Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I had recently bought an R4i-SDHC from amazon.com and had recived it.
When I had inspected the box to check the website where in which I can download the firmware, the box had said
"R4i-sdhc.com.tw". I had gone to the website and downloaded the firmware, (My R4i-sdhc is the "1.4 upgrade" without
the game engine"). When I placed my R4 inside my DSL (DS Lite for those who don't know
tongue.gif
), It had loaded fine, but
when the menu opend, it was nothing like the R4i-sdhc menu at all
frown.gif
. Another huge problem with my R4i-sdhc was
that it didn't have a setting button! I have tried everything, from diffrent firmware downloads to YSmenus, to properly
format my card; it looks fake, so I woudn't be surprised if it really is..
=====================================
( A D D I T I O N A L I F O R M A T I O N )

*When I download any firmware execpt the "Version 2.13c English" it does not work, instead a white screen appers..
*This is the link for the website where I downloaded the firmware: http://r4i-sdhc.com.tw/indexe.asp
==============================================

Thanks, and any help is apprectiated (I know I spelled the last word wrong).

ttarang

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This pretty much sounds like, "It works, but I bought a random clone cart and I don't like the menu."

Either buy a new cart, add a new skin, or deal with it.

ttarang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
This pretty much sounds like, "It works, but I bought a random clone cart and I don't like the menu."

Either buy a new cart, add a new skin, or deal with it.

injected11, It does work but there is no settings option, I think I will buy a new cart

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
White screen typically means you have a dstt clone, if it is it would be possible to adjust a version with fakekiller removed to work on yours. Normally all it takes is renaming the ttmenu.dat to the name(s) currently in the root and copying the system folder.

ttarang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bennyroger said:
White screen typically means you have a dstt clone, if it is it would be possible to adjust a version with fakekiller removed to work on yours. Normally all it takes is renaming the ttmenu.dat to the name(s) currently in the root and copying the system folder.

bennyroger, can you please tell me what a dstt clone is? thnx

ttarang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ttarang said:
bennyroger said:

bennyroger, can you please tell me what a dstt clone is? thnx

Can someone elaborate more on how to do this? I am quite confused
wacko.gif

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Some R4 SDHC cards are actually not an r4 its a card that is a clone of another brand card, to hide the fact they adjust firmware to a different look and feel. Most cards that show a white screen when you boot with no sd card inserted is a clone of the popular DSTT(i) card.
On an original dstt card the sd card root looks like this:
System (folder)
TTMENU.DAT
TTMENU.SYS

On a cloned card the files may look like this: example card r4i DSiLL
_system_(folder)
Li.LL
Controls.bin
TTMENU.SYS

On the cloned card the firmware looks for the files Li.LL and Controls.bin these two files are in fact just TTMENU.DAT if you rename TTMENU.DAT twice to Li.LL and Controls.bin and copy the folder system to the sd card(system folder does not need to be renamed) the card will boot into DSTT menu, remember that you must choose a version with fakekiller removed.
On your card the files may be named R4i.dat or whatever they choose, that differs from clone to clone. The important thing is to rename the TTMENU.DAT to the filename your bootloader looks for.

Jennyhly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,ttarang,if u want to have the wifi function of games engine to download games,then it shold be the r4i-sdhc.com, i bought one from there and have games engine,but not r4i-sdhc.com.tw.
huh.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ttarang,
I realise you are only new here, but it would be common courtesy to post the method you used to fix your issue, so that others in your predicament would have a viable solution held in this thread (rather than anyone needing to start a whole new thread).
I do, however, seriously suspect that the "good temper" has sent you a pre-compiled YSMenu, which is seen as "bad form" on GBAtemp and against the developer's wishes.
glare.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.