Gaming Rayman advance

Gandev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently I've been playing Rayman on gba, which appears to be a rather good port from the PS1 version and let me say this game is so damn hard .Not only that I can't imagine completing the regular levels without the 99 level cheat(yeah I don't like cheating too, but this one made me
biggrin.gif
) , but now it appears that the final zone is accessible only if you get 100% of the electoons.Man I can't do that - I wonder if somebody here can tell if they have completed the game.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the game at launch, but I was never able to find all the Electoon cages. I ended up using the "all levels" cheat in order to play the final stage. I agree, it's almost impossible to get all of them.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard? You shitting me?

Don't try anything by Treasure, it'll be too much for you.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Not a chance! I got stuck near the beginning of the second zone on the PSX (the one with the Bongos).

I don't usually cheat in games, but on the GBA I used the 99 lives cheat over, and over, and over... and decided it was getting a bit silly by that point
smile.gif
I remember there was one jump I just couldn't make that chewed a fair chunk of them. I think I got stuck again after that, somewhere in the rocks levels.

It's a brilliant game, and bloody impossible to boot!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian, have you ever played the original Rayman? It's very hard actually. But half the challenge isn't beating most of the game, that's manageable. The hard part is going into the stages to find ALL of the cages to free the 'toons. You can't beat the final boss or see the ending without them all collected.

And they made the game easier on the GBA. They gave you more lives, put in more platforms in hard jumps, made the bosses easy to exploit (you could hit some of them all at once without them fighting back), and they removed several of the auto-scrolling screen parts (where you used to die if the screen catches up to you). The original PC, PS1, Saturn, and all other versions were much harder. On the other hand though, you have less of a view in the game, due to much smaller screen resolution.

And I've not had much trouble with some of the Treasure games. That's just me, but I found Rayman 1 considerably harder. That being said, I have beaten both the original DOS game and the GBA version without using cheats or anything. That is completely beaten.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Hadrian, have you ever played the original Rayman?
Course I have, I've even finished the Jaguar version and that was with an awful controller. GBA version was a breeze compared to that.

Seriously you people have to cheat on it? Only game I had to cheat on was Toy Story 2 SNES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom