R4SDHC RTS Lite Not working?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by bzhu, Dec 2, 2012.

Dec 2, 2012

R4SDHC RTS Lite Not working? by bzhu at 5:49 PM (968 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. bzhu
    OP

Newcomer bzhu Newbie

Canada
    I've tried searching up this topic all over gbatemps and google before posting :\

I'm new here so i'm not sure if this is the right section ><

I just got my r4sdhc rts lite and i tried updating it by getting the files from the website and putting it on the sd card. After that i went in and i think i pressed wifi update and then my batteries ran out i thought i would have more, after plugging it to the wall charger i turned it back on and my r4 isnt being read anymore, did i break my r4? do i need to buy a new one? or is there a fix? Please and Thank you for your time!

2. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    It seems you likely bricked your R4. The only way to fix is to get another flashcart and unbrick it. You should have gotten an R4i Gold or something.

3. bzhu
    OP

Newcomer bzhu Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the reply, how do i unbrick it? any help would be nice :D please and thank you!

4. Latiken

United States
    Well, you need another flashcart that runs on your system. Then, you need to download some file on your flashcart's website (Don't know which one yours is).
    Then, you put that file on the flashcart that is not bricked. Now you run the file you just put. It will say something like this "Please insert [insert flashcart name here] into Slot 1" or something. Then, you insert your R4 and press a button. Now you wait until it says something like "Update finished. Power off."
    When you power on, it should be unbricked. Note: you need to flashcarts to do this! I would just buy an R4i Gold 3DS or DSTwo as it is not worth the effort. Then, you can unbrick your R4 as a bonus!

Good Luck!

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah, you'll need a second flash cart (Or Action Replay DS/i) in order to start the update program, then you take the working cart out, put your bricked cart in, and tell it to apply the update.

... every flash cart will brick if you lose power in the middle of an update.

6. Latiken

United States
    I know it's just because the R4i Gold is more well known so it would be easier to find the unbricker file.

7. bzhu
    OP

Newcomer bzhu Newbie

Canada
    Where is a reliable source where i can get the R4i Gold?

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  9. Monster3ds

Newcomer Monster3ds Member

United States
    Assure the sticker of r4i gold 3ds is from r4ids.cn , and If you want buy more,you can go to official wholesale store game4deal.com ,if you just want buy one pcs, you go to shop temp or go to r4ids.cn official site "distributor",you will find tons of stores available.