R4i Gold Pro Issue

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Prans, May 28, 2013.

1. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Hey there! I've just bought an R4i Gold Pro for my 3DS. I know that I have to update it first on a normal DS (lite) to make it work on my 4.2.0-9E 3DS. So I downloaded the latest firmware update and kernel from the official r4i-gold site. However, I always get the message 'System File Is Missing' when I load the flashcard.

Please help me out on this one! Maybe I got the wrong files, if so, please send me the correct ones. Thank you for your time and help! Have a great day!

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You shouldn't have bought that clone. There's no such thing as the "Pro" version of the R4i Gold, that's a different product by a different team using a similar name to trick you.

Anyways you should be getting the software from the exact site printed on the front of the cart.

3. zarabow
    This message by zarabow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    May 29, 2013
  4. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.

Thank you for your replies guys, I'm not at home with my flashcard atm. The website printed on the box of my flashcard is http://www.r4i-gold.com/en/download/
    I bought the first or second one, I don't really know the difference. I tried both of their kernels but with the same 'System File Is Missing' Error. Any clue here?

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Screenshot what the files look like on the MicroSD?

6. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.

Thanks for your reply. There is no 2013 printed on the card but 3DS is printed. I guess this guide is not for me?

7. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Untitled.png
    Here you go!

8. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Oh My God!!! I actually solved the issue!!!

Here's the solution as future reference if anyone else has the same issue:

1. Copy the files in the screenshot above to the root of your SD (You can get them here: http://www.r4i-gold.com/en/download/skin/2012/0115/281.html, just in case ;))
    2. Load the flashcard onto a DS (phat) or DS Lite
    3. Once on the flashcard's menu on your DS, select the 4.5_1.45fwUpdate_V5.06.nds
    4. It will ask you if it's OK to upgrade the firmware, if ou agree press the A button.
    5. The update will start, it will take about 3 minutes.
    6. Afterwards you will have to power-off the DS.
    7. Your flashcard is ready! :toot: You can enjoy it on your DS/DSLite/3DS! :nds:

Note: My 3DS is of firmware 4.2.0-9E, I don't know if this flashcard will work or not on higher 3DS firmwares.

Wow! I'm so relieved! Nothing beats this feeling of satisfaction! :yaynds: Thank you guys for your concern and replies.