R4i RTS 1.4 compatible cards to be released

lucifon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read someone flashed their R4 with the latest Acekard kernal to bypass 1.4 and it worked fine. Cant guarantee it though, would do some research on that first.

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much work with the R4, everyone should just flock to Acekard/M3 cards now..less trouble. Probably less expensive in the long run... R4 Fails big time.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fabis94 said:
anaxs said:
i dont know who in the right mind would buy this ...

I don't know who in their right mind EVER bought an R4...
I did but gimme a break - that was two years ago.
tongue.gif

wireles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
a new r4 card has to be made because its not compatible with 1.4

and then right below the news is a link to buy an obsolete r4 wtf

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hahahahaha

I actually feel happy now that I didn't win from the Gamezway Photo competition on GBATemp. It was proven to be a flock with these carts. Whew.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega_2 said:
DjoeN said:
The solution for All R4 users is HERE

(And that counts for ALL clone R4/R4i's to)

looks like Big N is wasting more resources on yet MORE lawyers, and not enough on actually making their games not price fixed

"Cut the prices and this will stop!
How much money is Nintendo making?
And file sharing NOONE can stop it-Soon it will be encrypted and the ISPs can do nothing then!"

an then this guy:

"To be quite honest, with Nintendo's current attitude towards its customers, I have zero sympathy for them.
Their VIP club is now a farce, they make you enter one of their codes to sign up, and unless you allow them to monitor your browsing habits, email activity and console usage, which they will then pass those details on to whoever they like, you lose the code value and don't get to join the club.
On the Wii, unless you allow them a similar kind of thing, along with the ability for them to download whatever software they like, whenever they feel like, without any confirmation, they lock out the Shop Channel, News Channel and Weather Channel... and probably the internet channel too.
Sony or Microsoft don't make these demands and if they have an update, you are given the option of declining it. Which is a good option if a bad update ever goes live... and it has happened. You always have a choice because they respect the fact that the console belongs to you, and you ultimately have the final word on what software goes on it.
Nintendo have got this attitude now of "let us do what we like, when we like, or we'll make your console experience noticably worse than those people who allow us". They're basically blackmailing people into letting them have their own way, or they'll punish them with restricted functionality on the systems. I have no doubt that the DSi will work exactly the same way with its shop.
I think this attitude stinks, and I have no sympathy with a company that shows disrespect towards its customers. If people can't get the same experience on their Nintendo systems as anyone else, just because they value their privacy, then Nintendo deserve everything they get."

It's true that these days 'privacy' is a lie. Everyone knows what you're doing, down to your shoe size. :\

As to the first quote, I'm not quite sure what their point is. Is it unethical for Nintendo to make money off their products? Do you feel they should be giving their stuff away for free? They make a product and price it so they can make a profit. Just like every other company on the planet. They're a for-profit company, not a soup kitchen.

For the second one, he first makes a point of the privacy policy on the VIP club, which isn't any worse than the privacy policies of any other website or company. Then jumps to how providing updates to users is somehow unique to Nintendo. All these companies force users to upgrade their systems in order to take advantage of the latest games, or online features. Nintendo didn't 'force' the update on you either. But if you want to use the online store, or the Facebook app, or the flip book app, then you have to update. Again how is this any different than how Sony or Microsoft handles their situation on the PS3/PSP/X360? Why should Nintendo 'respect' customers that are using flashcarts to illegally play games on their systems. Such users certainly have no respect for Nintendo. Strikes me to be the height of hypocrisy.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
If anyone stills buys any product with fucking R4 in the name they deserve for it to not work, i mean seriously. And as for the rant about Nintendo 'forcing' you to update well thats just ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...