r4i Gold Pro - Error 83, 81

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by fillilutten, Jul 9, 2016.

1. fillilutten
    OP

fillilutten Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    Hi

Im totally new to this flash card world so bare with me (:
    I have a NDS Lite.
    I got a new flashcard (this http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/) that seems legit and bought a 8gb micro sd card. Formatted it through SDFormatter 4.0 on my Mac. Choose the Overwrite format. And after that I unzipped and put the 'R4i-V3.7b English' files on there. Then some '.nds' games in the root folder.

When i try to start the games i get this errcode 83 and 81 saying I could format them and there are some fragmentation errors on the sd card. Have tried formatting the card several times but no luck.
    I have managed to get one game started and I think that was when I did a new overwrite format, then just transfered one '.nds' game file to the root and tried. But after putting another rom on there the error showed up again.

How do I solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited by fillilutten, Jul 9, 2016
  2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Got a pic of the microSD card?

3. fillilutten
    OP

fillilutten Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    [​IMG]

Yes I've tried both these readers and SD cards.

4. fillilutten
    OP

fillilutten Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    Happy update!

I managed to figure it out. If I try to start the games with the start-button I do still get this error but if I start with the A button it works perfectly. Some strange bug I guess. But could be good to know if others get stuck in the same spot as I did.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice