Hacking R4iLL problem

RiennyJulesRomul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So, seeing as flashcarts that work on dsi ver. 1.44, I updated mine to the latest 3ds version, doing that my flashcard can't be seen in the 3ds menu I figured I did something wrong with the updating, what happened? :O

RiennyJulesRomul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
you do realise just coping the files to the SD card doesnt udpate the card right?

you have to run a update once the card has loaded before you update the console
what happened is that I updated the system(3ds) before updated the card, I did that but now it says " there's nothing plugged into the gameslot"

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
what happened is that I updated the system(3ds) before updated the card, I did that but now it says " there's nothing plugged into the gameslot"

Then it's either:

A) Not fitted correctly

B) Bricked and dead

NDSILL cards are one of the worst flashcards I've had. In their page they say not all (ie:v1.41) can do firmware update. You may try to run the updater using another slot-1 flashcard, hot swap the card before it begins, then press A and see... but I hadn't much success on that the last time i've tried..

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
you do realise just coping the files to the SD card doesnt udpate the card right?

I have that green R4i card. and the firmware they have currently from the site is, for some reason, a brick firmware. before i upgraded one of mine (i have two), they were sporting the Prince Caspian icon. when i flashed one card using the one from their site, after successfully updating the card doesn't appear anymore, like there's no card inserted. this holds true for the 3DS, DSiXL, and DSphat.

there is a way to save this, but you'll need an old firmware, and you'll probably need to try it a couple of times (downgrading firmwares doesn't always stick, it seems), but keep trying. i've done it on mine, so i see no reason why you couldn't do it on yours. i'll see if i can upload the old firmware i have (Prince Caspian, from December 2011). i hope i don't break rules by doing so, but just scratch the link if it's unsafe.

EDIT: i forgot to tell you, you'll need another flashcart that works on whatever DS console you have at hand. you'll need to run the updater from that working flashcart, but when it prompts you to press A, you'll have to swap the cart with the bricked cart. do note that on a DSi, sometimes the status gets stuck on a certain percentage, you'll have to switch to a different firmware, flash that, and then downgrade that. also, after a while, my DSphat is giving me problems by being an ass and "shorting" out whenever i swap cartridges. maybe that's an isolated issue on mine, but just a heads-up. preferably, you have a DSphat and/or a DSlite at hand to do the flashing. keep the original filenames, and keep them at the card's root.

Prince Caspian firmware (works on DSi 1.43 and 3DS 4.0.0-6, i think.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country

I have that green R4i card. and the firmware they have currently from the site is, for some reason, a brick firmware. before i upgraded one of mine (i have two), they were sporting the Prince Caspian icon. when i flashed one card using the one from their site, after successfully updating the card doesn't appear anymore, like there's no card inserted. this holds true for the 3DS, DSiXL, and DSphat.

there is a way to save this, but you'll need an old firmware, and you'll probably need to try it a couple of times (downgrading firmwares doesn't always stick, it seems), but keep trying. i've done it on mine, so i see no reason why you couldn't do it on yours. i'll see if i can upload the old firmware i have (Prince Caspian, from December 2011). i hope i don't break rules by doing so, but just scratch the link if it's unsafe.

EDIT: i forgot to tell you, you'll need another flashcart that works on whatever DS console you have at hand. you'll need to run the updater from that working flashcart, but when it prompts you to press A, you'll have to swap the cart with the bricked cart. do note that on a DSi, sometimes the status gets stuck on a certain percentage, you'll have to switch to a different firmware, flash that, and then downgrade that. also, after a while, my DSphat is giving me problems by being an ass and "shorting" out whenever i swap cartridges. maybe that's an isolated issue on mine, but just a heads-up. preferably, you have a DSphat and/or a DSlite at hand to do the flashing. keep the original filenames, and keep them at the card's root.

Prince Caspian firmware (works on DSi 1.43 and 3DS 4.0.0-6, i think.

Thanks it did workied you´re the best dude ^_^

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing is bricked or dead,

Then it's either:

A) Not fitted correctly

B) Bricked and dead

NDSILL cards are one of the worst flashcards I've had. In their page they say not all (ie:v1.41) can do firmware update. You may try to run the updater using another slot-1 flashcard, hot swap the card before it begins, then press A and see... but I hadn't much success on that the last time i've tried..

Stop saying bricked and dead, simply not true - just because compatability on the card is lost doesnt mean either the DS or the CART is bricked.
where do ppl come up with this crap.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nothing is bricked or dead,

Then it's either:

A) Not fitted correctly

B) Bricked and dead

Stop saying bricked and dead, simply not true - just because compatability on the card is lost doesnt mean either the DS or the CART is bricked.
where do ppl come up with this crap.

Because people who usually speaks more crap like you suggest and invites others to do et, and the cheap card has not the correct checks, resulting in a different firmware flashing from one of the 30+ clones out there.

That's a brick, if you add a cheap card, it ends up bricked completely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.