R4i-SDHC.com.tw help..

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ttarang, Feb 21, 2010.

Feb 21, 2010

R4i-SDHC.com.tw help.. by ttarang at 4:44 AM (4,044 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. ttarang
    OP

Newcomer ttarang Member

United States
    Hi,

I had recently bought an R4i-SDHC from amazon.com and had recived it.
    When I had inspected the box to check the website where in which I can download the firmware, the box had said
    "R4i-sdhc.com.tw". I had gone to the website and downloaded the firmware, (My R4i-sdhc is the "1.4 upgrade" without
    the game engine"). When I placed my R4 inside my DSL (DS Lite for those who don't know [​IMG]), It had loaded fine, but
    when the menu opend, it was nothing like the R4i-sdhc menu at all [​IMG]. Another huge problem with my R4i-sdhc was
    that it didn't have a setting button! I have tried everything, from diffrent firmware downloads to YSmenus, to properly
    format my card; it looks fake, so I woudn't be surprised if it really is..
    =====================================
    ( A D D I T I O N A L I F O R M A T I O N )

*When I download any firmware execpt the "Version 2.13c English" it does not work, instead a white screen appers..
    *This is the link for the website where I downloaded the firmware: http://r4i-sdhc.com.tw/indexe.asp
    ==============================================

Thanks, and any help is apprectiated (I know I spelled the last word wrong).

ttarang

2. arecus2000

Member arecus2000 GBAtemp Regular

India
    Have you installed everything properly?

3. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    This pretty much sounds like, "It works, but I bought a random clone cart and I don't like the menu."

Either buy a new cart, add a new skin, or deal with it.

4. ttarang
    OP

Newcomer ttarang Member

United States
    injected11, It does work but there is no settings option, I think I will buy a new cart

5. bennyroger

Member bennyroger GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    White screen typically means you have a dstt clone, if it is it would be possible to adjust a version with fakekiller removed to work on yours. Normally all it takes is renaming the ttmenu.dat to the name(s) currently in the root and copying the system folder.

6. ttarang
    OP

Newcomer ttarang Member

United States
    bennyroger, can you please tell me what a dstt clone is? thnx

7. ttarang
    OP

Newcomer ttarang Member

United States
    Can someone elaborate more on how to do this? I am quite confused [​IMG]

8. bennyroger

Member bennyroger GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Some R4 SDHC cards are actually not an r4 its a card that is a clone of another brand card, to hide the fact they adjust firmware to a different look and feel. Most cards that show a white screen when you boot with no sd card inserted is a clone of the popular DSTT(i) card.
    On an original dstt card the sd card root looks like this:
    System (folder)
    TTMENU.DAT
    TTMENU.SYS

On a cloned card the files may look like this: example card r4i DSiLL
    _system_(folder)
    Li.LL
    Controls.bin
    TTMENU.SYS

On the cloned card the firmware looks for the files Li.LL and Controls.bin these two files are in fact just TTMENU.DAT if you rename TTMENU.DAT twice to Li.LL and Controls.bin and copy the folder system to the sd card(system folder does not need to be renamed) the card will boot into DSTT menu, remember that you must choose a version with fakekiller removed.
    On your card the files may be named R4i.dat or whatever they choose, that differs from clone to clone. The important thing is to rename the TTMENU.DAT to the filename your bootloader looks for.

9. Jennyhly

Newcomer Jennyhly Newbie

United States
    hi,ttarang,if u want to have the wifi function of games engine to download games,then it shold be the r4i-sdhc.com, i bought one from there and have games engine,but not r4i-sdhc.com.tw. [​IMG]

10. ttarang
    OP

Newcomer ttarang Member

United States
    Guys, the problem had been resolved..a good 'temper had PMed me the YSmenu that works for my r4 clone
    thnx for trying to help at least [​IMG]

11. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    @ttarang,
    I realise you are only new here, but it would be common courtesy to post the method you used to fix your issue, so that others in your predicament would have a viable solution held in this thread (rather than anyone needing to start a whole new thread).
    I do, however, seriously suspect that the "good temper" has sent you a pre-compiled YSMenu, which is seen as "bad form" on GBAtemp and against the developer's wishes. [​IMG]

12. neokwlx

Newcomer neokwlx Newbie

United States
    so for other people who have this problem can you help with how you solved this problem?