Hacking R4I3D card without ''NEW'' updated kernel -- HELP

hiamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I need a new kernel for my card that not supported 3DS console, without labeled “new”
r4i3d-01.jpg
because there are none new since 29-07-2011 at the web http://r4i3d.cc/gamekernel.htm

please help me

Thanks in advance

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Use that cart as a door stop and buy a cart that is supported rather than cheap nasty clones. Try a AceKard 2i or www.r4ids.cn R4i-Gold cart.

Other than that see if you can get RetroGamFans Multi Cart Update to work.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go here and use the instructions for the www.r4i3d.com flash card. Reto's kernel is just as good as Wood :)

If you're saying you need a new boot loader for your card you're out of luck. :(

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What I think jimmyemunoz is talking about is that IF your card is not recognised by your DSi or 3DS, as in it doesn't show the card even when it is plugged in, then the 'Boot loader' of the card needs updating to fool the DSi/3DS into thinking it has a proper game card inserted...

Your particular card is NOT capable of getting the 'boot loader' updated - & so the card is useless on updated DSi and 3DS systems (it should still work on a DSLite or DSPhat

hiamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
No it work good on DSI with the latest kernel dated 29-07-2011 but cant play the new games which released after that date
So I search for someone expert to help and explain if there is any other ways to modify the latest kernel and keep its menu as usual but change the DAT files to play the new games as good
please reply to me

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
No it work good on DSI with the latest kernel dated 29-07-2011 but cant play the new games which released after that date
So I search for someone expert to help and explain if there is any other ways to modify the latest kernel and keep its menu as usual but change the DAT files to play the new games as good
please reply to me
Your cart has been abandoned by it's manufacturer. You could attempt to update the DAT's but you run a very high risk of bricking your cart.

Either run RetroGameFan's MultiCart Update or buy a new cart only this time don't go for the cheap option.

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Dude, Clookster already gave you the perfect firmware for your flashcard, with detailed instructions on everything. Just tell your daughter she should get used to the new menu layout, you're wasting time on such a minor issue that you could be spending with your daughter. It's possible to do this, but the only one who knows precisely how is Clookster, and he has spent enough of his own time trying to help you out, so he no longer bothers with it.

hiamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
But I cant get the file because I was disconnected for three days and he removed the file and I try several times to get it back and there is no response
Please if you can help me and tell Clookster to send the file to me again you will appreciated and by the way what do you mean by PM because I am new to such forums and I do that all for my little daughter

Thanks and best regards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated