Hacking R4i-SDHC on version 1.2e does not work

DufferCork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The console firmware is 1.2e. I have purchased 2 x R4i cards in the last 2 weeks and after downloading the non 1.4 kernel V1.09B from r4i-sdhc.com I cannot get past the error has occured screen.

I have reformatted the Kingston 4GB SD card (FAT32)

I have tried numerous other kernels and still no resolution.

I would really appreciate any suggestions how I might resolve this as this is doing my head in.

DufferCork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The firmware version is 1.2e and was never updated to 1.4

The error that I get on boot up is - An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details

I have downloaded V1.09B from r4i-sdhc.com and cannot get past this error screen

Has anyone come across this error with for this firmware version before with r4i-sdhc.

Should I update the firmware to 1.4 ?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Cyphox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did you purchase a r4i-sdhc or a r4i-sdhc with the yellow 1.4 star on the card's label?

if its the card WITHOUT the yellow star DO NOT!!!!! update your dsi to 1.4, these cards don't work with 1.4 firmware at all.

what url is written on your card? is it really www.r4i-sdhc.com or some crap like r4isdhc.com or whatever?!

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
well, i have a R4 Udgrade Revolution and i got firm ware R4i V1.11b, I dont know if this means anything do you, but you could try that? Its off www.r4i-sdhc.com as well. Up to you
happy.gif

DufferCork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your replies guys,

just to respond to the questions asked.

I purchased r4i-sdhc without the 1.4 yellow star.Purchased from the site ezbuyxtreme.com. I have made numerous purchases from this site in the past without any problems.

The URL on the card is www.r4i-sdhc.com. I have inputed the numbers on both cards on the forgery proof search and the cards pass this check.

I have also tried the kernel R4i V1.11b downloaded directly from r4i-sdhc.com. I did this out of desperation knowing that this was for DSi with firmware updated to 1.4.

Any other suggestions or feedback is appreciated and badly needed

thanks

DufferCork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to give a follow up to the issue I have been having

The writing on the green circuit board (above the gold strip) is R4-SDHC. I have purchased DSi cards from the same site in the past and these cards have a red circuit board with R4i-SDHC (above the gold strip).

While the R4i cards I purchased do not work on a DSi, I have found that these actually work on the older DS console, using the R4i kernel kernel V1.09B.

This seems to be the issue -- The packaging and label on the card state that it is R4i-SDHC , but the circuit states R4-SDHC and this is what the cards are.

Could someone please recommend the best card to buy for a R4i, at a competitive price that have fast delivery to Ireland

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
None. Get an Acekard 2i. It's like $12 on DealExtreme.

EDIT: Wait... if it actually were just an R4 SDHC, the v1.11b firmware should have worked on it.

chupektong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
None. Get an Acekard 2i. It's like $12 on DealExtreme.

EDIT: Wait... if it actually were just an R4 SDHC, the v1.11b firmware should have worked on it.

No, R4 SDHC is only for Ds and DS lite. It will not work with Dsi.

DufferCork,

You should return back the card to your seller. They put the wrong sticker in it. R4i-SDHC should be Red PCB and it print R4i on it.

I Regularly purchased from RegentDSi.com and never have a problem with it.

DufferCork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well..Just to give the latest update on this saga....

The site where I purchased (ezbuyxtreme) have refused to reply to any of the mails that I sent.

I have contacted R4i-SDHC.com directely and have explained the packaging stating it was R4i but the circuit board stipulating that it was R4.

I have at their request sent pictures and am currently waiting for their response.

DufferCork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The firmware that I tested and can confirm has worked in a DS Lite is R4i 1.11b & R4i 1.09b.

I cannot get to work in a actual DSi

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ahhh... I think you have one of those DSi's that has been updated to 1.4? which is a BBIIIGGG no no!
You'd have to find someway to downgrade, OR i recommend an AceKard 2i, Which wont involve downgrades etc, there only like 15$ or so

QUOTE said:
just to respond to the questions asked.

I purchased r4i-sdhc without the 1.4 yellow star.Purchased from the site ezbuyxtreme.com. I have made numerous purchases from this site in the past without any problems.

Just did a little research for you.
The site says (r4i-sdhc.com)
"The card with 1.4 mark can be support NDSi console hardware and software update and upgrade"
Translated to PROPER english >>> "The Box with the 1.4 Gold star on it will work with a DSi"
And
"The card without 1.4 mark can not support NDSi console V1.4 temporary ,we suggest don't upgrade V1.4 version by network,to avoid causing cannot use. in case of any inconvenient ?Pls forgive us"
Translated to proper english >> The Box without the 1.4 Gold Star wont work on a DSi and dont upgrade your DSi to 1.4 so it wont brake, Also if you break it we dont want to hear from you, go home and cry in your dark lonely corner as you slowly try to kill yourself, We wont take responsibility for the following, Death, A epic rash, Whooping cough, Bird Flu, Flu Flu, Swine Flu, Fleash eating super bugs, or mad mad Rage"

So in Summary, im guessing the card just wont work on a DSi, But it may be a good spare for your Lite etc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: