R4i stuck on loading

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by cuda69, Aug 24, 2009.

1. cuda69
    OP

cuda69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2009
    United States
    I recently purchased a Nindendo DSi, currently shows Ver 1.3u. I have a R4i sdhc Upgrade Revolution card, I have confirmed authenticity. It works fine on my daughters regular DS lite, but hangs on the DSi at "Loading". I have formated the Sandisc (4gb) card at tried multiple versions of the latest Kernal. Am slowly losing patients. Any thoughts or recommendations?

2. injected11

injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    Are you sure it is an R4i-SDHC (red box) and not just R4-SDHC (black box)? Both use the same web address (www.r4i-sdhc.com) for firmware, and I've seen that throw people off before. Are you sure you downloaded the R4i and not the R4 firmware? If it was a red box, then I'm gonna have to question the authenticy. It should work on both the DS lite and the pre-1.4 DSi without altering anything.

3. cuda69
    OP

cuda69 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2009
    United States
    It is the Red Box, and definately the R4i software. I punched in the Lic. number but didn't get any warnings. I thought it might not be connecting properly but putting cardboard in doesn't seem to help. I thought it strange that I could get the DS lite to boot up but not the DSi. The R4i had a 4gb sandisc come with it, preloaded but did the same thing. So I formatted the sandisc and started from scratch,
    Very frustrating

4. anaxs

anaxs got milk, got candy

Mar 23, 2009
    Canada
    your moms jeans pocket
    r4 tutorial:

dont buy one...period

5. injected11

injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    The only thing I could think of is contact issues, and you covered that. If you post decently clear pictures of the front sticker and the contacts, I can compare them to mine so we can see if you have a faked clone, or just a strangely faulty unit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice