Hacking R4i-SDHC (Red Box) help

azraeld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new R4i-SDHC (Red Box) and am trying to fix my ds, It currently has FWNitro installed on it for some reason and I am trying to run Flashme v8, but for some reason each time I load the Flashme.nds file it says on the top screen loading and just leaves the bottom screen black, any ideas on how to run this?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's only miiiiiiiiildly annoying. Plus you get to surprise the fuck out of people when Stormbreaker boots to a flashcart menu. I surprised the shit out of a flashcart dealer in China with that one.

azraeld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not that I'm lazy or dont feel like pressing the a button twice I just don't like the look of it, I really prefer the original ds's firmware and by using flash me then no flash me i can fix this but I cannot get it to run.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azraeld said:
Its not that I'm lazy or dont feel like pressing the a button twice I just don't like the look of it, I really prefer the original ds's firmware and by using flash me then no flash me i can fix this but I cannot get it to run.
Ah... I get it now.
TBH If you're using FlashMe to overwrite the other firmware, I'd just keep it rather than using NoFlashMe.

So what happens when you run FlashMe? It stalls on loading right away?
If it's later on when trying to flash you need to short the S1 contacts (under the battery).
Do you have another card you can try it with?

azraeld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea it stalls on loading the file, I have tried shorting slot1 and I dont have any other cards. I'll upload a picture of where it stalls in a second.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azraeld said:
To be honest I had no idea that i could use moonshell to do that, thank you it so far has fixed it loading.
Awesome!
I didn't know if it would work or not, but it seems everything that can load homebrew has different compatibility, including a flashcarts menu.
Behind Wood, I think Moonshell2 has the second best compatibility for non-flashcard specific loaders. (I include Wood because it officially works on 3~4 cards and WAIO can be run on many different cards as well)

azraeld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like to try Wood, I did a small bit of reading on it but i'm not sure as to how i'd go about using it on my R4i-SDHC. (If it's not too clear I just barely got my r4 haha.)

azraeld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's sad. But It happens I guess I'll live ^^, Thanks to both of you for your help, If this site had some sort of karma system I'd give you two some but until then, Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya