R5SDHC / Gateway / Sky3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyrriou, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Cyrriou
    OP

Cyrriou Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, i want to buy one of them but i dont rly know wich one :/
    First of all my 3DS have a 9.2.0-20E system and i want to use it for Pokemon PkHex aswell.

Question 1: Could i use the R5SDHC/Sky3ds on the Cyber Save Editor 2 ?

Question 2: Do i need to buy a 4.5. system to use Gateway with PkHex or does it work with a 9.2.0-20E aswell ?

Question 3: Can i simply use R5SDHC / Gateway saves to edit them with PkHex ?

Well i have no idea about these things and hopefully u guys can help me out :)
    Maybe you can give me a tip what i should buy to reach my goal.

Greet Cyrriou

2. satanicangel

satanicangel GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2010
    Malaysia
    1. Nope
    2. Yes, No
    3. No.

Basically, SKY3ds/clones(r5sdhc) can only play games. gateway allows more functionality, but you need a 4.5 or below system. Ya we know you have no idea, but you can just read on the forum more before posting because if you read you will find all your answers instead of waiting for others to reply.

3. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    1 ) I'm not certain, but I don't think they would work with it. Even if it did, you would still need a JP console.

2 ) At this time, you must buy a 4.5 system and gateway to use PkHex (or jp console + cyber gadget + retail cart). It is not yet known whether or not gateway's 9.2 support will include the required features to use tools like PkHex.

3 ) You cannot edit saves without decrypting them, which is currently only possible with 4.5 gateway.

I would suggest waiting for gateway's 9.x support to be announced, then you'll know whether or not you would need a 4.5 console or if it would work with your 9.2 console.

4. Cyrriou
    OP

Cyrriou Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Alright, gonna wait for it, thanks for the advise !