OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
fubka said:
OK, exports fine, but they just don't show up in quickplay or practice modes... any suggestions. I am copying from Classic Rock Track Pack if that helps. I do see the RawkSD save game file on my Wii system memory. Delete the RB DLC file?
You're not reading the instructions, are you? Press Install on the Wii installer. It tells you to take the SD card out of the Wii before pressing OK. Do that, put it in the PC, and open the SD card in RawkSD. Choose the Customs -> Update SD Save menu, then take your SD card out and put it back in the Wii. Press OK to finish.

QUOTE(HisshouBuraiKen @ Jul 3 2009, 10:22 PM) GH3, aerosmith and its ilk. Not WT.

I want to test this out but I can't find any goddamned sites. Scorehero just has GH stuff. Where are all the good full-band customs at?
There's basically just http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9342.

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some of the track packs and since the track packs have released DLC on them, can I play using the imported version from the track pack with people who bought the DLC in the music store?

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
fubka said:
OK, exports fine, but they just don't show up in quickplay or practice modes... any suggestions. I am copying from Classic Rock Track Pack if that helps. I do see the RawkSD save game file on my Wii system memory. Delete the RB DLC file?
You're not reading the instructions, are you? Press Install on the Wii installer. It tells you to take the SD card out of the Wii before pressing OK. Do that, put it in the PC, and open the SD card in RawkSD. Choose the Customs -> Update SD Save menu, then take your SD card out and put it back in the Wii. Press OK to finish.
Even when I try that, RawkSD PC still tells me that the card has not been prepared by RawkSD Wii...

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
DarkChili said:
I have some of the track packs and since the track packs have released DLC on them, can I play using the imported version from the track pack with people who bought the DLC in the music store?
Nope. They're slightly different than the music store songs.

fubka said:
AerialX said:
QUOTE(fubka @ Jul 3 2009, 10:11 PM) OK, exports fine, but they just don't show up in quickplay or practice modes... any suggestions. I am copying from Classic Rock Track Pack if that helps. I do see the RawkSD save game file on my Wii system memory. Delete the RB DLC file?
Even when I try that, RawkSD PC still tells me that the card has not been prepared by RawkSD Wii...
Well, for one thing, that's how it has to be done. Basically, you have to do installations in between the OK - Cancel menu, or at least Customs -> Update SD Save. If it's really not working, then there might be a problem. In-between the OK - Cancel menu, there should be a file /rawk/rb2/data on the SD card. Is it there?

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to play a guitar hero 3 custom song on rock band 2. It freezes on me during the load screen in quickplay or practice. Everything worked fine up till then, I was even able to hear the preview of the song. Any reason as to why it would crash?

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
Well, for one thing, that's how it has to be done. Basically, you have to do installations in between the OK - Cancel menu, or at least Customs -> Update SD Save. If it's really not working, then there might be a problem. In-between the OK - Cancel menu, there should be a file /rawk/rb2/data on the SD card. Is it there?
Got it working, I was using a folder as the SD card to speed up the process, but forgetting to first copy over the prepared save file that that RawkSD Wii does before the PC inport, stupid me.

Do you guys put the gray "highway" as a signature, or just a consequence of custom DLC

Now for some GHWT imports, MJ - Beat It belongs on Rock Band

Posts merged

QUOTE(honeypa @ Jul 3 2009, 11:09 PM) When I try to play a guitar hero 3 custom song on rock band 2. It freezes on me during the load screen in quickplay or practice. Everything worked fine up till then, I was even able to hear the preview of the song. Any reason as to why it would crash?
Do the blank drum track option?

doctorfaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks for all of your hard work, I know we have all been eagerly anticipating this for quite some time.

A question not related to ripping discs for once: I'm trying to put my own custom song in. I put in the chart/audio info into RawdSD, then when I tell it to start it takes a few minutes saying "Re-encoding Audio", then the progress bar fills all the way, it says something about " Preparing track"... and crashes to desktop. Does this mean there's something wrong with my .mid chart?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
honeypa said:
When I try to play a guitar hero 3 custom song on rock band 2. It freezes on me during the load screen in quickplay or practice. Everything worked fine up till then, I was even able to hear the preview of the song. Any reason as to why it would crash?
It might be the chart. Did you rip it from a custom GH3 disc, or did you just get the chart/mid? Customs seem to be iffy right now, some work, some don't. You can send me the chart and I'll look into it.

fubka said:
Got it working, I was using a folder as the SD card to speed up the process, but forgetting to first copy over the prepared save file that that RawkSD Wii does before the PC inport, stupid me.

