Hacking RawkSD customs working on ULoader

esp2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same problem. What I did was I used RockSD to copy one custom over and then insatlled the one file onto the Wii through the RockSD installer. The ticket was created at that time.

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vexing said:
hmmmmm... since it takes 10 minutes with about any dlc, and still 10ish minute with all rawksd imports, i wonder how long it'd take with the official dlc tmds removed and just rawksd ones installed. ie are the rawk ones more efficient?
Rawk tmds are "optimized" because they have as many entries as songs you have installed. Official DLC tmds have a entry for every song despite you have installed it or not. The load time is fixed. With my tmd trimmed loaded time is adjusted to the real number of songs you have on your usb device.

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
esp2000 said:
I was having the same problem. What I did was I used RockSD to copy one custom over and then insatlled the one file onto the Wii through the RockSD installer. The ticket was created at that time.
I tried installing one custom on my wii and it seemed to work...No error
So I did a full dump of my nand with Simple FS Dumper 0.42, but no 63524241.tik
Only .tik I found were:
"F:\ticket0010005\73584145.tik"
"F:\ticket0010005\735a4145.tik"
"F:\ticket0010005\735a4245.tik"
"F:\ticket0010005\735a4345.tik"
"F:\ticket0010005\735a4445.tik"
"F:\ticket0010005\735a4545.tik"
"F:\ticket0010005\73594f45.tik"
"F:\ticket0010005\73584545.tik"
"F:\ticket0010005\73584745.tik"

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BobZhome said:
Same with me...all fail
I even installed the rawksdpatcher

Anyone have any ideas on get rawksd installed on wii to get the 63524241.tik file?

not sure which one created it, but i ran the RawkSD 3 beta on my wii, it downgraded my ios 37 (fantastic
rolleyes.gif
) and then told me to GTFO lol
so then i ran the RawkSD 2.02 release on there instead, it loaded up, but all the buttons failed when i clicked them

but it did create the ticket.

could someone tell me if the ticket is generic or specific to my wii? If it's generic i'll just upload my ticket to save these guys the hassle

ps - if you have wifi you should install FTPii as it's much handier than having to dump your nand all the time. You can open up an FTP site and access the nand, sd card and usb drive all from your computer over your lan.

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
marcd2009, thank you so much.

I only just got a guitar to test out all the Hex editing and stuff I'd been doing, all my DLC showed up first time, but my test RawkSD song (Blackhole Sun) didn't, thanks for the fix, it all works A-ok now!

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maddav said:
marcd2009, thank you so much.

I only just got a guitar to test out all the Hex editing and stuff I'd been doing, all my DLC showed up first time, but my test RawkSD song (Blackhole Sun) didn't, thanks for the fix, it all works A-ok now!

@maddav - Glad to help
smile.gif

@BobZHome - i've uploaded my tik file for you here: http://www.mediafire.com/?pj7s88jrd8o9ssf
It's already been hex edited. I checked the file for a console id but it's just all zeroes so it doesn't look like RawkSD uses it, so this file should work for you.

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks marcd2009, for sharing the file!
I'll try it out.

I tried like you said 1)rawk3b2 -got message close beta 2) rawk2.03 -error messages back.
So I the redid rawkpatch then rawk2.03 and got no error & seem to install custom, but again no 63524241.tik file from my dump

-=EDIT=-
A BIG thanks to marcd2009- It worked!

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
EDIT - I noticed a few errors in the spreadsheet but those have been corrected and I've uploaded the new spreadsheet.

good effort
smile.gif
I have noticed a few available as Rock Band DLC which are also in one of the GH games which it doesn't display, ABC, Monkey Wrench, Miss Murder, Killer Queen off the top of my head

esp2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would you need to copy the modified rockbnd2.dat back onto the physical nand as well if you are wanting to grab any future RB2 DLC, or does that matter?

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
esp2000 said:
So would you need to copy the modified rockbnd2.dat back onto the physical nand as well if you are wanting to grab any future RB2 DLC, or does that matter?

It depends really. If you use the PC DLC Tools to download DLC on your PC then no, you won't need to use your real NAND at all until Harmonix change DLC generation to sXFE at which point you'd have to go into the store and get an xSFE song to update the save game. If you normally use the Music Store to get your DLC then yes you'd need to copy the modified rockbnd2.dat file back to your nand or you'd lose all your scores/savegames.

The easiest way i found to do this was to use Save Game Manager to backup your nand save to SD card, and then overwrite the rockbnd2.dat on SD:\savegames with the one you edited, then use the Save Game Manager to restore the updated save from the SD card back to your nand.

Not sure what will happen to all the RawkSD songs though when you download more dlc, it's possible they'll all disappear from the save file, but you can always just "update dlc save" again before you copy it back to your emulated nand.

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to add my lego rock songs and rawk3b2 gave me two folders(sZAE and sZXE)
I put each one in dlctools and came up with folders 00010005735a4145 and 00010005735a5845
My question is I already have some of the same files on my nand... do I overwrite them?
Do I overwrite the title.tmd thats already in 735a5845 on my nand?
Or can I just make new folders...like 735a5645 & 735a5745, so I don't have to overwrite any files on my nand?

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BobZhome said:
I went to add my lego rock songs and rawk3b2 gave me two folders(sZAE and sZXE)
I put each one in dlctools and came up with folders 00010005735a4145 and 00010005735a5845
My question is I already have some of the same files on my nand... do I overwrite them?
Do I overwrite the title.tmd thats already in 735a5845 on my nand?
Or can I just make new folders...like 735a5645 & 735a5745, so I don't have to overwrite any files on my nand?

it shouldn't have used sZAE, that's the first generation of normal DLC which gets saved in the 735a4145 folder

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why that sZAE folder is showing up...maybe it has something to do with my SD card, because of transferring the info on the SD card to the SDPC folder on my PC.

Anyway I added the new folders(735a5745, 735a5645, 735a5545, 735a5445, 735a5345, and 735a5245) to my nand and all the songs in those folders work!
I didn't like the idea of overwriting existing files, I didn't know if I would lose songs.

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:
ok, i just needed a good night's sleep to get my head around the RawkSD incompatibility problems. I have found out how to get the missing songs to appear in RawkSD 2 now, which in turn will allow them to be added to your RB2 save game, so for anyone missing songs (affected songs are listed at the bottom of the post), go into the SDPC\rawk\rb2\customs\songtitle folder and open the data file in a hex editor

This tuning offset part stops it from being listed in RawkSD 2 so you need to remove it (i do not know how this will affect the song, but most songs do not have it) you must make sure you remove from the 05 before "tuning_offset" to just before the 05 before "context"

DON'T edit the SDPC\rawk\rb2\customs data file which has all the individual data files combined in it, as this is the one RawkSD 3 uses and if you edit those songs then they will disappear from RawkSD 3 the next time you load it

Affected Songs (list will be updated as i import more songs)

AC/DC Rock Band: None
Rock Band 1: Black Hole Sun & Nightmare
Green Day Rock Band: Basket Case, Brain Stew/Jaded, Burnout, F.O.D, Having A Blast, Nice Guys Finish Last, Sassafras Roots & Warning
Lego Rock Band: Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, Ride A White Swan, Two Princes & We Will Rock You
I found two more songs that needed to be hexedited in Rock Band 1: Don't look Back in anger & Roam
Thanks go to marcd2009 for noticing the missing song and figuring out how to correct the problem
yaywii.gif

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BobZhome said:
I found two more songs that needed to be hexedited in Rock Band 1: Don't look Back in anger & Roam
Thanks go to marcd2009 for noticing the missing song and figuring out how to correct the problem
yaywii.gif

Thanks, i've updated my post. I didn't notice those ones because i already had those songs on RB2 DLC so i didn't rip them.

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also found two that need to be hexedited in Rock Band - Track Pack Volume 1: Live Forever & Truckin

I only get the DLC that I really like that I don't have on a disc, but I'm ripping all the songs from the discs I do have.
Having all my songs in Rock Band 2 is great, because normally I only play a few sounds from each disc.
So now I don't have to jump from disc to disc, just start up one disc and play a bunch of songs
yaywii.gif

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, great thread. Almost everything is working like a charm. I'm having an issue with LEGO Rock Band imports. Yes, the ones that don't show up, don't show up, but that is not my concern. Every time I try to play a song one of two things happens; I scroll over the song in song select, try to listen to the preview, game locks up. Or, I scroll over a song, preview plays, so I select the song, and get an error message. No, it's not an out of date message. It's somewhere along the lines of "The content cannot be found. The content is required to continue. Your game session will be restarted." Help?

granberro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
Here is the tmd trimmer for those interested in. Source code can be found here.

For every folder containing DLC make a backup of title.tmd and run the program there. It improves loading time just for DLC and in a inversely proportional manner (the less DLC you have the better the improvement).

Enjoy,

graNBerro

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granberro said:
Hi guys,
Here is the tmd trimmer for those interested in. Source code can be found here.

For every folder containing DLC make a backup of title.tmd and run the program there. It improves loading time just for DLC and in a inversely proportional manner (the less DLC you have the better the improvement).

Enjoy,

graNBerro

Thank you!!!

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Waffleman said:
Hey guys, great thread. Almost everything is working like a charm. I'm having an issue with LEGO Rock Band imports. Yes, the ones that don't show up, don't show up, but that is not my concern. Every time I try to play a song one of two things happens; I scroll over the song in song select, try to listen to the preview, game locks up. Or, I scroll over a song, preview plays, so I select the song, and get an error message. No, it's not an out of date message. It's somewhere along the lines of "The content cannot be found. The content is required to continue. Your game session will be restarted." Help?

have you tried more than once with the decryption, updating save etc? When you decrypt the songs they go from being 001.bin 002.bin to 0000001.app and 0000002.app and when you update the save it references those specific numbers. Now these numbers are not always the same. For instance if you were to decrypt a couple of songs, and then later on decrypt those songs again as part of a large batch, they might not be 001 and 002 anymore, but the save file will still think they are which is what causes these errors.

Updating the save file will not fix this as it does not change the reference numbers for songs that are already in it. I had this problem and the only way to fix it is to use a save file from before you used RawkSD and re-update that again, but only after making sure all the songs have the correct reference numbers. You can see in the "data" file in rawksd\rb2\customs\songtitle for each song what it's reference number is if you open it in a hex editor, but it's probably quicker to just delete all the songs you've decrypted, including the rawksd data folders and re-rip them from the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory