Hacking R4I - Upgrade (how to enable cheats?)

soulreaper1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly to explain my situation, I am very new to this whole scene and I bought an R4 Revolution for my kids NDS and it worked a real treat until it decided to die on them without notice
frown.gif

It used to have underneath each of the games a [CHEAT] button they could press to get things like infinite lives or something of the sorts..
Anyway as the old card died I went out and purchased another card this time one that is supposed to support the DSI.

The name of the card is R4I Upgrade, well the card works great but there is no cheats? the button [CHEAT] simply does not show up.
After doing some searching of the net and these forums I thought it may be that the USRCHEAT.DAT file doesn't support the games so I downloaded the one from GBATemp but still the button wont show up.

If you know anything about this please help me,

EDIT: I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_EuCSzUojA on youtube, it seems that he is using a NDSI not a NDS as whenever
I try to press X it says are you sure you wish to delete this file.. :S

Kind Regards,

soulreaper1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All games..

Let's just start with for instance Mario Kart, something old that has many cheats. I can see it in the USRCHEAT.dat file.
There is cheats for unlimited boost, weapons etc from reading the file, I have the game on the NDSL but when highlighted
there is no option to use said cheats.

The other functionality is there:

top left has the sun (brightness)
top right has a green and red option (something to do with loading?)
underneath the game used to have a [CHEAT] button that does not show anymore.

Unfortunately I cannot show you a photo because the old card died.
But when you clicked on it, a menu would appear that listed cheats for the game you were
currently highlighted on in the menu. This button has simply gone. I've looked for a setting file
but had no luck with getting a cheat of any kind to show up.

Kind Regards,

soulreaper1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the fast reply...

The cheat file is located in a folder called R4iMenu.
The video shows how to get it working on a DSI I'm using a DSLite...

And I think you misunderstand the cheat menu is not there! That is my problem.
How do I go about enabling cheats without a menu?

Kind Regards,

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
soulreaper1981 said:
The second link r4i-sdhc.com
I use a cart from www.r4i-sdhc.com. Enter the Games menu, highlight any game included in the cheat file, and press B to pull up the cheat menu for that game. The X button should bring you back to the game list, pressing the B button will bring you to the .sav backup menu, then the game settings menu, then back to the game list. I have no idea why pressing X asked if you wanted to delete, and I recommend checking the cart's sticker or box for a url for the guaranteed correct firmware.

Reactions: nordique

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.