Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:
Waffleman said:
Hey guys, great thread. Almost everything is working like a charm. I'm having an issue with LEGO Rock Band imports. Yes, the ones that don't show up, don't show up, but that is not my concern. Every time I try to play a song one of two things happens; I scroll over the song in song select, try to listen to the preview, game locks up. Or, I scroll over a song, preview plays, so I select the song, and get an error message. No, it's not an out of date message. It's somewhere along the lines of "The content cannot be found. The content is required to continue. Your game session will be restarted." Help?

have you tried more than once with the decryption, updating save etc? When you decrypt the songs they go from being 001.bin 002.bin to 0000001.app and 0000002.app and when you update the save it references those specific numbers. Now these numbers are not always the same. For instance if you were to decrypt a couple of songs, and then later on decrypt those songs again as part of a large batch, they might not be 001 and 002 anymore, but the save file will still think they are which is what causes these errors.

Updating the save file will not fix this as it does not change the reference numbers for songs that are already in it. I had this problem and the only way to fix it is to use a save file from before you used RawkSD and re-update that again, but only after making sure all the songs have the correct reference numbers. You can see in the "data" file in rawksd\rb2\customs\songtitle for each song what it's reference number is if you open it in a hex editor, but it's probably quicker to just delete all the songs you've decrypted, including the rawksd data folders and re-rip them from the disc.
So, what your saying is redo the entire process, and if that doesn't work re-rip the songs? Thats what I was actually planning on doing any way. Going to try this right now, will get back to you with results. Thanks for the help!

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Waffleman said:
marcd2009 said:
Waffleman said:
Hey guys, great thread. Almost everything is working like a charm. I'm having an issue with LEGO Rock Band imports. Yes, the ones that don't show up, don't show up, but that is not my concern. Every time I try to play a song one of two things happens; I scroll over the song in song select, try to listen to the preview, game locks up. Or, I scroll over a song, preview plays, so I select the song, and get an error message. No, it's not an out of date message. It's somewhere along the lines of "The content cannot be found. The content is required to continue. Your game session will be restarted." Help?

have you tried more than once with the decryption, updating save etc? When you decrypt the songs they go from being 001.bin 002.bin to 0000001.app and 0000002.app and when you update the save it references those specific numbers. Now these numbers are not always the same. For instance if you were to decrypt a couple of songs, and then later on decrypt those songs again as part of a large batch, they might not be 001 and 002 anymore, but the save file will still think they are which is what causes these errors.

Updating the save file will not fix this as it does not change the reference numbers for songs that are already in it. I had this problem and the only way to fix it is to use a save file from before you used RawkSD and re-update that again, but only after making sure all the songs have the correct reference numbers. You can see in the "data" file in rawksd\rb2\customs\songtitle for each song what it's reference number is if you open it in a hex editor, but it's probably quicker to just delete all the songs you've decrypted, including the rawksd data folders and re-rip them from the disc.
So, what your saying is redo the entire process, and if that doesn't work re-rip the songs? Thats what I was actually planning on doing any way. Going to try this right now, will get back to you with results. Thanks for the help!

yeah but the most important part is you need a clean save, ie one you've not used RawkSD to update yet, otherwise you'll have all those incorrect references in there and RawkSD won't overwrite them and you'll still get the crashes.

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:
Waffleman said:
marcd2009 said:
Waffleman said:

yeah but the most important part is you need a clean save, ie one you've not used RawkSD to update yet, otherwise you'll have all those incorrect references in there and RawkSD won't overwrite them and you'll still get the crashes.
How'm I supposed to get a clean save? The one on my NAND has been used with Rawk, and now so has this one. Do I go to the music store and download a song? Since when Rawk customs are loaded from an SD and a legit song is downloaded they disappear?

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Waffleman said:
marcd2009 said:
Waffleman said:
marcd2009 said:
Waffleman said:

How'm I supposed to get a clean save? The one on my NAND has been used with Rawk, and now so has this one. Do I go to the music store and download a song? Since when Rawk customs are loaded from an SD and a legit song is downloaded they disappear?

that might do it, failing that you could just delete your save altogether then load RB2 and it'll create a new one for you, but you'd lose your career progress. I made a backup of mine before i started playing with RawkSD so i just restore that if i need a blank slate
smile.gif

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks, gonna go try that now, I just got platinum on guitar not too long ago so theres no way I'm restarting now. Especially after I beat 82 songs and my game crashed on me XD

Grinto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a bit of an odd issue here. How do you use the importing feature of the RawkSD 3 beta? I've got all my RawkSD 2 songs up and running but I can't import from Lego Rock Band, etc.

