rate my pokemon team

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by mightymage, May 5, 2011.

May 5, 2011

rate my pokemon team by mightymage at 3:21 AM (843 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. mightymage
    OP

Member mightymage GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i didnt know where else to ask but i need a team rate for my first pokemon online team for this server

this a test team

Gengar (M) @ (No Item)
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hypnosis

Starmie @ (No Item)
    Trait: Illuminate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Rain Dance
    - Ice Beam

Hydreigon (M) @ (No Item)
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Stone Edge
    - Work Up

Blaziken (M) @ (No Item)
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Agility
    - Baton Pass
    - Brick Break
    - Swords Dance

Blissey (F) @ (No Item)
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Counter
    - Aromatherapy
    - Heal Pulse
    - Toxic

Blastoise (M) @ (No Item)
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Flash Cannon
    - Rain Dance
    - Seismic Toss
    - Surf

2. Kikaru

Newcomer Kikaru Member

United States
    Firstly why the lack of items?
    I also suggest that you change your natures to + Speed -Useless stat you don't need. I found that change to be invaluable in my battles. (Only on your primary sweepers though)

Gengar. I dislike Focus Blast, Hypnosis, and any move with less than 80% Accuracy. Might I suggest swapping those two moves out with Sludge Ball, Thunderbolt, and or Energy Ball?

This Starmie isn't standard but that's not a bad thing. You may or may not regret leaving out Rapid Spin.

You might as well trade off Hydreigon with Salamence with that moveset. Hydreigon is better suited to be a special sweeper. I would suggest Tri-Attack, Dragon Pulse (Or Draco Meteor), Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Flamethrower, Surf, Hidden Power, Flash Cannon. You have many combinations to choose from.

Blaziken. You should either change the ability to Speed Boost or get a Ninjask instead. Ninjask--> Swords Dance and Baton Pass and two of the following: Substitute, Protect, Bug Bite.

I suppose that your Blissey is alright.

Blastoise has a decent moveset though I don't see the point of having Flash Cannon on it as opposed to Ice Beam. I'm also a bit iffy on Seismic Toss but I've never seen an SToss Blastoise either.

3. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Your team is good but the movies of some of your pokemon are bad for there type.

Remove raindance with all the pokemon you have and replace them with earthquake.
    Blissey is kinda weak with those attacks,her only attack is counter so remove aromatherapy and once again replace with earthquake.Remove Toxic and replace with something better.
    For Blazeziken,remove agility replace with a good fire attack(flamethrower probably).Baton pass should be romoved and replace with a powerful physical attack since you have sword dance.

4. Tombstoner

Newcomer Tombstoner Advanced Member

United States
    Don't feel like doing the rest tight now.

5. ishdeepsingh

Member ishdeepsingh GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Teams bad.. imean look!:
    Starmie's Trait: illuminate... its trying to spell illuminati but got the last letter wrong!
    Hydreigon's Move: Earthquake... It caused Haiti and Japan's earthquake!
    Blaziken's move: Brick Break... It will rob banks and prisons like they did in the spongebob movie!!!
    Blissey's move: Toxic... Self explanatory
    Blastoise's traint: Torrent... He helps pirate movies, games, songs, etc!!! using bittorrent sites and utorrent!!!

BAD TEAM@@@!!!

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Gengar - Psychic is a useless coverage move. Replace with T-Bolt and give it a Life Orb or something.
    Starmie - That thing needs Choice Specs if you want it to be a Special Sweeper. Otherwise, give it a Life Orb and replace Rain Dance with Rapid Spin, and Thunder with Thunderbolt, and change the ability to Natural Cure.
    Hydreigon - Quite unfitting for the set. You could either make it a physical sweeper instead, or replace it with Garchomp or Haxorus. (or if you'd like, maybe even Dragonite or Salamence)
    Blaziken - There's no point in using Blaze, replace it with Speed Boost, and turn it into whatever you like, be it a wallbreaker (a mixed attacker) or a physical sweeper with Swords Dance.
    Blissey - Softboiled and Wish > Heal Pulse. Aromatherapy is redundant, take it out, (except if you want to be a cleric, then take out Wish and leave Aromatherapy). Counter could be good, if used properly, however I prefer Seismic Toss or Flamethrower to it. Keep Toxic.
    Blastoise - Seismic Toss? Rain Dance? FLASH CANNON? Scrap the whole set please.

You've gotta be shittin me. Earthquake? On a Blissey? And take off TOXIC?

[sarcasm]We might as well add a Choice Band and turn it into a Physical Sweeper.[/sarcasm]

7. Tornadosurvives

Newcomer Tornadosurvives Advanced Member

United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    FIXED.... Sort of.
    This is a bad team, js.

- Forgot to spoiler the team.

8. ishdeepsingh

Member ishdeepsingh GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Fixed your Fix lol

9. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    I'm sorry, but this might sound kinda rude.

Go search around on Project Pokemon and see what some REAL competitive teams look like.

1. The Pokemon have items.
    2. The Pokemon have useful abilities.
    3. The natures actually make sense.