United States

Mega Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The RawkSD 3.0 private beta is open to all who had tested the RawkSD leaderboards. Your username must be in this list to be able to participate in the beta.

does this mean I can't use it?
frown.gif

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
gonna re-pull this old topic... so sad that this has not yet been released... nearing the end of the year now with no sign of rawk 3 in sight... :(

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHA.. I knew this wouldn't be released before Rockband 3 ... I predicted this long time ago... I love being right hahahaha

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ozzy1980 said:
HAHAHA.. I knew this wouldn't be released before Rockband 3 ... I predicted this long time ago... I love being right hahahaha
even when your prediction is completely arbitrary and irrelevant?

post back when youre done importing all your previous gh and rb discs and running them off your hard drive in rock band 3.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember about a year ago I made a joke about how the then not announced Rock Band 3 would be released before RawkSD 3.
Oh well. They still have 9 hours.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that the beta needs work.

The beta Rawk3 that we got to test was indeed a miracle of Wii hacking achievement - the idea of being able to stream thousands of songs from a computer via wireless seemed ludicrous until I tried it and it worked extremely well. That being said, there were a lot of bugs left to fix.

The Wii app runs great, but the SD and USB device compatibility isn't perfect yet. The computer app, while a major step up from the Rawk2 program in terms of interface and usability, is rife with little bugs.

Additionally, because of Riivolution hax and the potentially large song list the system must keep track of, "Rawk Band 2" consumes a lot of the Wii's running memory, making the crashes that plague Rock Band 2 Wii far more prevalent, and with the slightly-longer (perhaps 10-30 seconds) time from powering on the Wii to playing songs this means a lot of downtime. Playing songs via Rawk3 was pretty awesome, but random crashes and (depending on storage format) occasional gameplay judders made party play - both local and online - somewhat tiresome.

I'm not a dev so I can't speak for how many of these issues are fixable or planning to be fixed. I just bring it up because the amount of work justifies the time it's taking.

Rock Band 3 should tide you kids over for a bit anyway.

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Maurice10 said:
I remember about a year ago I made a joke about how the then not announced Rock Band 3 would be released before RawkSD 3.
Oh well. They still have 9 hours.

Well, RB3 [Pal] is officially out.
In the meantime, use Rawksd for what it is good for - ripping songs from other games to be played with Rock Band

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yeah hate to ask about this but where does rawksd's importing stand now since you can pay money to harmonix to import your things to rock band 3

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
yeah hate to ask about this but where does rawksd's importing stand now since you can pay money to harmonix to import your things to rock band 3

RB3's release won't have any impact on anything RawkSD is doing. RawkSD is for RB2, not RB3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm gonna invent something that fits in your pocket but can text and make phone calls!!!