Hacking R4YSauto

po0fz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i tried old games that I used to play such as Dragon Quest IV, and it'd load on the YSmenu screen but then come to a black screen instead of a white screen and just stay on the black screen. any suggestions guys?

r4d4

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Sorry for being a n00b (and the long post), but I hope you can get me up and running. I have read all 30 pages of this post and spent about 10 hours trying to get up and running but no joy. So here's what has happened...

Bought a card from www.r4adaptors.co.uk and it came with 4GB SBHC card. It arrived yesterday - the box says "New R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/ NDS)" and has a website of http://www.r4ultra.com It was preloaded with 2 folders and a number of files:
_system_
moonshl
_DS_MENU.dat
_DS_MENU.ini
_DS_MENU.sys
_DS_MSHL.nds
R4-English-1.23.rar
revolution_software.txt

Anyway, I have put some .nds ROM files on the card in a "Games" folder I created, which all looks fine. However, when I turn the DS on, I just get the black screen with "Loading" in white. I have tried:
  • getting some ROMs from another site
  • using a 2Gb non HC card
  • using the card in a Nintendo DS Lite
  • using the Panasonic tool to reformat the card
  • replacing all the files on the SD card with downloads from r4ultra
All with the same result. If I put the R4 in either the DS or DS Lite without a SD card in, I still get the same screen ("Loading").
  • I hoped YSMenu might do it for me so:
  • I've now downloaded Maikel's R4ysauto from the top of this link and unzipped it.
  • I got YSMenu0903211700.zip from Yasu's homepage and put that, still zipped, in the R4ysauto unzipped file.
  • I renamed YSMenu to YSMenu0810211800.zip.
  • I ran the r4config file and answered EN; R4; Yes; Yes; EN; 1; On and generated a R4_custom_English file
  • I unzipped this and copied the TTMenu folder and _DS_Menu file to the SD card replacing the previous ones
  • I put the card all expectently back in the DS and still get the "Loading" screen, which is all I have ever managed.
I'm very disillusioned with this R4 thing at the moment, so any ideas would be fantastic.

Thanks guys.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
r4d4 said:
Hi guys,

Sorry for being a n00b (and the long post), but I hope you can get me up and running. I have read all 30 pages of this post and spent about 10 hours trying to get up and running but no joy. So here's what has happened...

Bought a card from www.r4adaptors.co.uk and it came with 4GB SBHC card. It arrived yesterday - the box says "New R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/ NDS)" and has a website of http://www.r4ultra.com It was preloaded with 2 folders and a number of files:
_system_
moonshl
_DS_MENU.dat
_DS_MENU.ini
_DS_MENU.sys
_DS_MSHL.nds
R4-English-1.23.rar
revolution_software.txt

Anyway, I have put some .nds ROM files on the card in a "Games" folder I created, which all looks fine. However, when I turn the DS on, I just get the black screen with "Loading" in white. I have tried:
All with the same result. If I put the R4 in either the DS or DS Lite without a SD card in, I still get the same screen ("Loading").
  • I've now downloaded Maikel's R4ysauto from the top of this link and unzipped it.
  • I got YSMenu0903211700.zip from Yasu's homepage and put that, still zipped, in the R4ysauto unzipped file.
  • I ran the r4config file and answered EN; R4; Yes; Yes; EN; 1; On and generated a R4_custom_English file
  • I unzipped this and copied the TTMenu folder and _DS_Menu file to the SD card replacing the previous ones
  • I put the card all expectently back in the DS and still get the "Loading" screen, which is all I have ever managed.
I'm very disillusioned with this R4 thing at the moment, so any ideas would be fantastic.

Thanks guys.
The instructions in this thread are for genuine R4 cards so even if followed correctly they are not guaranteed produce a working firmware for counterfeit R4 cards.

Try some of the various clone R4 firmwares on this site - http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
Hopefully one of them will get your card up and running.

r4d4

Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
r4d4 said:
Hi guys,

_system_
moonshl
_DS_MENU.dat
_DS_MENU.ini
_DS_MENU.sys
_DS_MSHL.nds
R4-English-1.23.rar
revolution_software.txt

Thanks guys.
The instructions in this thread are for genuine R4 cards so even if followed correctly they are not guaranteed produce a working firmware for counterfeit R4 cards.

Try some of the various clone R4 firmwares on this site - http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
Hopefully one of them will get your card up and running.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this site and used R3Ultra v1.54 English.zip, which I think is the file I found on r4ultra.com anyhow. Still just getting the black screen and "Loading" though.

nkono

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Maikel Steneker

Can I modify your batch file to include the Italian language since latest YSMenu also supports this language, and possibly create an application instead of a batch file?

Great work
yay.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
nkono said:
Hi Maikel Steneker

Can I modify your batch file to include the Italian language since latest YSMenu also supports this language, and possibly create an application instead of a batch file?

Great work
yay.gif
If you want to, you can. I'd prefer to work together to make the translation work in future releases too. In that case you can PM me. If you prefer to make your own release, I'd appreciate it if you mention my name when you release it
smile.gif

nkono

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
grog.gif
Thanks Maikel Steneker
grog.gif

I prefer to work with you for future translations

when i have finished to translate the batch, i send it to you

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to add my thanks to the list! I made use of this great little utility earlier and it's most definitely incredibly useful!

Cougar_II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
player0pokemon0vince said:
Will you make a YSMENU for R4-III please I am begging you. Here is the R4 3.10 kernel if you want to analyze the files click here

Hi,

Does this original firmware have a menu, and has MoonShell on the middle button ?

Here's what I've done for a friend.

I left his original firmware on there, so it would boot, then use the R4 batch file and selected option #3 (Replace MoonSHell).

Added the YMenu Folder and replaced the moonshell.nds in the root and poof it worked !

So it boots the original firmware, press on the midle button, poof boots YMenu and it all works like a charm !!!

inovermyheadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have downloaded the correct files and renamed to YSMenu0810211800.zip and still get an error saying that the file is missing....Am I retarded?

So sorry...I figured it out.

OverlordChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
=O what's the answer I just got YSMenu and YSauto and stuff...
Sometimes the thing works sometimes not...

anyway, my REAL problem is that it says:
An error has occured when extracting the neccesary files.
Please check if there is enough free disk space and if the program has access to the disk.
This program will now close.
Press a button to continue. . . (

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After downloading YSMenu from Yasu's site DO NOT extract it. Just rename it to YSMenu0810211800.zip then put in it the folder with the R4YSauto files.

OverlordChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hate this...

NVM worked...
Just needed to run r4config, I was running r4 everytime, anyway, thx 4 your time
smile.gif

Edit: Ugh, another problem...
Can't seem to get Custom_English or something like that.
please help me... again...

again NVM worked...

by the way, I extracted land and save...
lang: YSMenu2
save: DEFAULT.SAV

What can I do with em O.o?

yuga

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

i'm new here and still totally a noob ^^. But I tried to install YSMenu to my R4 Card.
The Menu loads and displays all perfectly. Just when i try to start a game it comes an error
like... ttpatch.dat cant open loader or sth. like that.

Im using the following:
- R4 Revolution III SDHC Upgrade
- Firmware 3.07 English (www.r4iiisdhc.com)
- R4ysauto 0.0.2
- newest YSMenu

Hope someone can help me with this problem, since I heard that R4 isn't developing any new
Firmwares anymore. So my Clone won't get any new firmware as well.

I read the whole post and couldn't find an answer on my problem. I

yuga

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Depravo said:
After downloading YSMenu from Yasu's site DO NOT extract it. Just rename it to YSMenu0810211800.zip then put in it the folder with the R4YSauto files.
Correct, Keep the YSMenu0810211800 as a ZIP. It should have a zipper on it.

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
marko22222 said:
do you guys know if there are cheat codes for the yugioh 5D's stardust accelerator?? for euro and US versions?? tnx..
I'm not sure but you should try downloading the latest cheat file on cheats.gbatemp.net. The cheat database was last modified on may 20 so there is a chance that the cheats are added already.

But next time make a thread instead of asking it here ^^

marko22222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kamika said:
marko22222 said:
do you guys know if there are cheat codes for the yugioh 5D's stardust accelerator?? for euro and US versions?? tnx..
I'm not sure but you should try downloading the latest cheat file on cheats.gbatemp.net. The cheat database was last modified on may 20 so there is a chance that the cheats are added already.

But next time make a thread instead of asking it here ^^

I see... tnx for the info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all +1