OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
So,
I recently started playing a little with my DS again and I noticed some random freezes, what are usual fixes for this (besides the paper behind the cart since i didn't touch the cart before its freeze and I dont suspect it being frozen for that matter)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not much information to go on there. Is it freezing with certain games or with all games? Does it freeze in the menu, or only after you launch a game? Did you try reformatting your microSD card with the Panasonic formatter? Do you always use the "safely remove hardware" utility before removing your microSD card from your PC? Did you try with a different microSD card? Did you try with a different microSD reader? Do you have free space on your microSD card for save files and other system files?

-Bri

jondi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also get freezes on some DSTT carts, it happens when i try to start a game, not all games on the cart will freeze but random ones, I re-format my sd cards and then they are ok, but what is causeing this to happen in the first place, i would like to avoid this. I use eject before i remove sd card reader from pc too.
I have only had this problem using dstt cart's

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you say you use "eject" it doesn't sound like you're using the "safely remove hardware" utility. If you're not using "safely remove hardware" (it shows up as a little green checkmark icon near the clock when you insert removable media) then that's why your microSD card is getting corrupted.

Another common problem is not having your games in a "games" folder, but instead having them on the root of your microSD card. There is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root, so you should put all .nds files and .sav files into a "games" folder.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: All our girls are tested and cleaned. Crap we mixed up results