Hardware Randomly can no longer read game cards

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Switch to the latest version (11.0.1) and atmosphere + hekate to their respective latest versions. After updating both, I noticed that no video was coming out to my TV but it was coming out of the console so I go over there and see it says:

"The game card could not be read.
Please remove and reinsert it.

If this message appears repeatedly, please check the following page: support.nintendo.com/switch/gamecarderror"

I've looked all over for a solution and nothing is working. None of the obvious solutions worked. I've tried it with many game carts. I've cleaned the slot out. My Switch is well kept and I barely use game carts and this happened randomly. I'd appreciate any support on this, thanks!

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really would appreciate support on this, as it came completely out of nowhere and I have tried searching all over. I'll answer any questions if you have them about it.

cluesagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot into Hekate, go to Options and in the bottom-left there should be something called "Auto NoGC". Turn it off and you should be fixed. Note however that if you do this, you can never read game carts on lower firmwares ever again. Which should be fine as long as you never need to downgrade.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot into Hekate, go to Options and in the bottom-left there should be something called "Auto NoGC". Turn it off and you should be fixed. Note however that if you do this, you can never read game carts on lower firmwares ever again. Which should be fine as long as you never need to downgrade.
Thanks, that fixed it.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't get why the cart reader would need to get updated like this; why does it seemingly have its own 'fuses'? I don't understand Nintendo's intentions behind this. They could've easily made it so the cart reader worked regardless of update, but they didn't for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: