r4itt for dsixl 3D

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by gottuhaveit, May 11, 2010.

May 11, 2010

r4itt for dsixl 3D by gottuhaveit at 1:40 AM (8,060 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. gottuhaveit
    OP

Newcomer gottuhaveit Advanced Member

United States
    Ok so maybe I screwed up and ordered the wrong flashcard for my kids but does anyone have this card working? Yeah it is the purple card with the 1.6 firmware. I have loaded the firmware onto the card and inserted it into the flashcard and then in the dsi and it shows up but whenever I add games to the card they do not show up anywhere and when I load like 10 gb of games and game saves it just says please wait scanning. Could someone please help me with this disaster or is there a way to make this work at all. Thanks guys

2. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    This card looks ok. they even put roms to download on official website ! lol.
    Theres so so many post on this website about r4 just browse R4 section... YSmenu is probably the best firmware for r4 also... go to download section and type r4 or ysmenu you will get firmwares that might work for ya. Your card is nothing special... many many card work on dsi xl

3. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States
    Well I found the answer for it. I had already downloaded it before I received the cards just incase I needed it because it said dstt.fix.zip so I was buying the dstt flash card clones and believe it or not this did the job and now all games are up and running at full blast and even off a 16 gb micro sdhc. YEHAW

Thanks for the help

4. angelintoon

Newcomer angelintoon Newbie

United States
    Can you give more informations because I've the same problem.

Regards,

5. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

Sure no problem. You have to download the file called dstt.fix.zip and you go into the firmware file for the r4idstt and open the system folder and paste all contents from the dstt.fix.zip file in the system folder and wala you are done, very simple steps. Well I cannot remember where the hell I downloaded that file from but it might have been here. If you cannot find the file shoot me a pm and I will send it to you. I do not see any place to attach a file here or I would do that for ya.

6. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States
    Well guys looks like i jumped the gun on this one. I thought I had the issue solved but no deal. OK here is what happens and I do not understand it at all. I can load a handful of games on the sdhc card for the r4itt 3D and it works with no problems at all. When I put 10 gb of games on the sdhc card and insert it into the dsi it just says scanning and stops. The card is capable of using up to a 32 gb card so I have no idea what the hell is causing the issue. I am loading all my son's games and game saves from another card he used before would this have any effect on it because like I said when I just load a handful of games and game saves it works with no problem. Sure would appreciate some insight with this issue I am having and thank you very much.

7. netboy1991

Newcomer netboy1991 Newbie

United States
    gottuhaveit I thought I was the only one with this issue!!. I believe the problem is with the software kernel from these guys. The fact that you can load a few games but not a lot i.e. 4GB plus is odd. Here is a workaround for the card until they put out a new kernel.

1. format your SD card
    2. Google happydone and get their official standard firmware v1.5 and extract to SD card
    3. You will also need DSTTi update file it is right below the 1.5 firmware kernel and extract it to the SD card also.
    4. add your game folder

You should be good to go. Remember this is for the DSi which I assume you have, however it should work on the regular DS as well. Do not add any other files to the card just the ones I mentioned above. Let me know how it works out. Oh one more thing this kernel from happydone was last updated at the beginning of the year so the newest games for 2010 probably wont work.

8. manfy2000

Newcomer manfy2000 Newbie

China
    i will give you some reasons causing the issue and solve ways
    possiable reasons:
    1 The card's capable don not be very full,because,we must scanning disk and store some filename infomation in SYSYTEM /list.dat
    if games are very much,so you must left enough space for list.dat file
    2 games'filename length do not be exceed 256 bytes
    3 folder num's do not be exceed 2048 include sub folder
    solve ways:

1 you copy the original kernel system/list.dat file to now using kernel system/list.dat and cover with it,try again
    2 if your games's folder is too much,you will try it reduce,and try again
    3 add left disk space for list.dat file and try again

9. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

I have a 16gb micro sdhc card so I do not see not having enough space being my issue at all. I am only using approximately 11gb of the 16gb card so it should have more than enough space and the card is suppose to support a much larger amount than what I am using from what I have read. So do you think if I put several different game folders on the sdhc card it would help or exactly what can I do. I have put 11 gb of games and game saves in a game folder and when I try to do anything with it at all I end of with the same error. Wow I sure appreciate you attempting to help me out with this because I was just about to throw these damn cards in the trash. I posted my problem on here quite some time back and no one has seemed to come up with any resolution for me and also I have not even had anyone else say that they are experiencing the same issue that I am. If you could try to explain a little more in detail as to what you are telling me then I would certainly appreciate that. Thanks for our help, Don

10. manfy2000

China
    well,i have found the issue,i will report the card's developer and solve the issue
    i think that the resason is the memory space's issue ,if you want to play some games,maybe delete
    some games ,the system maybe ok!please watch the kernel update about the issue.

11. manfy2000

China
    well, the issue have solved,please download new kernel 2.00,thanks!

12. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

I will check it out today and let you know the results. Since it did not work for me I bought the dstt card and cannot seem to get anyone that knows why it is not working so I have 4 carts just sitting at my pc waiting for a fix. I decided it was not worth it to buy anymore because it seems like nothing but problems with all the new games and then getting support for the carts is one big ass joke. Thank you very much manfy2000 I will get back to you later. Well could you possibly link me to this firmware that you are talking about so I can give it a try. I would appreciate it very much as the latest version I see is 1.61 for this cart. Thanks again

13. naruses

Member naruses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe to try to save space trim the roms with NDSTokyoTrimm it will save you some space.

14. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

I do not need to save any space as I have a 16 gb mico sdhc and have only 11 gb of data on it so as I have already stated that is not the issue at all, but thank you kindly.

15. manfy2000

China
    well ,beacuse i have a sick ,so delay few days,2.00 version will be upload in few days!please watch the version for sloved the issue!thanks

16. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States
    I just wanted to give my appreciation to manfy2000 who did exactly what he said he was going to do for the r4ittds for the DSIXLwith 3D support. I had troubles with this cartridge when I first acquired it but manfy2000 posted shortly after I made my post stating that he would be updating the firmware to 2.0 and he got sick for a while but shortly after his illness he came to bat for us guys and made it happen. This card works perfectly with all games, even the new games. I have not had any issues with this cartridge at all since the new firmware was released and I just wanted all the members to know that it works flawlessly and what a great person manfy2000 is and a man of his word for sure. So thank you for stepping in and stopping me from having to purchase another damn cartridge. I did buy the 2 dsstti cartridges after I purchased the r4ittds but they never worked at all and I could not even get any support from anyone that could tell me how to get them to work or why they did not work so I highly recommend the r4ittds if you are looking for a good working cartridge and stay away from the dsstti cartridges unless you want something that does not work and no one to help you get it to work either. Thank you very much manfy2000 you are a man of honor.