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Grinto said:
I've got a bit of an odd issue here. How do you use the importing feature of the RawkSD 3 beta? I've got all my RawkSD 2 songs up and running but I can't import from Lego Rock Band, etc.

in RawkSD 3 goto File > open SD card and browse to your SD card folder on the pc
then go to File > Open and choose the ISO file of your game. If it's still on disc then use software like imgburn to copy the dvd to an ISO file
then right click on the song(s) and select save to SD

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
granberro said:
Hi guys,
Here is the tmd trimmer for those interested in. Source code can be found here.

For every folder containing DLC make a backup of title.tmd and run the program there. It improves loading time just for DLC and in a inversely proportional manner (the less DLC you have the better the improvement).

Enjoy,

graNBerro

Ho-lee shit. Just ran this exe on each of my DLC tmds (tried compiling it myself earlier, but couldn't get round some errors in xcode) and have just reduced my loading times from:

Without trimmed tmds

Drummer Loading screen - 1:43
In between bits - 0:24
Loading DLC - 3:14

Total - 5:21

to

With trimmed tmds

Drummer - 0:34
In Between - 0:24
Loading DLC - 0:57

Total - 1:55

Admittedly I only have 85 RB2 DLC songs and 167 RawkSD imports, but still, this is a massive improvement, no more playing GH5 to save some time!!

Thanks!

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:
that might do it, failing that you could just delete your save altogether then load RB2 and it'll create a new one for you, but you'd lose your career progress. I made a backup of mine before i started playing with RawkSD so i just restore that if i need a blank slate
smile.gif
It worked now, I just downloaded one of the new Disturbed songs, and redid this process, and everything loads nicely, and I'm yet to get another crash
smile.gif

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Waffleman said:
marcd2009 said:
smile.gif
It worked now, I just downloaded one of the new Disturbed songs, and redid this process, and everything loads nicely, and I'm yet to get another crash
smile.gif

sweet
smile.gif
make a backup of your rockbnd2.dat, and your .app & ticket files now then, just incase anything goes wrong later you can just dump the whole lot back to your emulated nand in one go

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off this is a rockin' thread. But, I am having a bit of trouble getting it to work.
I do or atleast I think I do everything the guide says, and I get "Save File corrupted. Would you like to make a new Save?"
and Something about Unable to Load DLC.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Thanks in advance.

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Binxy said:
First off this is a rockin' thread. But, I am having a bit of trouble getting it to work.
I do or atleast I think I do everything the guide says, and I get "Save File corrupted. Would you like to make a new Save?"
and Something about Unable to Load DLC.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Thanks in advance.

Did you:

- Move the rockbnd2.dat file from your nand, rename it as "data" (remember, not data.dat, you need to change the extension to none)
- replace the "data" file currently in SDPC\rawk\rb2 with your renamed rockbnd2.dat and choose to update SD save in RawkSD 2
- move "data" back to your nand and rename it back to rockbnd2.dat

these are the only steps I can see the save file getting corrupted, so make sure they're ok.

Nazar78

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
marcd2009 said:
ok, i just needed a good night's sleep to get my head around the RawkSD incompatibility problems. I have found out how to get the missing songs to appear in RawkSD 2 now, which in turn will allow them to be added to your RB2 save game, so for anyone missing songs (affected songs are listed at the bottom of the post), go into the SDPC\rawk\rb2\customs\songtitle folder and open the data file in a hex editor

scroll down to the bottom and look for a section like this:

83AXC.gif

This tuning offset part stops it from being listed in RawkSD 2 so you need to remove it (i do not know how this will affect the song, but most songs do not have it) you must make sure you remove from the 05 before "tuning_offset" to just before the 05 before "context"

DON'T edit the SDPC\rawk\rb2\customs data file which has all the individual data files combined in it, as this is the one RawkSD 3 uses and if you edit those songs then they will disappear from RawkSD 3 the next time you load it

Affected Songs (list will be updated as i import more songs)

AC/DC Rock Band: None
Rock Band 1: Black Hole Sun, Don't Look Back In Anger, Nightmare & Roam
Green Day Rock Band: Basket Case, Brain Stew/Jaded, Burnout, F.O.D, Having A Blast, Nice Guys Finish Last, Sassafras Roots & Warning
Lego Rock Band: Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, Ride A White Swan, Two Princes & We Will Rock You

Hi marcd2009,

I did this and yes all the songs appeared in RawkSD 2 list but I have a problem.

After removing "tuning_offset" from all the affected songs in the sd->custom->songtitle folders, did the RawkSD 2 update SD save, I noticed that the file "\rawk\rb2\data" aka rockbnd2.dat got abit larger? Renaming that "data" file to rockbnd2.dat and placed back in the nand, the game prompted a corrupted save asking to continue w/o save or create a new save.

The I quickly tried using a previous backup copy of rockbnd2.dat (updated SD save with "tuning_offset" not removed), the missing songs won't show up in the game either.

Did you manage to show all the missing songs in the game's song list with "tuning_offset" removed?

choizmeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happened to me. What I did was, I downloaded one of the new DLCs in the music store (Disturbed) to my Original NAND then extracted the save game file via savegame manager. Copied the rockbnd2.dat to sdpc:\rawk\rb2, renamed it to 'data', opened Rawksd3, pointed to my SDPC path (just to check if the missing songs with "tuning_offset" removed are already there), opened Rawksd2, update save, copied 'data', pasted it to emunand:\\nand\title0010000\535a4145 renamed as rockbnd2.dat

that's it! I got almost 1,700 songs load time is 14 mins. from drummer to quickplay screen.

choizmeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that everytime I tried playing BAND QUICKPLAY with the combination of DLCs and customs/rips (from RAWKSD), when I press RED/BACK button, the game always freezes. Anyone here got the remedy forn this?

Thanks a bunch!

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nazar78 said:
Hi marcd2009,

I did this and yes all the songs appeared in RawkSD 2 list but I have a problem.

After removing "tuning_offset" from all the affected songs in the sd->custom->songtitle folders, did the RawkSD 2 update SD save, I noticed that the file "\rawk\rb2\data" aka rockbnd2.dat got abit larger? Renaming that "data" file to rockbnd2.dat and placed back in the nand, the game prompted a corrupted save asking to continue w/o save or create a new save.

The I quickly tried using a previous backup copy of rockbnd2.dat (updated SD save with "tuning_offset" not removed), the missing songs won't show up in the game either.

Did you manage to show all the missing songs in the game's song list with "tuning_offset" removed?

i've had no such issues i'm afraid. I've successfully added all the songs from Guitar Hero 5, Smash Hits, World Tour, Band Hero as well as Green Day Rock Band, Rock Band 1, Lego Rock Band and AC/DC Track Pack and updated the save after each one, and not once has the save game changed in size from 7mb. I'm using version 2.02, are you?

Grinto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having another, more technical, issue here. I can get the RawkSD customs to load, but only the sZXE batch. It seems the tmd file is about 16k larger in sZXE vs sZYE or sZZE.

tbolado

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got another question

"Prepare a SD card with RawkSD/RawkSD 3 beta on your Wii."

in that step, im confused. RawkSD are two programs. One, installs a custom IOS37, the other, Installs Rawk Customs...
my question is... HOW i prepare a SD card ON THE WII?

(and, i apologize for my faulty english XP)

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tbolado said:
I've got another question

"Prepare a SD card with RawkSD/RawkSD 3 beta on your Wii."

in that step, im confused. RawkSD are two programs. One, installs a custom IOS37, the other, Installs Rawk Customs...
my question is... HOW i prepare a SD card ON THE WII?

(and, i apologize for my faulty english XP)

when you run the homebrew app on your wii, not only does it create the ticket you need (which i have also uploaded a few posts back), it also puts a "rawk" folder on your sd card with subfolder "rb2" and "rb2\customs" though there's nothing in them so i wouldn't worry about it. Just make the folders manually inside the sd folder you created on your pc and you'll be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol