Hacking RawkSD

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roshamboya said:
SFenton said:
Anyone with PlayStation instruments lying around get on your knees and worship tueidj because apparantly he has enabled the ability to use them on Wii Rock Band 2.

This program gets stranger every day.
tongue.gif

Is this truth or a funny joke? I never thought it would be possible to use the old PS2 instruments on the Wii...If that's the case WHOO HOO!!! No need to sell my old RB1 fender guitar! Let's hope this is actual!

Still not as impressive as the waffles...

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid to announce that the waffle maker had to be canned to to Aaron's increasing intolerance of Bisquick and tueidj's increasing intolerance of... everything.

Wal-Mart will let you return the syrup with a receipt.

frown.gif

roshamboya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmmmm.....waffles.......

for some reason I forget what we were talking about...
laugh.gif

SFenton said:
I'm afraid to announce that the waffle maker had to be canned to to Aaron's increasing intolerance of Bisquick and tueidj's increasing intolerance of... everything.

Wal-Mart will let you return the syrup with a receipt.

frown.gif

heavyd2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using RawkSD for months now with a lot of success. Now that I have Windows7 installed on my laptop I can't seem to import any tracks from any of the RB1 discs. All of the GH series discs import without any issues, but the RB1 all freeze immediately (1st song) - any suggestions on how to deal with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

heavyd2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
Run as Admin. It's a bug that's fixed in 3.0.

Thanks for the quick reply SFenton. I found this on another site and it worked for me:

In Win7, Change the settings for RawkSD to "Windows XP, Service Pack 2" and run as Administrator. (Find this by right clicking on "RawkSD" program and going into "Properties".

No further issues under Windows 7!!

Any word on a possible v.30 release date?

Thanks again.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a question about the current version of RawkSD... when I install my songs using the Wii installer, does my save get affected in any way? Or only the DLC file is modified?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heavyd2007 said:
SFenton said:

Not yet. They're still adding crazy new features. And I'm trying to do GHWT lipsync files so that the singer actually does something practical when you play songs from that game.

Am0s said:
SFenton said:
OK, that's for Guitar Hero 2 for PS2. Are you sure that's what you want?
d'oh how did I miss that I so badly wanna make a floyd GH

OK, well then read up some guides there. Remember, just because it says it's idiot-proof doesn't mean it is.

QUOTE(davidsl_128 @ Dec 29 2009, 05:45 AM)
I have a question about the current version of RawkSD... when I install my songs using the Wii installer, does my save get affected in any way? Or only the DLC file is modified?

Don't quote me on it but I believe it's just the DLC file. If you're that worried, use the backup save to SD Card option found in the installer.

Oh, hey, I multi-quoted! Nao I'm as cool as Szalkow.
biggrin.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Ah so that's what the saves option in RawkSD is for
smile.gif
So if I ever get one of those "save corrupted" things, I can just restore a Rock Band save I had instead of restoring my entire NAND with BootMii? That'd be nice! Cuz if I'm playing when it happens it's ok because I know how to fix it, but if my brother or someone else is playing and it happens then I'm screwed lol

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
Ah so that's what the saves option in RawkSD is for
smile.gif
So if I ever get one of those "save corrupted" things, I can just restore a Rock Band save I had instead of restoring my entire NAND with BootMii? That'd be nice! Cuz if I'm playing when it happens it's ok because I know how to fix it, but if my brother or someone else is playing and it happens then I'm screwed lol

Correct.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... I was able to import RB1 songs when I'm using Windows 7. I didn't have to do anything to make it compatible.

Any idea when 3.0 would be released, like an estimated date? I was thinking of getting an SDHC card, I want to get it before 3.0 comes out, but I don't want to get it and keep it for weeks or months and have no reason to use it.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
heavyd2007 said:
SFenton said:
Not yet. They're still adding crazy new features. And I'm trying to do GHWT lipsync files so that the singer actually does something practical when you play songs from that game.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
SFenton said:
heavyd2007 said:
SFenton said:
- 1 cool points... szalkow would never quote himself, far too masturbatory.

lvholanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, some drums customs aren't working here, just when i'm going to play drums! And I checked the last audio and Add Empty Drum Track, but still crashing when I went to the song, and the custom has drum notes, what's the problem? .-.

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
lvholanda said:
Man, some drums customs aren't working here, just when i'm going to play drums! And I checked the last audio and Add Empty Drum Track, but still crashing when I went to the song, and the custom has drum notes, what's the problem? .-.
I got it to work by manually adding an empty track using Audacity, instead of the funciton in RawkSD.

LaoED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I tick anyone off for not reading the entire thread. but, I'd really like to get this question answered before I waste money on a USB external Hard Drive and the RockBand 2 bundle.

....Can you use the HDD as storage like an SD card for customs on the current version?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LaoED said:
Sorry if I tick anyone off for not reading the entire thread. but, I'd really like to get this question answered before I waste money on a USB external Hard Drive and the RockBand 2 bundle.

....Can you use the HDD as storage like an SD card for customs on the current version?
You (and I) are going to have to wait for an update to maybe address this...

LaoED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
LaoED said:

You (and I) are going to have to wait for an update to maybe address this...

Ah, a bummer then. Lol, The confirmation is complete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?