Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hulk691 said:
@Waffleman,

I do not have that much custom, so I couldn't test it out. But running RawkSD installer with SDHC and USB cannot work.

Maybe you can update the save by batch. With the 000.bin always present and the rest of the bin files in batches. It should work - cause if you notice, after you play one custom and you remove that custom, the scores for that custom still shows up if you re - install it.
What do you mean update by batch? I know you mean use a .bat file, but what would I need to put in that .bat file?

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Waffleman said:
hulk691 said:
@Waffleman,

I do not have that much custom, so I couldn't test it out. But running RawkSD installer with SDHC and USB cannot work.

Maybe you can update the save by batch. With the 000.bin always present and the rest of the bin files in batches. It should work - cause if you notice, after you play one custom and you remove that custom, the scores for that custom still shows up if you re - install it.
What do you mean update by batch? I know you mean use a .bat file, but what would I need to put in that .bat file?

What i mean is :-
On the first run,
Rawk folder have all the files.
Private folder have - 000.bin, 001.bin to 099.bin (example only)
On 2nd run,
Private folder have - 000.bin, 100.bin to 199.bin (example only)

But your idea of only having the Rawk folder and maybe a empty Private folder might work. I will test this method when I grt home tonite.

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hulk691 you are my hero!

1. Copy your save folder (title0010000\535a4145\data) from your emulated nand and through some method (FSTools, Waninkoko etc.) replace the internal NAND save with yours.

1a. Update the rockbnd2.dat with the latest DLC (download new song from store)

2. Put RawkSD2 on an SD card, along with your rawk folder (with all customs), and put your private folder there too, BUT ONLY PUT 000.BIN ON. You can leave all the other files, so you don't need to repeat the process for all your songs

3. Run RawkSD2 and choose install customs, exit.

4. Using some method (FSTools, Waninkoko etc.) extract the rockbnd2.dat file from your internal NAND

5. Put this rockbnd2.dat file in the relevant place in your emulated nand.

6. Enjoy.

Edit: It seems that this has wiped my save - no high scores, so be warned. Though I'm sure if someone wants to tweak the method somewhat there'll be a way to preserve them (personally I don't care)

Edit2: Fixed the save issue as per hulk691's suggestion.

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@maddav,

That's because you didn't copy your save files into the Wii's nand. Since you have been playing with the emulated nand, your last scores was saved in the emulated nand not your Wii's nand.
If you had install the save from your emulated nand to your Wii's nand and "install custom", then I'll sure your score will have been preserved.

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hulk691 said:
@maddav,

That's because you didn't copy your save files into the Wii's nand. Since you have been playing with the emulated nand, your last scores was saved in the emulated nand not your Wii's nand.
If you had install the save from your emulated nand to your Wii's nand and "install custom", then I'll sure your score will have been preserved.

Ah of course, did that before when updating rockbnd2.dat, but I guess I was in such a rush to test out your suggestion I forgot to copy it over! I'll amend my steps in my last post to reflect this.

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hulk691 said:
Waffleman said:
hulk691 said:
@Waffleman,

What i mean is :-
On the first run,
Private folder have - 000.bin, 001.bin to 099.bin (example only)
On 2nd run,
Private folder have - 000.bin, 100.bin to 199.bin (example only)

But your idea of only having the Rawk folder and maybe a empty Private folder might work. I will test this method when I grt home tonite.
Thank you for taking the time! I won't have time until sunday, and even then I won't have much. Get back to me ASAP, thanks again!

choizmeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maddav said:
hulk691 you are my hero!

2. Put RawkSD2 on an SD card, along with your rawk folder (with all customs), and put your private folder there too, BUT ONLY PUT 000.BIN ON. You can leave all the other files, so you don't need to repeat the process for all your songs

hey hulk691, I have all possible cutsoms that were released on disc (GH series/RB track packs/series) roughly around 550+ tracks on my emulated NAND together with all DLCs. How can I achieve this process if I cannot fit all customs on a 2gb SD card?

Thanks for the help man...

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
maddav said:
hulk691 you are my hero!

1. Copy your save folder (title0010000\535a4145\data) from your emulated nand and through some method (FSTools, Waninkoko etc.) replace the internal NAND save with yours.

1a. Update the rockbnd2.dat with the latest DLC (download new song from store)

3. Run RawkSD2 and choose install customs, exit.

4. Using some method (FSTools, Waninkoko etc.) extract the rockbnd2.dat file from your internal NAND

5. Put this rockbnd2.dat file in the relevant place in your emulated nand.

6. Enjoy.

Edit: It seems that this has wiped my save - no high scores, so be warned. Though I'm sure if someone wants to tweak the method somewhat there'll be a way to preserve them (personally I don't care)

Edit2: Fixed the save issue as per hulk691's suggestion.

Work great, thank, you can quiclky make the 4 & 5, use uloader, there is an option to copy the wii save to the emulated nand, one click ang go !

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@choizmeatz,

That's a lot of custom. As per the requirement, I'm sure your custom are broken down into folders of 255 songs max. Namely sZXE, and so on .........
Install them folder by folder. I think that as long as you didn't d\l new songs from the music store and reset the save files, no matter how many times you install new customs all previously installed custom are still detected.

Hope you can get it working as I don't have that much custom to test out this theory.

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. This is strange. Whenever I try to load RB2 without NAND emulation to update the save(This is after I installed the USB NAND's save which works fine on Uloader) it hangs at the updating add on content list screen

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Waffleman said:
Hmm.. This is strange. Whenever I try to load RB2 without NAND emulation to update the save(This is after I installed the USB NAND's save which works fine on Uloader) it hangs at the updating add on content list screen

What are using to load up RB2? You should use either the disc if you have it or usbloader gx with IOS223

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reinstalled the save and it worked fine that time.... But now I get an error when I try to use your method of installing customs(Post 183 I believe) RawkSD says an error occurred while installing customs

Edit: Fixed. I had to re-run the RawkSD Patcher
tongue.gif
Just waiting for the game to load to test this out!

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has someone achieved that it works in PAL?? Can someone raise the instructions and tools in pal (rawk3 edited hex)?
The initials of my game are sZAP when I load for uLoader
In pal it calls 735a5850.tik
My folder is title/00010000/535a4150/data

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I am totally confused with the instructions... but I have several questions to ask:
1. Can I use songs that have been exported before hex editing the rawksd.conf file? I have 310 songs from various Guitar Hero's that I want to use and I don't want to export everything again...
QUOTE said:
3. Prepare a SD card with RawkSD/RawkSD 3 beta on your Wii.
What files are supposed to be here? The Rawk folders that are supposed to be in the 'app' folder in the root of USB/SD?
QUOTE said:
4. Copy the content of the SD card to a folder in your pc. I will call it SDPC later on.
What content of the SD card? I'm sort of confused as to what to copy here..
9. Click Customs->Update SD Save. You can close RawkSD now.
Where is the save located? Is it the save extracted via uLoader?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really confused here atm.

pascl78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, i got this tiny lil' problem that's bugging me.
I followed the guide to install all my DLC + customs
and guess what everything worked perfectly...

Except for the fact that i can't use my drums or my guitar
(Rock Band 1 version).

So any advice would help.

My Wii is 4.2U
Softmodded.
Using Uloader 5.1.d
Installed cIOS 222 in IOS 38.

I'm desperate, I never thought I could install those songs
but I did, and it's just great, I got close to 1500 songs,
and I can only sing them (not that I don't like it...
ohmy.gif
)

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch