R4i SDHC any possible solution for 1.4

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gullwing, Oct 14, 2009.

Oct 14, 2009
  1. Gullwing
    OP

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    I know that R4i SDHC is a ridiculously retarded flash-cart and of course I wouldn't buy that crap... but my cousin did... And he updated his DSi to the 1.4E firmware. I was wondering if there is any possible solution. I remember seeing a post in GBAtemp with a solution, I searched it but I couldn't find anything :/ ... Thanks in advance

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    no sorry but youy cant i reccomend he sells it to a noob for 2x the normal price and buy something else like an acekard or m3i

3. Frogman

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    well actually im not sure because yesterday i was at the markets in chinatown and they were selling r4i gold so i thought to myself i wonder if it will work in 1.4 so i asked the lady if i could have a go on my ds and she asked if it was 1.4 i said yes and the she formatted the card and put some sort of patch on it then put all the system files back on and it worked and came up as some olympic game and it worked fine

4. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    And what is that about? Isn't it a fix?

5. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Quoting me from other threads only causes confusion. No, that is not a 1.4 fix. It allows the old pre-1.4 R4i SDHC carts to play newer games like Mario & Luigi 3 and Hingdom Hearts on 1.3 or lower DSi's, or any DS phat or lite. It does not allow you to bypass 1.4. If he's already on 1.4, then he needs to buy a new flashcart that can be updated without using the DSi, like M3i Zero.

It's not a rediculously retarded cart. Mine works like a dream, and still plays everything.

6. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    With the rediculously retarded cart I ment that it is made by a retarded team that doesn't know english and is a cheap clone...

7. injected11

United States
    They're based in China. How much Chinese do you speak? Then you have no room to talk.

If it were an exceptionally cheap clone, there probably wouldn't be other companies making fake versions of it. It's quite functional and has great compatability. People bashing on things and having no actual reasoning for doing so got old a long time ago.

8. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Umm why are you so offending? I didn't say anything and dont try to prove that you are a know-it-all person :/

9. injected11

United States
    If that offended you, then I don't know what to tell you. I could've made it far worse. There is entirely too much unwarranted whining on GBAtemp. Don't blame the company that made it, blame your cousin for buying it, or for updating to 1.4.

10. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    there is no offical r4i because the r4 team broke up my friend has a dsi 1.3 and he love his r4i-sdhs redbox

its one of the better clones out there

11. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    Oh sorry mister you-are-the-best... If you consider my reaction whining-ish then don't even bother to reply. Go to a forum where everyone knows everything and become their Admin.

12. injected11

United States
    Post something relevant, or stop whining.

13. pjoneszdsi

Newcomer pjoneszdsi Member

United States
    I used the rfi sdhc on version 1.4 and that card worked fine for me. it is the one that comes in the red box. I like it more then the one that comes in the gold box just go to the web sit and follow the direction on the web site.

I had good luck with a company called Gameplayfun.com. They had a special on the r4i sdhc card which was the cheapest I could fine. They gave me free shipping too! They have lots of the other cards commonly looked for too. What I actually like best about this company is that they are located in the USA. I am in New Mexico so I like this about them. Anyway I hope this helps anyone out there in search of a reliable company.

14. Velveteer

Member Velveteer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I think you'll find the Red Box edition is modified to work with 1.4, but it won't be updatable if there's another firmware block in the future. Just go with something updatable.