Hacking RawkSD

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You click the upload button...

You can use www.sendspace.com if it's easier for you, that's my favorite uploading site.
What exactly does it do by the way? Does it let me use RawkSD 3 import songs?

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was tired of having to go into the Homebrew Channel to start Rawksd 3. So I did some reading and create one forwarder. The only thing it does his really putting an "icon" on the "dashboard" and start RawkSD 3 from the dashboard instead of having to go into the Homebrew Channel.

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could somebody please help me ?
mellow.gif

I used to be able to dump songs from my GHWT disc, but now RawkSD 2 displays a "couldn't open files from disk" message...
My customs do work though.

Could this be because I installed IOS37 v3869 ?

Any help would be appreciated
smile.gif

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grrkodiak said:
I was tired of having to go into the Homebrew Channel to start Rawksd 3. So I did some reading and create one forwarder. The only thing it does his really putting an "icon" on the "dashboard" and start RawkSD 3 from the dashboard instead of having to go into the Homebrew Channel.
So you still have to be in the beta for this forwarder for RWK3 to work?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
grrkodiak said:
So you still have to be in the beta for this forwarder for RWK3 to work?

Yes.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after messing around for a while, I was able to get it to work. I now have RawkSD 3 software imports (including songs from Green Day RockBand) working with the RawkSD 2 app since I'm not in the beta.

Apparently the RawkSD crew is unwilling to help with anyone not in the beta program and actually banned me from their IRC chatroom. Don't ask them if you're still using 2, they don't care and they won't help.

As for how I made it work... I used the DopMii method to reinstall IOS37 and patch it (do NOT run the RawkSD patcher, it doesn't work anymore!)... prior to that I used AnyTitleDeleter to remove IOS37 entirely before reinstalling it.

I found that if you load up your SD card with a ton of songs it will give the error about it being unable to copy to your memory. @LeMoonwalker, I got the same error. If it says it's out of date it means your IOS37 is broken, if not then you should be fine.
Try deleting the /rawksd folder in your SD card, then using the PC software to load only one song on there. Delete your RawkSD save file from your Wii, use the RawkSD loader to repatch it. Try playing that one song. In my case, it worked. It didn't work when I put a ton of songs on but starting with one it did. Then you should be able to slowly add more and it will work - apparently it IS possible to overload RawkSD though, as that's what kept happening with me...

inimitable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:
Apparently the RawkSD crew is unwilling to help with anyone not in the beta program and actually banned me from their IRC chatroom. Don't ask them if you're still using 2, they don't care and they won't help.
no man it is realy easy u just gotta secretly beta your wii using master hax after u do that then when u log onto the internet chat all your outright annoying traits are erased and your weird habit of constantly telling ppl in teh chat ur gona pirtae everything and goin behind ther backs tryin 2 use theri closed beta program will disapear and tueidj will be made of love puppies

srsly dude u shud try it

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about I don't and say I did?

You guys basically straight up told me that RawkSD 2 isn't supported anymore. Meaning if you aren't using the beta you want nothing to do with us. And we aren't all that fortunate. At least I try to be kind and help other people that are still using unsupported products, regardless of what the RawkSD chat lurkers do...

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:

You guys basically straight up told me that RawkSD 2 isn't supported anymore. Meaning if you aren't using the beta you want nothing to do with us. And we aren't all that fortunate. At least I try to be kind and help other people that are still using unsupported products, regardless of what the RawkSD chat lurkers do...

No, we straight-up told you that mixing the RawkSD 3 PC app with the RawkSD 2 Wii app wasn't supported, ever. If you aren't going to use the app the way it was designed and insist on inane workarounds, go ahead and ask the people who have done it that way or just wait for the new version. The reason it hasn't been released yet is because it's still buggy so just be patient. Anyone who wanted into the beta had the chance to get in on it, but if you didn't help out with the testing, you didn't get the beta, plain and simple.

...but you didn't want to listen when we told you that before, what are the odds you'll listen now?

QUOTE(drfsupercenter @ Sep 8 2010, 06:33 PM) ... prior to that I used AnyTitleDeleter to remove IOS37 entirely before reinstalling it.
Oh, and this kind of epic fail is another reason nobody wants to help you.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the part where the RawkSD3 beta was open to all users who did a simple task once during a month-long period with several reminders in this very thread, and then the people who were locked out until the release because they didn't do said simple task started complaining about it.

And RawkSD 2 is totally supported, since its users represent the majority of the Rawk userbase at the moment. But you can't expect to be able to demand assistance with hokey workarounds that are untested and considered useless to the devs.

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
drfsupercenter said:
As for how I made it work... I used the DopMii method to reinstall IOS37 and patch it (do NOT run the RawkSD patcher, it doesn't work anymore!)... prior to that I used AnyTitleDeleter to remove IOS37 entirely before reinstalling it.

I found that if you load up your SD card with a ton of songs it will give the error about it being unable to copy to your memory. @LeMoonwalker, I got the same error. If it says it's out of date it means your IOS37 is broken, if not then you should be fine.
Try deleting the /rawksd folder in your SD card, then using the PC software to load only one song on there. Delete your RawkSD save file from your Wii, use the RawkSD loader to repatch it. Try playing that one song. In my case, it worked. It didn't work when I put a ton of songs on but starting with one it did. Then you should be able to slowly add more and it will work - apparently it IS possible to overload RawkSD though, as that's what kept happening with me...
Ok, thanks for your help, I'll try it that way
wink.gif

However the message I'm getting seems to report an error when reading the disc... Not copying to the SD.
But I'll try anyway
smile.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:

I do hate to continue this, but consistenly asking the same questions when you continually receive the same answers, asking for the beta constantly, amongst other things, are reasons for this as well.

QUOTE said:

You were banned, yes, for the above stated reasons. RawkSD 2 is still supported, as said by Szalkow (God of PR), and as qwertymod said, what you were doing isn't supported. It also doesn't help that you consistently wanted to pirate. I won't mince words: Nobody cares about mixing 3.0 or 2.0 within the room.

P.S.: The Dop-Mii advice has been stated numerous times elsewhere by myself and others, so don't count that in your "help". And why you would do this

prior to that I used AnyTitleDeleter to remove IOS37 entirely before reinstalling it.

When you could just overwrite it with Dop-Mii is beyond me.

P.S. 2: this is more just from me and my opinion... don't tell us that we're offtopic, kthx.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
P.S.: The Dop-Mii advice has been stated numerous times elsewhere by myself and others, so don't count that in your "help". And why you would do this When you could just overwrite it with Dop-Mii is beyond me.

Because the first time I DID overwrite it with DopMii and it didn't work. That's why. It may have been unnecessary but it worked... Plus, better safe than sorry, what's wrong with completely removing all traces of IOS37 before reinstalling it?

QUOTE said:
And RawkSD 2 is totally supported, since its users represent the majority of the Rawk userbase at the moment. But you can't expect to be able to demand assistance with hokey workarounds that are untested and considered useless to the devs.
If IOS37 didn't work - then neither RawkSD 2 NOR 3 worked at all. I wasn't the one who said 2 wasn't supported, YOU GUYS were. Don't make me find logs.

QUOTE said:
Nintendo broke RawkSD2. We can fuck around and try to fix it, or we can get RawkSD3 finished. Which would most people prefer?
Why not both? I managed to get it working on my own, using DopMii... Why would it have been that hard to just tell people to do that?

QUOTEYou were banned, yes, for the above stated reasons. RawkSD 2 is still supported, as said by Szalkow (God of PR), and as qwertymod said, what you were doing isn't supported. It also doesn't help that you consistently wanted to pirate. I won't mince words: Nobody cares about mixing 3.0 or 2.0 within the room.
Again, mixing RawkSD 3 and 2 wasn't all I was trying to do. I *HAD* customs that were from RawkSD 2 and they ALSO didn't work. Whether it was Nintendo's fault or not, telling people to wait is not the only solution - as I did manage to get it working perfectly fine without your help.
And why do you all say I consistently wanted to pirate? I haven't talked about pirating anything in quite some time on the IRC channel, for that matter I own RockBand 2, I do use the original disc (Just using my copied one at the moment as I forgot it when moving - we're all human, is that so unheard of?) as well as all the Guitar Hero titles - I do recall you guys telling me about SuperDump when I asked how to rip ISOs of the games... if I was such a pirate why would I have done it that way and not just downloaded them from somewhere? Pirating the DLC was another content but I haven't brought that up in months, you guys are putting words in my mouth.

Also, according to Aaron, using RawkSD 3 software on RawkSD 2 should have worked. While it may not have been "supported" (and mind you, according to Aaron, the only two actual RawkSD staff is him and tueidj), there is no reason why it shouldn't work, meaning that something was still going wrong. And is it too much to ask for people to not be complete jerks about it?

Ok, thanks for your help, I'll try it that way
wink.gif

However the message I'm getting seems to report an error when reading the disc... Not copying to the SD.
But I'll try anyway
smile.gif

No problem! Unlike these guys I actually try to help...
So what was the exact error you got? I have never seen a disc read error, that doesn't even make sense given that the custom DLC is on the SD card and not the disc.
I hate to ask this, but is your disc scratched? It could be possible that it's so damaged that the Wii can't read it. When was the last time RawkSD worked for you? (If it ever did) - before Nintendo's 4.3 update?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going support you guys now but my rock band 2 was stolen so yeah 20 bucks down the fucking tubes plus once rawksd3 comes out i'm going help with you guys on it. and i'm done with rawksd 2 so yeah.. so just everyone who want's it just wait i guess they are trying to prevent bugs and stuff go play some new games like MOM batman and others i can't rember... LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1