Hacking RawkSD

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if rawksd will work on system menu version 4.2? i'm tempeted to buy the game if it does...

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will. Make sure you have IOS249 and the ability to patch IOS37. If you use cIOSCORP, install cIOS37BUGFIX.wad, skip the patcher, and go straight to the installer.
smile.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Do you think you can make it compatible with Lego Rock Band/Band Hero?

I mean "compatible" as in being able to extract songs from those games to play them in RB2, not as in playing RawkSD songs on Lego RB or Band Hero (what for, they don't have any new features that RB2 or GH5 don't have! Besides the lego characters XD)

VAmpForgotten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys.
i dont know if this is RawkSD related but i did the free dlc hack with the Wads and everything was fine but only until recently have my older songs (the ones i actually paid for) stop working. when i try to play them it reads: (name of song) could not be restored to the Wii System Memory.

help?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
Do you think you can make it compatible with Lego Rock Band/Band Hero?

I mean "compatible" as in being able to extract songs from those games to play them in RB2, not as in playing RawkSD songs on Lego RB or Band Hero (what for, they don't have any new features that RB2 or GH5 don't have! Besides the lego characters XD)New games may use a different music or compression format which would have to be decoded. I'm fairly certain AerialX is working on Lego Rock Band... both are planned to be supported at some point in the near future.

QUOTE(VAmpForgotten @ Nov 4 2009, 03:16 PM) hey guys.
i dont know if this is RawkSD related but i did the free dlc hack with the Wads and everything was fine but only until recently have my older songs (the ones i actually paid for) stop working. when i try to play them it reads: (name of song) could not be restored to the Wii System Memory.
This is not related, and RawkSD is not affiliated with DLC piracy. Do a better search for the DLC tools thread and ask there.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish someone would make something like this for the new Band Hero since it uses SDHC. The program should import songs from Guitar Hero 1, 2, 80's (PS2 of course), 3, Aerosmith, World Tour, Metallica, Smash Hits, 5, and Van Halen also Rock Band 1, 2, the Beatles, and Lego.
If you have a 32g SDHC card you could import all songs to one game and have hours of fun.

Could something like this be made or would it be imposible?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GHWT DLC works in GH5- I haven't tried RawkTour to see if it'll work yet though (or even on GH5 DLC.) While I would like it, and it's physically possible... it's not really a huge interest. Even on SH, the world's largest GH hacking area, any interest in customs on GHWT+ have pretty much flatlined with the exception of a few. I'd like it too, but if there's no interest, there's no product. Simple.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I didn't think I'd ever end up using this, but my sister bought RB1 and RB2 recently. She's not very technical, so if I was to set up RawkSD on one SD card, and she swapped that out for another card if she actually buys any DLC, would that work without having to run the installer again after every purchase?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
Okay so I didn't think I'd ever end up using this, but my sister bought RB1 and RB2 recently. She's not very technical, so if I was to set up RawkSD on one SD card, and she swapped that out for another card if she actually buys any DLC, would that work without having to run the installer again after every purchase?
No, sorry, you'll need to run the installer every time you purchase DLC. This is because both the RawkSD installer and the Music Store overwrite the DLC savefile on the Wii itself when adding songs. Of course, RawkSD knows to include all RawkSD songs and DLC, but the Music Store will only save the list of official DLC. Thankfully, the installer isn't very technical - as of RawkSD 2.0 you shouldn't even need to use the computer during the installation process. Just run it from the Homebrew Channel every time you buy or redownload DLC to update the complete list of added songs.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
jhoff80 said:
No, sorry, you'll need to run the installer every time you purchase DLC. This is because both the RawkSD installer and the Music Store overwrite the DLC savefile on the Wii itself when adding songs. Of course, RawkSD knows to include all RawkSD songs and DLC, but the Music Store will only save the list of official DLC. Thankfully, the installer isn't very technical - as of RawkSD 2.0 you shouldn't even need to use the computer during the installation process. Just run it from the Homebrew Channel every time you buy or redownload DLC to update the complete list of added songs.

Yeah, figured that was probably the case. She's pretty dumb about these things, so I might just have her keep them in the separate games.
tongue.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they will probley never EVER give us an answer why BRB is not supported ethier...

BAPACop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
SFenton said:
brento said:
this is great work!
hopefully we'll see one for Beatles Rock Band soon!

Nope. Not happening. Sorry.

Big letters in IRC:

TBRB NOT SUPPORTED
for technical or for ethical reasons?

Well it can't be ethical, since they already have support for the majority of other games. Why is ripping them off TBRB suddenly an ethical dilemma? That would make it technical.

Also, on the Frets on Fire forums, the TBRB charts are floating around anyway, so anyone with RawkSD can have them on RB2 anyway, it justs takes longer than if they ripped them. (If the forums ever go back up, that is.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rolleyes: