• Total voters

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i was wondering if it a r4 will any of the r4 firmware work for it or just theirs and second question how did r4 user get theirs r4?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Real, official R4s can run a few firmware.
I -know- that they can run the official firmware, the R4li firmware and YSMenu as well as Moonshell2.

R4li has better ROM compatibility than the official firmware, but has a pretty major sound bug where volume plays at a low level and is NOT effected by the volume control (at least on a DS "phat"). YSMenu typically has better compatibility than R4li, but R4li does run some games that YSMenu won't.

Supposedly, the official R4s can run any firmware from cards that have been cloned from the R4 if you rename and encrypt the .DAT file, but I have not tested it personally so I cannot give a better answer. This seems to be contradictory as the R4 cannot run the DSTT firmware, which I believe is an R4 clone.
However it should be noted that not all "R4"s are clones of the original R4. Some of them are AceKards.

As for the opposite, I don't believe the official firmware will work on clones.
YSmenu will run, but not as firmware, though you can set it up to auto-boot on startup.

PhoenixT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
twiztidsinz said:
As for the opposite, I don't believe the official firmware will work on clones.
YSmenu will run, but not as firmware, though you can set it up to auto-boot on startup.

No, the official firmware won't run.
Depending from what r4i is, YSMenu will work, and you can "take over" the Multimedia menu by editing the *.ini file inside to open YSMenu.nds instead of the Moonshell. Less hassle, spares you from having to search in the romslist.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
digipokemaster said:
how long did u guys/gals had to wait before it got at house
Depends on WHO you order it from, not really how it's shipped.
I got mine from Divineo a while back, and it took forever (over a month).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1