Do you guys put the gray "highway" as a signature, or just a consequence of custom DLC

Now for some GHWT imports, MJ - Beat It belongs on Rock Band
Redownload it, I updated the build and now it goes way faster straight to SD.

The "highway" is just my way of putting a specific delay in hundredths of seconds at the beginning of a chart. The tempo at that point is around 24000 BPM
tongue.gif

HisshouBuraiKen said:
Wait, so you CAN import from WT to RB2? Explain yourself!
No, you can't. Though there are some (primitive and hacky) methods of ripping GHWT charts out there.

QUOTE(doctorfaust @ Jul 3 2009, 11:55 PM)
First off, thanks for all of your hard work, I know we have all been eagerly anticipating this for quite some time.

A question not related to ripping discs for once: I'm trying to put my own custom song in. I put in the chart/audio info into RawdSD, then when I tell it to start it takes a few minutes saying "Re-encoding Audio", then the progress bar fills all the way, it says something about " Preparing track"... and crashes to desktop. Does this mean there's something wrong with my .mid chart?
Send me the chart and I'll see why this is happening. You might want to try redownloading RawkSD though; I recently updated it to work with a problem MIDI, and that might be the same problem you're having.

doctorfaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I redownloaded it to no avail. I sent you a PM about the chart. Although, for some reason sometimes when I try it the program crashes right away (when it's still reading "Preparing files" or along those lines) and other times it crashes at the end as I mentioned... so I'm at a loss as to where the actual error is.

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
The "highway" is just my way of putting a specific delay in hundredths of seconds at the beginning of a chart. The tempo at that point is around 24000 BPM
tongue.gif
pretty pretty clever
lecture.gif

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
honeypa said:
It might be the chart. Did you rip it from a custom GH3 disc, or did you just get the chart/mid? Customs seem to be iffy right now, some work, some don't. You can send me the chart and I'll look into it.

It was a rip from a custom GH3 Disc

sm32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to say that i kept checking back in the other thread every single day waiting for a release...i'm really psyched that this is finally out and i can't thank you guys enough for this!! i'm on vacation now but i can't wait until i get home to try it
smile.gif
not enough thanks can do justice
smile.gif

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
christ, i have to get a 4gb card now...

how long to do think it will take for the next system update to disable the rawksd save file?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
doctorfaust said:
I redownloaded it to no avail. I sent you a PM about the chart. Although, for some reason sometimes when I try it the program crashes right away (when it's still reading "Preparing files" or along those lines) and other times it crashes at the end as I mentioned... so I'm at a loss as to where the actual error is.
It's a slightly corrupt / invalid midi. I just uploaded a new build with the fix in (redownload), hopefully it doesn't randomly make other midis invalid/crash.

doctorfaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
doctorfaust said:
It's a slightly corrupt / invalid midi. I just uploaded a new build with the fix in (redownload), hopefully it doesn't randomly make other midis invalid/crash.

Thanks for the extremely quick response. For some reason I kept getting crashes as soon as I started (when it still said Preparing Files...) but after wiping stuff clean I finally got it to process and install properly. Unfortunately it froze on load, so it looks like I'm going to have to dig through the chart to figure out why... thanks again.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
doctorfaust said:
AerialX said:
doctorfaust said:

Thanks for the extremely quick response. For some reason I kept getting crashes as soon as I started (when it still said Preparing Files...) but after wiping stuff clean I finally got it to process and install properly. Unfortunately it froze on load, so it looks like I'm going to have to dig through the chart to figure out why... thanks again.
A lot of customs seem to be doing that... I'm just going to have to spend tomorrow investigating why (I wasted a lot of today playing RB1 songs online with people
biggrin.gif
).
Does it crash in practice mode too? If a custom crashes, try replacing it without using the "Fix for Quickplay" option. It won't work in quickplay, but if it then works in practice unfixed, but doesn't work in practice when RawkSD has fixed it, it's my fault for screwing something in the midi up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle