Hacking R4i V1.4.1

sciafer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a R4i V1.4.1 with nintendo version 1.4.3u. (My son accidently upgraded the Nintendo) and before this card worked fine but since the upgrade when i install the card and power up the nintendo it tells me the slot is empty....will not even load anymore. So i updated the R4i to 1.5.9b and still not working. Any ideas as i am new to this.??? Do i need another card? If so whats a better card to order....Appreciate any hlep with a newbie to resolve this issue.

sciafer

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
there maybe 2 types of updates

1)you update the files on the card(system files) (this will NOT let the card work on NW DSi FW)
and
2)update card FW

for #2 you need a DS/DSi that can use the card to update it

and some cards you CAN NOT update the cards FW, just the system files

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your card is not, and wont be, compatible with DSi v1.4.3 firmware. The team that makes your card is r4i-sdhc.com and they never released a 1.4.3 update and they have changed the hardware of their flashcard to be able to work on higher firmwares, so unfortunately you need to buy a new card. Get this one from this store CLICK ME It's $10 dollars and it's supported by the "Wood" kernel. Great card.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The point is you shouldn't be buying clones that advertise a specific compatibility because they tend to be the cheap ones that aren't able to update to support higher versions (or the creators refuse to allow it and get you to buy their new model instead).

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, your pretty much screwed. I recommend the CycloDS iEvolution or Acekard 2i. Try to avoid R4i and DSTTi, they're mostly just clones from companies who want to make a quick buck. I learned that the hard way...

CycloDS iEvolution? Is that a joke?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up