r4i wont open on pc ?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ihavikx, Jul 27, 2010.

Jul 27, 2010

r4i wont open on pc ? by ihavikx at 1:07 AM (1,715 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ihavikx
    OP

Newcomer ihavikx Newbie

Ireland
    well yesterday my r4i was working fine pokemon was running smooth i then went and played a wifi battle dced as i always do and save file got corrupt so i was like ok nothing new here i will just go and put my back up save onto the r4i so put it into pc and went to open the local disk (k) the one it uses and nothing happens so i click it again and it freezes my computer so i was like ok alt f4 and closed it and tryed again a few times same thing so i thought ok re format it and well if i right click or left click it well freezes my computer if i try and open a sav from inside the local disk using pokesav it freezes pokesav :@ i really dunno what to do cause it runs like normal on DSi just have to keep starting pokemon again :@ but i cant access it on pc to re format or add a back up save :@ .

anyone know what to do ??
    oh and hello everyone im new [​IMG]
    *edit* will it help if i post the website i got it from so u can identify if its a legit card or a fake ??

the site is r4cards.co.uk

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The fact that your card is an R4i is enough for us to know that you bought a fake, no R4DS that claims to support DSi or SDHC is legitimate.

I'm not entirely sure what you're doing, but it sounds like you put the microSD card in a USB adapter, and then the computer can't read it?
    It sounds as though there may be a problem with the USB adapter or the microSD card, but I can't really say.
    But it also kind of sounds like you have a computer problem? I don't know.

Anyway, when you post in the future, could you please try to post with proper punctuation? It will make reading your posts a lot easier, and in turn make it easier for people to help you. [​IMG]

3. ihavikx
    OP

Newcomer ihavikx Newbie

Ireland

so i bought a fake card ?
    and what i was trying to say when i put my micro sd into the usb and plug that into the computer and try to format it or even just open it to replace with my back file it just freezes my computer. basically i cant do anything at all with it on computer it will just freeze my computer

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Sounds like your MicroSD is corrupted.

I'd shut down your PC, plug it in, then start up.
    Don't try to access the drive at all.
    Format it with the Panasonic SD Formatter.

Hopefully that'll work.

5. ihavikx
    OP

Newcomer ihavikx Newbie

Ireland
    ok thanks will try that soon

6. ihavikx
    OP

Newcomer ihavikx Newbie

Ireland
    ok tryed that and i managed to format it and its working again thanks for the help oh btw as u guys say this is a fake any ideas on a good flash cart thats cheap for my dsi thats legit cause i cant tell if stuff are fake or legit

7. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    An acekard 2i is a nice cheap cart with high compatibility that will work on DSi.

Buy from here

8. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    There's a couple of good ones.

There's the original R4DS, but that won't work on your DSi so I won't bother explaining about it.

There's the Acekard 2i, GBAtemp's favourite no frills flashcart, it has the AKAIO firmware that boasts near perfect ROM compatibility and some nice internal functions. It works on the DSi and supports SDHC microSDs.
    If you buy one from Shoptemp, be sure to order Premium Flashing and updating service, so that the Acekard arrives ready to work on a 1.4 DSi.
    It's only $15, so it's pretty affordable.

Then there's the Supercard DStwo, a premium flashcart at $35 that boasts impressive new functions that no other flashcart can offer. It has an integrated processor that enables it to emulate GBA games, offers enhanced real-time functions like real-time saves, cheats and guides, and will soon offer a DivX video player, and a SNES emulator.

Any of these would be better than buying an R4, unfortunately the original R4 was very good for it's time, but the official brand died long ago. All that remains is a market of imitations, suckling off the well-known R4 brand.

9. ihavikx
    OP

Newcomer ihavikx Newbie

Ireland
    ok thank you two for telling me about the acekard i shall look into it and most deffenitly buy one soon.

thanks again the help is very well helpful lol [​IMG]

10. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    No problem. [​IMG]

It's just suspicion, but I get that idea that if you continued using that R4i, it would probably just corrupt your microSD again.
    These R4 clones don't really have quality control, they're mostly just out to get a quick sale by exploiting the R4 brand.

11. ihavikx
    OP

Newcomer ihavikx Newbie

Ireland
    im just gna use it for a few more days :/ hopfully i can order the acekard soon as possible and im going to get a 2gig micro sd with the acecard so i can have a brand new one