Radio FM for NDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Phantom-Ant, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Phantom-Ant
    OP

Phantom-Ant Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    Italy
    Is it possible to resend an FM radio for NDS like the one on each mobile phone (which is transmitted with the headphones?)

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    No. Phones by their very nature have things that can decode radio signals in them, or can be easily added to phone hardware.

For the GBA there was a device that took power from the GBA but was its own standalone radio.

The DS does also have a microphone in port so you might be able to pass one of those micro radios into the mic port, possibly also take power from the GBA slot but at that point you might as well have one of those micro radios instead (not to mention I doubt the DS microphone hardware is any good, the rest of the sound hardware certainly leaves a lot to be desired).

3. Phantom-Ant
    OP

Phantom-Ant Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    Italy
    is pretty unsless...

4. Valery0p

Valery0p GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2017
    Italy
    Do you even know what's Frequency Modulation? :wtf: *sigh* no, it's not possible, the ds hasn't the right radio hardware.
    Anyway, I think you are referring to streaming music from the internet to the console... The most advanced thing is this, but I think it doesn't work anymore: https://gbatemp.net/threads/youtube-ds-play-youtube-videos-on-your-ds.423467/

Or if for some reason your prefer play music offline on your ds rather than on your *insert smart device here* , you can use moonshell.

5. KoopaMaster

KoopaMaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2018
    France
    Koopa Cliff
    Just one thing to say : ( i am not a professional guy in "radio" ) , but a lot of phone ask for headphones if I want use the radio app ( the headphones is used as antenna , so it need only a software , no ? ).

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, they need a radio receiver chip (which has negligible cost to include inside wifi/bluetooth ones)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted