Hacking Random Freezes While Playing Games?

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have AK2i HWID 44 from I believe two years ago? Anyways, I've recently started experiencing random freezing during my games. It's happened in two of my games so far. Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could be contact issues on the cart or MicroSD card simply from 2 years wear and tear. Are the Acekard or MicroSD loose in their respective slots compared to how they used to be?

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I haven't been removing either of them, the last time I did was to update the firmware and add a game. I haven't used my DSi in a while.

I have a known problem where if you hit the DS with a bit of force, it will freeze due to the contact of the AK2i, but this is not the case as it's been freezing on two of the games I've been playing.

I've yet to see freezes on the third game I've tested.

Spartan117H3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just took a quick read over it.
QUOTE said:
If your Acekard freezes mid game, this can be a slot-1 contact issue, or less commonly a MicroSD card contact issue.
I have the old version of the AK2i where the chip is really far out, enough so that it never had contact issues during normal usage since the card is "taller" than normal.

I'll see if cleaning the contacts work.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a few scares recently, few freezes with my pokemon platinum (200 hrs played)
Its only happened at a few specific sections in the game, parts where snow falling like around mt. coronet and recently when I first got into the distortion world. Worried me at the time cause I thought maybe it was AP or a corrupted save (Have not had freezing in other games or I'd assume it was a contact issue). I managed to get past problematic parts luckily (fingers crossed its doesn't happen again).
I thought I'd try something and plugged my DS into the power socket, it seemed to improve things, the game didn't freeze again at the problematic areas and I was able to play through them.
I wondered afterwards whether my flashcard maybe drew more power than expected from a retail game and that this could cause random freezes or instability with some games. I'm not experienced enough but it was a logical explanation that maybe with a steady supply this could provide better stability. I found certain Rom dumping applications behaved similarly and were far more reliable with the DS plugged into a power socket, this is what prompted me to try it when I had the platinum problems.
I could be totally wrong about the cause of my platinum freezing and it could be coincidence, thought I'd share this though while on topic. I am suprised that the power thing worked but am happy as heck. Suprised tbh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning