Hardware Rate this PC Build's Specs

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This summer when I get some $$$$ I'm gonna blow it all on building a nice PC that'll last me a long time and wouldn't get outdated any time in the near future

So here's my current plan for a build

What do you guys think? It amounts to about $1,130.

If there's a more cost effective set-up (i.e. if there's a part that can be swapped out by a substantially better one for not much more money, or a part that could be swapped out for a slightly worse one and save me loads, lemme know)

Also this is my first time ever building a PC. Do I have enough cooling? Do I need one of those earthing bracelets? (Unsure about name) Is the case the right size? etc.

Any other thoughts/comments you wanna give to this PC building newbie?

Almost forgot, gotta add an extra $70 bucks for Windows 8.1 (I know it's more expensive than that but I could probably get a student offer)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Stay away from MSI mobos buy a ASRock one instead ;) Also the CPU is an overkill if youre planning to game. An i5 4690k will do the same exact thing performance wise in gaming.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Quick look at the stuff with a few comments:

You have a budget GPU, but a high end CPU. Scratch the i7 and get an i5-4690k and a GTX970. The cost is about the same looking at your prices, but the performance boost for the money is better for the GPU bump than CPU bump.

Also scratch the SSD and get a smaller (240Gb?) SSD and large HDD. More efficient and you'll probably not get the best out of most programs on the SSD in any case.

You may want to check the mobo and change it to a model with integrated wireless if you really want to use it on a desktop versus wired.

Also if you're a student, check if you can get windows via DreamSpark. Saves you a hundred or so moneyz.

alphaomegacode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree with Qtis and GuitarHeroKnight, upgrade you GPU, change the motherboard and go with an I5 processor. Check pcpartpicker.com. The site will help you with compatibility and find the best prices. It also has builds that members have posted based on specific needs and parts. Great site!

Just finished this build and it turned out great for gaming....

- I7 4770k (Overkill, not necessary for gaming, just on sale)
- Asus Hero VI Motherboard
- 16gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz Ram
- MSI Lightning R9 290x Video Card
- 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD
- 2tb WD Caviar Black

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet