Hacking R4iTT running Wood

RodriTihuana

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hello, I'm a new user who just bought an R4iTT card. Coming from an original R4 I really wanted the wood firmware and found this. I downloaded the 1,34 version from this post and after getting it to work (had to modify .ini to tell the firmware where the skins/languages were) I can't actually start any game. Whenever I try to start one it says "processing, don't turn off" and it stays there forever.. any suggestions?

My R4iTT is the purple one and on the box it says R4iTT upgrade, V1.6. Any suggestions or help will be greatly apreciated! Thanks!

Edit: BTW I formatted my microSD card (8gb) with Panasonic SD formatter and did a clean Wood install. It boots perfectly and show the games, but can't actually start none, wheter it had or hadn't a save before (which I know had to be converted before)

Kashif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading the 1.33 version of the firmware posted here. I think since you modified the .ini it might have messed up some stuff. Test out 1.33 and see what happens.

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried to mod the lastest Wood (1.35) and clearly Wood made even more chances. It simple gives you a blank screen after you select any game (but the firmware itself works). Maybe he did these thinks proposital, maybe not, but as I said I didn't have the knowledge to work on this.

So, I recommended you to stick to RGF or use Wood 1.33/4, deppending if you care or not for softreset.

HackitZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would it be possible to get this to work on a nds original?

I'm a complete noob, and just bought 2 chips (r4itt) for my boys and now realize i bought a clone. at least it was from a local store in my town.

so does this mean a nds is slot 1 and dsi and 3ds are slot 2?

Thanks for any help, just dont flame me. :-)

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HackitZ said:
would it be possible to get this to work on a dsi lite?

I'm a complete noob, and just bought 2 chips for my boys and now realize i bought a clone. at least it was from a local store in my town.

so does this mean a dsi lite is slot 1 and dsi and 3ds are slot 2?

slot1 is the main slot (on top of the DS) where you insert your DS game cartridge
slot2 is the bottom slot on a ds phat or ds lite where you insert a gba game cartridge

DSi and 3DS does not have a slot2

don't know what kind of "chip" you bought so can't help you

If you have a clone you are better off using retrogamefan's updates
http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases

it works on a lot of different clone, so let's hope it works on your clone

HackitZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HackitZ said:
would it be possible to get this to work on a ds lite?

I'm a complete noob, and just bought 2 chips for my boys and now realize i bought a clone. at least it was from a local store in my town.

ok I bought 2 used ds's, the chip is purple and the box says r4itt. version 1.6.
I was able to put wood 1.3 on the SD card and boot into wood, but the only option was slot2.
I can also see the SD card and open it but all I see is the folders.
again I'm really new so maybe I just missed something.

HackitZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:
HackitZ said:
would it be possible to get this to work on a dsi lite?

slot1 is the main slot (on top of the DS) where you insert your DS game cartridge
slot2 is the bottom slot on a ds phat or ds lite where you insert a gba game cartridge

DSi and 3DS does not have a slot2

don't know what kind of "chip" you bought so can't help you

If you have a clone you are better off using retrogamefan's updates
http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases

it works on a lot of different clone, so let's hope it works on your clone

I have a r4itt version 1.6.
I did try retro game fans rom and it works well but the boys like haveing movies on the nds, so retro's rom is no good for me. Thanks for the info though. :-)

So if the rom above boots ok and i see the wood back ground with the options, sd card, slot2, and favorites. does this mean it's working?

HackitZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok it does work on a ds, can some one tell me what i can use for a theme?

I have tried r4ds, ddtt, and one more and none of them work.

Thanks

m45t3r

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
HackitZ said:
I have a r4itt version 1.6.
I did try retro game fans rom and it works well but the boys like haveing movies on the nds, so retro's rom is no good for me. Thanks for the info though. :-)

So if the rom above boots ok and i see the wood back ground with the options, sd card, slot2, and favorites. does this mean it's working?
You can have movies support on almost any NDS flashcard, just download the homebrew Mooshell and patch them for your specific fashcard.

QUOTE(HackitZ @ Aug 25 2011, 10:15 PM) Ok it does work on a ds, can some one tell me what i can use for a theme?

I have tried r4ds, ddtt, and one more and none of them work.

Thanks
You have to use AKAIO themes on Wood, not R4DS, DSTT, R4iTT ones.

CrashCours3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im a noob and i was reading through the post and looking it up...can anyone tell me how to get wood r4 to run on r4itt and pm with specifics...been trying to figure it out but either im missing something or i just need to go to bed lol well please and thank you any help would be appreciated

Kashif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what YWG would say about this. I wonder if he deliberately changed wood so this method wouldnt work

mujie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem. I've updated my ds, so now the r4 won't work. How can I update it from 1.34? R4iTT or R4 wood.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. I've updated my ds, so now the r4 won't work. How can I update it from 1.34? R4iTT or R4 wood.
That has nothing to do with wood, that's up to the firmware/bootloader on your flash cart. You'll need to download and run the latest update for your cart specifically, from the maker's site.

mujie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean I downloaded r4itt running wood, and I'm not sure how to get back to R4itt because it's a hybrid and unofficial.

himura

Trophies
XP
Country
hello! I have a New R4iTT this frabricar r4 is stopped now and not supported with the fact ydmenu brickea r4, I wonder if I can use this wood without problems and I want to play pokemos black 2

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
hello! I have a New R4iTT this frabricar r4 is stopped now and not supported with the fact ydmenu brickea r4, I wonder if I can use this wood without problems and I want to play pokemos black 2
Wood for other carts hasn't been updated in ages, well before Black/White and B2/W2. So it's not an option.

If you can't use YSMenu, get a new cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night