R4i-SDHC Moonshell 2.0+1 Language Problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by viperver1, Jul 16, 2011.

Jul 16, 2011
  1. viperver1
    OP

Newcomer viperver1 Newbie

Australia
    I have recently encountered that the Moonshell from the latest R4i-SDHC is not in English. It's really bugging me completely let alone I've downloaded their English v1.41 release and yet this still exists from the v1.40 one too.

I've tried many times to find where this is coming from but with no success at all. Is there any kind of solution I can do to turn it from Japanese to English?

2. Kuroko Shirai

Member Kuroko Shirai GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Go to the moonshl2 folder and look for a file called 'language'

Open it with notepad and you will see 936 Change it to 000

Your moonshell should be back in English.

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    The one on the website is outdated. Getting the latest Moonshell2 from filetrip or Moonlight's website is probably a better idea...since it's way more spiffy and it includes the language select (first thing that pops up if you use the non-directboot .nds file, or there is also a languageselect.nds in the launch folder that can be accessed by pressing select and clicking the first option, or there is also a language select .exe file that pretty much does the same thing...or you can listen to the advice above).

4. viperver1
    OP

Newcomer viperver1 Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for those advice. But still one thing does concern me about getting the newer one, if I update the moonshell to ones on filetrip for R4i-SDHC which release of it should I go for so that DPG's play correctly and with little bugs as possible?

5. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    people i know who have got R4i-SDHC cards ive got 2.10 moonshell working fine

6. Kuroko Shirai

Member Kuroko Shirai GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    If only there was a tutorial somewhere for updating R4i SDHC's moonshell... o_o;;

Anyway, glad it somehow helped you, cause I was trying to figure out how to turn it back to English also and just messed around with the files, seeing as Chinese is not my specialty.