R4i gold upgrade v1.4 compatible alternate firmware/sofware

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by RandomFox$&, Jul 3, 2010.

1. RandomFox$&
    OP

RandomFox$& Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2010
    Hi everybody,
    I have a R4i gold v1.4 card form http://www.r4i-gold.com. I was wondering if it is compatible with firmwares other than its own like woodr4, YSmenu or a kernel from another card. Any help provided would be useful and appreciated. [​IMG]

2. riverchen

riverchen GBAtemp Fan

Sep 27, 2009
    United States
    If its the acekard clone model, use AKAIO1.5 MOD.

3. RandomFox$&
    OP

RandomFox$& Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2010
    Riverchen the thing is that I don't know if it's a clone of the acekard, R4 or ttds. So I want to know if someone knows what it's a clone of like if it's a ttds clone I might be able to run YSmenu.

4. riverchen

riverchen GBAtemp Fan

Sep 27, 2009
    United States
    Then try the AKAIO 1.5 mod. If it freezes up after a few tries its probably a TTDS clone.....

5. RandomFox$&
    OP

RandomFox$& Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2010
    Hi riverchen I tried akaio 1.4.1. It loads up with 3 icons on the bottom on a full black background and the top screen is fully black as well. When I click on micro sd icon a white box pops up and nothing happens. The same thing happens when I click boot slot two. But when I click the other icon nothing happens. So I'm not sure if it's an ak clone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice