Puzzle Adventure, Neighbourhood Games, Baroque) and they have all worked without problem.

I do have a LEH200 Wii and I'm wondering if thats what makes the difference here.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what you'll find is that You have a NTSC copy of the game that is Region Patched to PAL. Load the ISO image with W.i.U. 1.1 and I'll bet it shows up as PAL Region with NTSC Game code. 4th character of Game ID E=NTSC USA, P=PAL

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
My copy is regionfrii'd to pal and works fine on pal machine, so you'll have no problems.
My only concern is the Music Store. Pal users cant download anything yet because its not been released here, but does patching it to pal just trick the Wii into thinking the games pal or will it also trick the music store aswell?
I guess what im asking is where does the check for DLC region apply? I dont want to unlock all the songs on my version only to have to "obtain" a native version and start again to get DLC.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
NTSC games works fine for me without patching. Tested games: Animal Crossing, Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution.
I am on 3.2E and got starfall.
CIOSCORP rox! If any new ios comes out, it can be patched easily, i think. I can finally use waninkokos save extractor/installer. CIOSCORP is a better solution than the old Wiikey. Also got Wiigator 002 fixed installed just in case.
But till now I had no prob with any games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself