Rapidshare hands over uploader’s details, house raided

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
meh i dont use any of those file hosting sites u all flameing lol i just get on with life

sad that rapid share is now screwed tho
tongue.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PainToad said:
If I had scene access sure.
There's no way ANY release groups in the world combined could ever release the amount of stuff that's available on Rapidshare and the likes or filesharing services.
Where won't you find Metallica, the newest movies and all that stuff?
As soon as it gets any more special than that, there's a huge chance you won't find what you're looking for on the Usenet, let alone an FTP.
There's something wrong with you if getting just any stuff as quickly as possible matters more to you than finding the stuff you're actually looking for.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This news is fake and has been floating around the internet for some time now. Can someone point to an original source for this article? No one seems to be able to lol.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it's fake and rapidshare has even said that it's fake. This been going around the internet for months.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
The Teej said:
RapidShare does not open or view its users files; the files are neither catalogued nor listed in directories.

that's rubbish afaik it scans within archived files and reads the file names!

I've uploaded some files in the past that are rarred or zipped to find it tells me its a duplicate upload or has been already uploaded even though the archive name is different !?!

Obviously it has a directory of your own files (I mean, that's just how it works), it just doesn't have a public collective directory. Also, no where does it mention it isn't allowed to view the user's filenames, just the actual file itself. For example, Rapidshare is allowed to look and see you've got a file named RMDNAPX.zip, but it isn't allowed to look into that ZIP file and find out it's the entire discology of the beatles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.