Ravens Thoughts #2 - Female Gamers

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
Age
42
Location
Cyclo DS Paradise
Website
Visit site
XP
178
Country
United States
Disclaimer: Before people flame me for my title...read through the entire post. Thank You
smile.gif


In today's installment,
I will talk about something that has been taboo in the world of gaming as I see it. That my friends is the female gamer. Female gamers have been around for a long time, but have been shunned by a majority of red blooded male gamers. Before I continue, if you havent noticed this by now, I am indeed male
smile.gif
. The one thing I never understood was that its ok for a guy to pick up a set of sticks to play things like CoD and Madden, but once a female does it most of us turn into chauvinists that abhor the idea of a female gamer.

My question to most of the males out there is...why do we get so defensive over the fact that females can game just as well as we can? I for one appreciate female gamers and wish there were more in the gaming community.

Publishers have done well in recent times to help introduce female gamers into our world. A prime example of this is the Imagine Series. Now I admit that most of the guys out there think this is shovelware, but can we all look past that and acknowlege this as an attempt to make gaming more accessable to both genders?

I challenge all of the readers of my blog to embrace female gamers out there. Not just the ones in our community, but mainstream gamers as well.

Well I just "bought" Rhapsody, so I'm off for now so...

Until next time stay safe and happy pirating
cool.gif
 
A lot of "girl gamers" are just whiney bitches.

I've played loads of TF2 matches where a girl decides to voice chat, only to act like a bitch and get hated on then get half the server to "White Knight" her. It gets to the point where a lot of female gamers get hated on because of people like that.
 
Law said:
A lot of "girl gamers" are just whiney bitches.

I've played loads of TF2 matches where a girl decides to voice chat, only to act like a bitch and get hated on then get half the server to "White Knight" her. It gets to the point where a lot of female gamers get hated on because of people like that.

I get what youre saying mate...
i really do but you cant let a few bad eggs spoil the basket right?
 
Law said:
A lot of "girl gamers" are just whiney bitches.

I've played loads of TF2 matches where a girl decides to voice chat, only to act like a bitch and get hated on then get half the server to "White Knight" her. It gets to the point where a lot of female gamers get hated on because of people like that.
I do find a large group of TF2 players are quite young and/or closed minded... that includes the females.

This is one of the reasons I never use a mic for playing Team Fortress 2. But for the people that do take time to text chat in a playful TF2 match, they eventually find out and they're usually pretty cool about it... then we never meet again.

Also, I'm there to play games, not get attention or meet new 'friends' that I'll probably never meet. Same goes for Xbox Live. Exception: 3D chatroom, aka World of Warcraft. It's actually quite social and sometimes end up chatting for a long time.

PS: No offence, young and/or closed minded people
smile.gif

PPS: Actually yes, grow up and/or expand your mind!
smile.gif
 
Wait a second... haha very funny. I almost thought you were serious, GIRLS PLAYING GAMES? Who would cook the food and iron the clothes? lol you almost gave me a heart attack.

kitchen.jpg
 
Prophet said:
Wait a second... haha very funny. I almost thought you were serious, GIRLS PLAYING GAMES? Who would cook the food and iron the clothes? lol you almost gave me a heart attack.

kitchen.jpg
Sexist comments aside: Wow, an electric stove AND no exhaust fan? Are they TRYING to make the house smell like food? And what's this? The spice/sauce rack right above the stove.
frown.gif


EDIT: Spelling?
 
BiscuitBee said:
Prophet said:
Wait a second... haha very funny. I almost thought you were serious, GIRLS PLAYING GAMES? Who would cook the food and iron the clothes? lol you almost gave me a heart attack.

kitchen.jpg
Sexist comments aside: Wow, an electric stove AND no exhaust fan? Are they TRYING to make the house smell like food? And what's this? The spice/sauce rack right above the stove.
frown.gif


EDIT: Spelling?
Spice rack? Thats the little girls bedroom.
 
Prophet said:
BiscuitBee said:
Prophet said:
Wait a second... haha very funny. I almost thought you were serious, GIRLS PLAYING GAMES? Who would cook the food and iron the clothes? lol you almost gave me a heart attack.

kitchen.jpg
Sexist comments aside: Wow, an electric stove AND no exhaust fan? Are they TRYING to make the house smell like food? And what's this? The spice/sauce rack right above the stove.
frown.gif


EDIT: Spelling?
Spice rack? Thats the little girls bedroom.
I find both of them to have very spicy racks indeed.
 
BiscuitBee said:
Prophet said:
Wait a second... haha very funny. I almost thought you were serious, GIRLS PLAYING GAMES? Who would cook the food and iron the clothes? lol you almost gave me a heart attack.

kitchen.jpg
Sexist comments aside: Wow, an electric stove AND no exhaust fan? Are they TRYING to make the house smell like food? And what's this? The spice/sauce rack right above the stove.
frown.gif


EDIT: Spelling?
whoever drew this picture obviously had no idea what they were doing 0 o0! I mean... who would wear shoes indoors? also, the dish washer bellow the sink? just some of the things I found odd xD
 
Osaka said:
BiscuitBee said:
Prophet said:
Wait a second... haha very funny. I almost thought you were serious, GIRLS PLAYING GAMES? Who would cook the food and iron the clothes? lol you almost gave me a heart attack.

kitchen.jpg
Sexist comments aside: Wow, an electric stove AND no exhaust fan? Are they TRYING to make the house smell like food? And what's this? The spice/sauce rack right above the stove.
frown.gif


EDIT: Spelling?
whoever drew this picture obviously had no idea what they were doing 0 o0! I mean... who would wear shoes indoors? also, the dish washer bellow the sink? just some of the things I found odd xD
Haha, I didn't notice the dishwasher under the sink! Rotary phone *ugh*, and is it just me or does everyone else hate that kitchen cabinets don't go all the way to the ceiling? C'mon, those are a pain to dust and such a space waster.

As for shoes indoors, I was under the impression that a lot of Amercians do (no offence). Like in those commercials when people bring in mud and dirt on to a clean carpet. ... maybe they are fancy slippers
smile.gif
 
You guys are right it does look wierd at first glance, but I found pictures of real homes just like it.

Oven under spice/sauce rack:
kitchen-before.JPG
Dishwasher directly under sink:
214575_Detail.jpg
People wearing shoes in the house:
womenJuly1965.jpg
and lastly...
derailed-train.jpg

Fix'd
 
BiscuitBee said:
Does that last one mean the topic has been derailed from it's original message?

Yes, yes it does. So... I see you are playing tales of vesperia I'm in the middle of it my self. Best RPG I've played in awhile.
 
Prophet said:
BiscuitBee said:
Does that last one mean the topic has been derailed from it's original message?

Yes, yes it does. So... I see you are playing tales of vesperia I'm in the middle of it my self. Best RPG I've played in awhile.
I'm only about 6 or 7 hours into it... which probably doesn't mean much because I like to explore and grind a little. I heard it's something around 50 hours if you try to blazee through it?! I have been enjoying it's bright colours and light-hearted comedy, so far!
 
BiscuitBee said:
Prophet said:
BiscuitBee said:
Does that last one mean the topic has been derailed from it's original message?

Yes, yes it does. So... I see you are playing tales of vesperia I'm in the middle of it my self. Best RPG I've played in awhile.
I'm only about 6 or 7 hours into it... which probably doesn't mean much because I like to explore and grind a little. I heard it's something around 50 hours if you try to blazee through it?! I have been enjoying it's bright colours and light-hearted comedy, so far!

Yeah, it's really pretty. It's hard not to want to grind a bit, the battle system rocks. I never have those "aww crap, not agian. I can't take two steps without..." moments you get with random encounters.
 
i say we need more girl gamers! it turns me on for some reason rooofl.

i know a few girl games, sum r more open about it, and sum try to hide it. like one my friends scolds me whenever i play games, but she secretly plays way more than i do. tsk tsk, evil

personally, i wouldn't mind being beaten by a girl. if she's better than me, kudos to her. as long as she isn't bitchy lol.
 
I know this topic kind of deviated. But here's my 2 cents...

I think the issue with girl gamers is partly a lot of the girls themselves.

In any environment where you've got a high ratio of male to women, it gives the women a lot of "power". They feel self important and it changes the way they act. Of course, you do get the guys who pretty much cum in their pants the moment they see a girl. Which just reinforces the mindset of the girls.
So the girls kind of get this i'm a minority and in demand type attitude, and believes everyone should worship them.

Its kind of the same as at my university, as a sporting university there is a 7 to 3 ratio of boys to girls (thats for ever 7 guys, theres 3 girls). Not saying all the girls are like this, but the majority of them are stuck up and think they are it just for being female. The guys are more than aware of the ratio too, so it gives them even more desperation to find a girl. So the guys standards are lower, girls higher.
 
Little said:
I know this topic kind of deviated. But here's my 2 cents...

I think the issue with girl gamers is partly a lot of the girls themselves.

In any environment where you've got a high ratio of male to women, it gives the women a lot of "power". They feel self important and it changes the way they act. Of course, you do get the guys who pretty much cum in their pants the moment they see a girl. Which just reinforces the mindset of the girls.
So the girls kind of get this i'm a minority and in demand type attitude, and believes everyone should worship them.

Its kind of the same as at my university, as a sporting university there is a 7 to 3 ratio of boys to girls (thats for ever 7 guys, theres 3 girls). Not saying all the girls are like this, but the majority of them are stuck up and think they are it just for being female. The guys are more than aware of the ratio too, so it gives them even more desperation to find a girl. So the guys standards are lower, girls higher.

She has spoken, lawlz! Which actually explains each time a girl wins she gets all SUPER DUPER HAPPY mode then when she loses she gets OMFG this game is HAX! I just want a female gamer that understand her limits and is willing to learn. Pride also plays another issue to the reason why there isn't a lot of female gamers.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted